Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Congratulations! Mine is taking a very interesting route to get to me. I am actually enjoying seeing the scans showing the progress. It has been traveling on the closest highway to Canada that runs east west. Last scan was White Fish Montana just south of Glacier National Park and the Canadian border. It is beautiful up there, I would like to go back there at some point when it is not work related.
    Sounds kind of like the journey some reproduction SNES cartridges I bought are taking. Seller lives in Arkansas. I paid for Priority USPS. The carts left Little Rock, skipped right the hell over the Carolinas, and are currently on a tour of distribution centers in Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

Sounds kind of like the journey some reproduction SNES cartridges I bought are taking. Seller lives in Arkansas. I paid for Priority USPS. The carts left Little Rock, skipped right the hell over the Carolinas, and are currently on a tour of distribution centers in Maryland.
      I think I learned some things about FedEx. I always think of the scans as the item being moved from one truck to another in a facility and the actual package is scanned at the transfer point. This packaged scanned in five city's in and around Chicago over 5 days. It then scanned in four cities, covering four states, in two days. Some of those scans the truck would barely have the time to stop based on times of scan. I believe FedEx is using a truck scan rather than a package scan. So my thought is that they were stopping at Chicago area distribution points taking on all packages destined to the NW while my book patiently waited in the truck. Early in the process they revised my delivery date from the 21st to the 22nd. The package is now out for delivery on the original estimated date. Now the problem. I have a family situation going on and absolutely must leave my house by 2:00 and the package is set for signature required. If it is not here by 2:00 I will not get it until tomorrow. On a brighter note the unsigned hardbound is coming today USPS so I will have that one today for sure!

Comment

I think I learned some things about FedEx. I always think of the scans as the item being moved from one truck to another in a facility and the actual package is scanned at the transfer point. This packaged scanned in five city's in and around Chicago over 5 days. It then scanned in four cities, covering four states, in two days. Some of those scans the truck would barely have the time to stop based on times of scan. I believe FedEx is using a truck scan rather than a package scan. So my thought is that they were stopping at Chicago area distribution points taking on all packages destined to the NW while my book patiently waited in the truck. Early in the process they revised my delivery date from the 21st to the 22nd. The package is now out for delivery on the original estimated date. Now the problem. I have a family situation going on and absolutely must leave my house by 2:00 and the package is set for signature required. If it is not here by 2:00 I will not get it until tomorrow. On a brighter note the unsigned hardbound is coming today USPS so I will have that one today for sure!
        Yeah, and it was weird. Fedex showed up and actually required a sig, and not wearing a mask. Every UPS shipment I've got needing one the driver stands at the edge of my porch and asks for confirmation and does whatever is needed without any unsafe or physical action. It proves my point that Fedex is barely a shell of what UPS provides. Nevermind my normal weekday Fedex driver is a maniac. I'm surprised he hasn't hit anything, whips in an out of short driveways when he would be way faster to just park on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post

Yeah, and it was weird. Fedex showed up and actually required a sig, and not wearing a mask. Every UPS shipment I've got needing one the driver stands at the edge of my porch and asks for confirmation and does whatever is needed without any unsafe or physical action. It proves my point that Fedex is barely a shell of what UPS provides. Nevermind my normal weekday Fedex driver is a maniac. I'm surprised he hasn't hit anything, whips in an out of short driveways when he would be way faster to just park on the road.
          That will be interesting. My UPS guy sets the package at the door, steps back about 10 feet with a mask and asks me to state my name. They take that as a signature even when alcohol is in the shipment. On a side note, I did get my first Moderna shot yesterday!

Comment

This is all really interesting because from my perspective (at least in this area) FedEx and UPS are the same. The FedEx drivers tend to be a bit rougher around the edges, but I think that's just cause they aren't union. But I never see either wearing masks or anything like that.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              This is all really interesting because from my perspective (at least in this area) FedEx and UPS are the same. The FedEx drivers tend to be a bit rougher around the edges, but I think that's just cause they aren't union. But I never see either wearing masks or anything like that.
              No courier services are wearing masks while delivering here as well to residents. They probably do if they have to physically enter a location. Businesses, etc.

Comment

I have had two UPS purchases requiring signature recently and both times the driver had a mask to approach the house. I have also seen the Amazon driver come to the door and drop a package without a mask but they had no intention of human contact, just a drop and retreat.

Historically I have had much better results from UPS with regard to delivering on time. Lately FedEx has been good though.

Comment

Yeah neither UPS or FedEx wear a mask when picking up or delivering to the CD offices. Amazon does though. Amazon has other failing though, they've been known to just leave packages outside in the rain when no one is at the office.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    Yeah neither UPS or FedEx wear a mask when picking up or delivering to the CD offices. Amazon does though. Amazon has other failing though, they've been known to just leave packages outside in the rain when no one is at the office.
                    It happens to rain here a lot. For that reason I think the drivers are pretty tuned in to that. I have a covered porch and packages are almost always left there. Amazon is also pretty good at leaving smaller packages hidden behind some potted plants so you have to look to see them. Occasionally a package is left on a bench that is exposed but never when it is raining. That said, I am sure I have a lot less package traffic at my house then CD does.
                    Last edited by Martin; 04-22-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

So I left at 2 yesterday and FedEx showed up at 2:30 so delivery was delayed. They just arrived. The driver had a mask. Of course it was protecting his neck rather than his face. He handled the signature just like the UPS guy with one exception. The UPC guy stood back, with a mask on, asked for my last name and set the package down. The FedEX guy stood at the door with the mask around his neck, asked my last name, and handed me the package. So FedEx has it set up so they do not need to be at the door to have me sign anything but they still stand right at the door. But at the end of things I have my 22nd King signature and I have number 214. I also had not realized that the limitation was much smaller than Joyland. My Joyland is 484 of 724 while Later is 214 of 374.

Both the Amazing Universe and Forbidden Planet orders shipped from the same address.
                      Last edited by Martin; 04-22-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Congrats! Missed out on the signed edition but my unsigned copy is scheduled for today. Since it stated "out for delivery" it will could be anytime from today to Monday! LOL

So I left at 2 yesterday and FedEx showed up at 2:30 so delivery was delayed. They just arrived. The driver had a mask. Of course it was protecting his neck rather than his face. He handled the signature just like the UPS guy with one exception. The UPC guy stood back, with a mask on, asked for my last name and set the package down. The FedEX guy stood at the door with the mask around his neck, asked my last name, and handed me the package. So FedEx has it set up so they do not need to be at the door to have me sign anything but they still stand right at the door. But at the end of things I have my 22nd King signature and I have number 214. I also had not realized that the limitation was much smaller than Joyland. My Joyland is 484 of 724 while Later is 214 of 374.

Both the Amazing Universe and Forbidden Planet orders shipped from the same address.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My doubting proved to be unfounded because the signed edition of Later actually showed up on Monday. The unsigned HC showed up on Wednesday (they shipped it in one of those fiber filled brown envelopes and it was SHREDDED when it arrived. Luckily the book was in a box so all was good. The signed edition was packed very nicely.)

I posted some pictures of it on my IG and my wife was really concerned about my reading habit since I featured the alternate cover.

Congrats to everyone who got one.

Comment

Congrats. My unsigned copy did show up today and the brown envelope was ripped apart as well. However the book was safe in it's cardboard and shrink wrap.

By the way what is IG? I don't get the reference.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            My doubting proved to be unfounded because the signed edition of Later actually showed up on Monday. The unsigned HC showed up on Wednesday (they shipped it in one of those fiber filled brown envelopes and it was SHREDDED when it arrived. Luckily the book was in a box so all was good. The signed edition was packed very nicely.)

I posted some pictures of it on my IG and my wife was really concerned about my reading habit since I featured the alternate cover.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Just tell her you have decided to switch your reading and collecting to romance novels.

Congratulations!

Comment

My standard editions arrived well packed in a box. Odd that some were packaged in a brown envelope.

Comment

Working...
                                X