No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Michael! And I know what you mean. For this one, I had to book in advance, and I was feeling okay about it, albeit a little nervous, for a month, until the day of the show arrived and I kept thinking "WHAT THE F@#! AM I DOING???" Really surreal being up there, as you know. Saying stuff to strangers in the hope that they'll like it. In a strange way, much like story submissions.
    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Today you can win a copy of my new dark fiction collection, FRESH CUT TALES. Follow the link to read an excerpt of one of the stories included in the collection, as well as what went into making this particular story. http://www.horror.org/blog/halloween...enneth-w-cain/

Edit to add this on:
      Both of my collections discounted through the end of the month. Links are on the post...
      http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...ugh-halloween/
      Last edited by ozmosis7; 10-23-2013, 08:18 PM.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

short-story-mechanics.jpg

If you've got one week and $70, I'm teaching a Short Story Mechanics class over at LitReactor in January. We're trying to offer some shorter classes at lower prices so more people can get involved. Check it out, I hope to see you there!

http://litreactor.com/classes/short-...richard-thomas
        FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

A guest post I did, discussing horror versus dark fiction and why I choose one over the the other, along with a fun true story.
          http://sfsignal.com/?p=85526

Comment

Rafflecopter giveaway for 2 errant hardcover copies of FRESH CUT TALES starts today. http://tinyurl.com/netu3sl

Comment

Hi Oz...I'll give this a read. Always interested in discussions like this.

Comment

Wow--quite a painful tale, but I get your "take." For what it's worth, I have experienced the terror and fierce pain of multiple bee-stings. As Mr. Horse on REN & STIMPY says: "No sir--I didn't like it..."

Comment

Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
                  Wow--quite a painful tale, but I get your "take." For what it's worth, I have experienced the terror and fierce pain of multiple bee-stings. As Mr. Horse on REN & STIMPY says: "No sir--I didn't like it..."
                  Thanks, William. I was worried early on, as I didn't have any ideas floating around after getting invited to do a post. But this seems to have entertained a few. Unfortunately, I was a beekeeper when I was younger, so this wasn't my first time being swarmed. But I think the failed date stung more than the bees. :P

Comment

Some updates on THE NEW BLACK, the first anthology I've ever edited, out with Dark House Press, where I'm also Editor-in-Chief.

We got our first blurb today, from none other than Jack Ketchum:

1962789_10152625392810299_1475533262_n.jpg

"THE NEW BLACK ought to be the New High Standard for dark fiction anthologies. It's loaded with intelligence and talent. Every one of the pieces in this extraordinary compilation is worthy of your full attention."—Jack Ketchum

Also, we're giving away TEN COPIES over at Goodreads.

ENJOY!

Comment

Hi, Richard. This is great news. You couldn't ask for a better review! I've registered at Goodreads for the contest (but will--one way or the other--snag a copy!).

Comment

thanks! yeah, this was kind of unexpected. thought he'd pass. so i'm really stoked that he blurbed it. very cool. plus it's one hell of a blurb, too. much appreciation for the support.

Comment

You got it!

Comment

Looking forward to it Rich. Maybe I can win one of the copies!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Significant edits have been made to my oldest collection, These Old Tales (a handful of stories removed, a few combined, and some artwork added). I've also added a hardcover edition for purchase. If you've previously purchased a digital copy of this book and would like an updated version, please contact me and I will provide a Smashwords code for a free copy.
                              http://goo.gl/9Zmi00

Comment

TWO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS, and an UPDATE

10155460_10152795815430299_8555304182175653286_n.jpg

First, I signed a two-book deal with Random House Alibi. Thanks to the HWA / SFWA, the contract and everything is just fine, no controversy or worries. My first book is DISINTEGRATION, a neo-noir, transgressive thriller about a man who sees his family die in a car accident, and slowly falls apart. Dexter meets Falling Down. Out in eBook only (for now) in May 2015. Random House has a lot of connections, so there a lot of opportunities I think.

dzanc230.jpg

Second, I've signged with Dzanc Books for a novel in four novellas called FOUR CORNERS. It's four novellas by myself, Nik Korpon, Axel Taiari, and Caleb Ross, set in four parts of a city, over four seasons. It's kind of a Sin City vibe. Out in August 2015.

It's been many years since I started both of these projects, six years and four years, respectively. But I think it's some of my best work.

1798212_10152614660795299_300326060_n.jpg

ALSO, the first anthology I've ever edited, THE NEW BLACK, it's out next week. Tons of authors you know, and we got a great blurb from Jack Ketchum: The New Black ought to be the New High Standard for dark fiction anthologies. It's loaded with intelligence and talent. Every one of the pieces in this extraordinary compilation is worthy of your full attention."
                                Last edited by RichardThomas; 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X