Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    My standard editions arrived well packed in a box. Odd that some were packaged in a brown envelope.
    Mine was double boxed and that was inside the padded brown envelope. Really well packed for shipping.

Comment

My signed copy was packed in three boxes and a cardboard envelope, probably the best-protected book I've ever received.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        My signed copy was packed in three boxes and a cardboard envelope, probably the best-protected book I've ever received.
        My signed coy was packaged just like the unsigned and then the padded envelope was inside another shipping box. Kind of felt like Russian nested dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Mine was double boxed and that was inside the padded brown envelope. Really well packed for shipping.
          I guess I didn't get the brown envelope variant. Here's how mine were packaged:

IMG_6039.JPGIMG_6040.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            By the way what is IG? I don't get the reference.
            Instagram.

Just tell her you have decided to switch your reading and collecting to romance novels.
            That's a good idea. Start telling her I"m getting of my new book recommendations from her mother.

Comment

Titan has released their overstock of the trade Hardbound edition. They have 450 copies without the second slipcase. Another Universe · LATER by STEPHEN KING: UNSIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION - PRINTER OVERRUN CO

Comment

Titan has released their overstock of the trade Hardbound edition. They have 450 copies without the second slipcase. Another Universe · LATER by STEPHEN KING: UNSIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION - PRINTER OVERRUN CO
                Do you mean without the second DJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Do you mean without the second DJ?
                  Correct. It states that it will not include the 'The Secret of Roanoke' dust jacket.

Comment

So, I had a weird buying experience regarding this book that I thought I would post. Back when Later was first offered for sale by Titan/ Forbidden Bookstore, I was able to snag a copy of trade hardcover w/cover variant. Was super bummed not to have been able to snag one of the signed limited editions. Even though I figured it was pointless, I put down my email to be notified should the product come back into stock. Of course, the signed limited edition never did. Then Titan/ Forbidden Bookstore “found” the batch of trade hardcovers without the cover variant. I passed on those as I did not see the need for a second copy and preferred to spend the money elsewhere.

Anyway, back in mid-May, I received an email from Forbidden Bookstore stating that the signed limited was back in-stock. I found this super odd but jumped on the link immediately as I figured it would sell instantly and that my credit card protection should cover me should this be some sort of scam. In my head, I was hoping that they “found” the copy much like they found the extra trade hardcovers without the cover variant. I was able to complete the purchase and received an email from Forbidden Bookstore the next day asking me to confirm the shipping charges since it would be coming from overseas. I confirmed that I wanted the item and kept my fingers crossed. I received the box last week. Was nervous but super stoked. The packing for the item was identical to what has previously been mentioned in this forum topic. When I opened the box, there was a smaller box inside. That box had a sticker on it stating signed-limited edition as well as a barcode; so, I was over the moon. When I unpacked that box, inside was the shrink-wrapped book. When I opened the shrink-wrap and inspected the book itself, I found that the box contained the trade hardcover w/cover variant and was not the signed limited edition or the 2nd trade batch without the cover variant. After some further inspection, it turns out that the barcode sticker also had the ISBN. The ISBN listed on the sticker matched the trade hardcover and not the signed limited.

Obviously, the warehouse that maintains their stock and ships out their items had it under the wrong listing. I reached out to Forbidden Bookstore right away. They replied next day and asked me to send them some pictures to verify the issue which I did. I received an email from them the following day and they confirmed that they would be issuing my refund in full, including the shipping charge. They also told me that I was free to keep the wrong item as an apology. That is some amazing customer service right there, and I did receive the full refund!

While I am bummed that I was not able to score the signed limited edition at list price, I was able to obtain a 2nd copy of the trade hardcover with the cover variant that I will hope to sell or trade. Looking online, the only identical copies available seem to be priced around the $220 mark. Will probably list mine for much less since it is a second copy for me. Hopefully, there is still someone out there who still needs the trade hard cover and the cover variant that comes with it. Anyway, weird buying experience story over now!
                    Last edited by sholloman81; 06-07-2022, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the story. I would have been bummed out as well but fairly happy about their customer service.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                      X