Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome. Way to go!

Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post
    Just received my S/L copy of Later from Forbidden Planet & it's number 1!
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Did it actually ship from the UK. I am under the impression that the UK orders for the US are actually shipping out of Amazing Universe in Illinois. Can't tell for sure as mine is currently vacationing in Chicago.
      You know what , I was so excited I ripped it open didn't check the package and threw it away (Not the book the packaging LOL). Just know that Forbidden Planet's shipping notice stated please allow 3 to 4 weeks for shipping and I paid $40.00 for shipping. so I assumed it was from the U.K. and I should know better than to assume anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        That is awesome. Way to go!

Thanks Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post

You know what , I was so excited I ripped it open didn't check the package and threw it away (Not the book the packaging LOL). Just know that Forbidden Planet's shipping notice stated please allow 3 to 4 weeks for shipping and I paid $40.00 for shipping. so I assumed it was from the U.K. and I should know better than to assume anything.
          I am drawing assumptions based on the shipping origin point. I believe forbidden planet may have worked a deal to allow their US orders to be shipped to and processed by Amazing Universe. I also would not be surprised if a portion of the Shipping & Handling goes to Amazing Universe for their efforts. I am basing this on the fact that I ordered the Limited from Forbidden Planet and the Trade Hardbound from Amazing Universe and they both shipped from the same Illinois city within days of each other. I am totally guessing on this.
          Last edited by Martin; 04-17-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

My signed edition appears to really like Illinois. So far FedEx has scanned the package in 5 different cities, all in Illinois. The original delivery date they provided was the 21st, they then changed it to the 22nd. At this point I will be shocked if I see it that soon.
            Last edited by Martin; 04-18-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

My signed edition appears to really like Illinois. So far FedEx has scanned the package in 5 different cities, all in Illinois. The original delivery date they provided was the 21st, they then changed it to the 22nd. At this point I will shocked if I see it that soon.
              The Jeffs are running around the state with your book, Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

The Jeffs are running around the state with your book, Martin!
                That would explain the rather random route it appears to be taking.

Comment

Surprisingly enough, a FedEx truck showed up in my Driveway today (Sunday) and delivered #87.

Mulleins
                  I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                    Surprisingly enough, a FedEx truck showed up in my Driveway today (Sunday) and delivered #87.

Mulleins
                    Congratulations! Mine is currently visiting Berwyn Illinois as part of its "Suburbs of Chicago" tour.

Comment

I got mine, #34, from another universe and it came from Illinois. So that shipping from Illinois for Forbidden being handled by someone in Illinois might be real.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                        I got mine, #34, from another universe and it came from Illinois. So that shipping from Illinois for Forbidden being handled by someone in Illinois might be real.
                        Congratulations. My copy has finally left Illinois so I may get it this week yet.

Comment

My copy is sitting at home, waiting for me to open it.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            My copy is sitting at home, waiting for me to open it.
                            Congratulations! Mine is taking a very interesting route to get to me. I am actually enjoying seeing the scans showing the progress. It has been traveling on the closest highway to Canada that runs east west. Last scan was White Fish Montana just south of Glacier National Park and the Canadian border. It is beautiful up there, I would like to go back there at some point when it is not work related.

Comment

Congratulations! Mine is taking a very interesting route to get to me. I am actually enjoying seeing the scans showing the progress. It has been traveling on the closest highway to Canada that runs east west. Last scan was White Fish Montana just south of Glacier National Park and the Canadian border. It is beautiful up there, I would like to go back there at some point when it is not work related.
                              Maybe you should have them hold your book there and go pick it up. Nice excuse to take an early Spring trip

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Maybe you should have them hold your book there and go pick it up. Nice excuse to take an early Spring trip
                                Worth considering.

Comment

Working...
                                X