Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subie09lega
    replied
    I felt that it went from horror at the beginning with a Shining feel to it and morphed into a more suspenseful, fast-paced story like 11/22/63.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I am about 150 pages in so far and I am loving it. I have been so busy I haven't given the attention I would like, but every reading session is rewarding. I like the dark feeling early on. I'd been reading a lot of crime fiction, and stories with drug/alcohol abuse and Danny is a quite believable alky. I can't speak fo rthe rest of the novel, but some people had said it wasn't really much for horror. Spoiler** It starts with supernatural occurences and Danny sees dead women and children, often rotting. The generally dark feeling of the story centring around death and redeption so far is also fits the horror genre. We will see where it leads, I don't find horror needs to be particularly scary to be consider horror, it's more about themes. A lot of old ghost stories aren't scary in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Still didn't get my copy so I am downloading the epub now. Will be reading on my lunch only though as I am currently caught up with cooking, cleaning, studying to get my insurance licence and playing GTAV and five is currently being neglected a bit.

Leave a comment:

• mdn822
    replied
    1/2 way thru - LOVE IT so far

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    i really enjoyed it. not very scary, but it was a great ride.

full review at LitReactor: http://litreactor.com/reviews/booksh...y-stephen-king
    Nice review, Richard. I think "Steam" would have been a better title for the book. "Docotr Sleep" didn't seem to capture the book's essence very well.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    I'm on about page 300 and I noticed on page 273 towards the bottom that a character is mentioned by the name of Fredericka Bimmel which was one of Buffalo Bill's victims in The Silence of the Lambs, weird huh?

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied

full review at LitReactor: http://litreactor.com/reviews/booksh...y-stephen-king

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Would have made a better "original" story than a sequel to one of King's man masterpieces. As it is, it's quite unexceptional. But CD's edition is bound to change that!

Leave a comment:

• marduk
    replied
    So, any thoughts on the story?

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Yes and I can't wait to get mine.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    That traycase looks absolutely stunning!

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Just picked up the trade hard cover yesterday. Looking forward to getting started soon.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I don't care for the traycase, which doesn't matter cuz I'm poor. LOVE LOVE LOVE the slipcase though.

Leave a comment:

• rusty23
    replied
    Now I really can't wait...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X