Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King novel most in need of a signed limited edition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to dig out my copies of each. The problem will be in locating my copy of the TV Guide.

John

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Personally, I rather just have an illustraed edition of The Shining...
        Jerad Walters (Centepede Press) was working on a spectacular edition.
        King refused cooperastion, unfortunately.
        Going by what jerad did with the Salem's Lot limited and his King artbook, it would have been an incredible book.

sk

Comment

I know...oh, well.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Going by what jerad did with the Salem's Lot limited and his King artbook, it would have been an incredible book.

sk
            As long as you don't mind having to dust it once a week!!! A beautiful book, but that material is like a dust magnet.

Comment

Jerad Walters (Centepede Press) was working on a spectacular edition.
              King refused cooperastion, unfortunately.

sk
              Too bad that happened. Maybe CD can do The Shining?

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                Too bad that happened. Maybe CD can do The Shining?
                It would be fantastic to have a signed limited of the Shining/Shining Sequel set.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  It would be fantastic to have a signed limited of the Shining/Shining Sequel set.
                  Is there any such thing as signed plates by King at some small press store?? Like they always seem to have Laymons (even nowadays), Ketchum and others, but if King refuses to cooperate with certain proposed limited editions, just stick one of those plates in there as a signature sheet. I doubt any exist, though.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                    Is there any such thing as signed plates by King at some small press store?? I doubt any exist, though.
                    Hodder & Stoughton has released a number of limited editions by King, all with signed bookplates. Some were facsimile, some authentic.
                    They're not all that popular, but I like them, though. Especially the Desperation/The Regulators set. And Rose Madder. Ah, Wizard and Glass....

sk

Comment

They looks great, not got any of them yet

Comment

Don;t forget the UK Bag of Bones (2000 copies) with a numbered bookplate. Actually, it's a UK first edition with the bookplate.

John

Comment

Hodder & Stoughton has released a number of limited editions by King, all with signed bookplates. Some were facsimile, some authentic.
                          They're not all that popular, but I like them, though. Especially the Desperation/The Regulators set. And Rose Madder. Ah, Wizard and Glass....

sk

Wow I had no idea. Are any still around? But if some are real and some aren't, what's the point? They should make it clear what's legit and what's not. But they look nice I'll say that.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                            Don;t forget the UK Bag of Bones (2000 copies) with a numbered bookplate. Actually, it's a UK first edition with the bookplate.

John
                            That's right...but wouldn't the American version which I have flatsigned and dated by King, be worth more? I like bookplates myself, but considering there was an actual event where a signing took place, it seems to me the American version would make it more rare (signed I mean)? I still don't know which is the true first edition; I've read conflicting stories about that. Surely someone here would know? It's still the only trade version I have signed by King.

Comment

Which do you mean that you're not sure if it's a first edition or not, the US or UK? I've also heard that the s/l UK edition of Bag of Bones did include some second printings, but it's been pretty well established that they are all firsts.

As far as which is more valuable, the US or UK, both are, to me, about equal in value. If yours is dated close to the publication date, I'd say it is more valuable.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                                Which do you mean that you're not sure if it's a first edition or not, the US or UK? I've also heard that the s/l UK edition of Bag of Bones did include some second printings, but it's been pretty well established that they are all firsts.

As far as which is more valuable, the US or UK, both are, to me, about equal in value. If yours is dated close to the publication date, I'd say it is more valuable.

John

I just meant what the true first world edition is. I've never seen King date a page and he simply put "12/98." I've never dated anything that way, and I wouldn't put a period at the end of it either. It's probably fake lol. But if the true first edition is the UK one, then it seems to me it would be more valuable even if they're not dated and have signed plates.

Comment

Working...
                                X