No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a Stuart Smalley Daily Affirmation Session, Ken.

Repeat after me.

I'm good enough....

(wait for response)

I'm smart enough...

(wait for response)

And, doggone it, people like me!

(wait for response)

I'm surprised at how many people don't know who Stuart Smalley is.

Saturday Night Live 1991
    Last edited by srboone; 06-03-2012, 06:48 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Haha.
      "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

Gratz, Ken!
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

My story "Cassandra Left Behind" is now live up at ThickJam. Hope you enjoy it.

http://thickjam.com/no-91
          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

My new Storyville column is up at Lit Reactor. For those that can't make my July 23rd class on horror writing here in Chicago at Story Studio Chicago, this may help. Enjoy.

http://litreactor.com/columns/storyv...#comment-79927

Comment

My story "Wicker Park Pause" is in the latest edition of One Buck Horror, Volume Five. Only .99 at Amazon, for the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AETPIG

Comment

One Buck? That's pro Congrats!
                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

thanks, CWL!

Comment

Hey everybody! First time posting here, except for the Sinister Grin Press stuff. How y'all doin'?

I've got a couple of things to announce that I'm very excited about.

My new novella, Infinity House, is now out from Gallows Press, a brand new imprint of Sideshow Press. Maggots and flies and rotten meat! Yummy!

Also, my new novella, All You Can Eat, is now out from Deadite Press. Insatiable, cannibalistic obese people! Lots of disgusting fun!

Also, check out Sinister Grin Press's new releases at www.sinistergrinpress.com

Good to be here, guys. Looks like an awesome group of folks!
                    Last edited by ShaneMcKenzie; 06-16-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Snubnose Press is one year old today. Read the article by Brian Lindenmuth, and pick up a FREE copy of Speedloader (with my work, as well as that of Nik Korpon, Matthew C. Funk, Jonathan Woods, Nigel Bird and W.D. County.) Cover art by Boden Steiner.

http://dosomedamage.blogspot.com/201...old-today.html

Comment

hahaha, I love that All You Can Eat cover.

Originally posted by ShaneMcKenzie View Post
                        Hey everybody! First time posting here, except for the Sinister Grin Press stuff. How y'all doin'?

I've got a couple of things to announce that I'm very excited about.

My new novella, Infinity House, is now out from Gallows Press, a brand new imprint of Sideshow Press. Maggots and flies and rotten meat! Yummy!

Also, my new novella, All You Can Eat, is now out from Deadite Press. Insatiable, cannibalistic obese people! Lots of disgusting fun!

Also, check out Sinister Grin Press's new releases at www.sinistergrinpress.com

Good to be here, guys. Looks like an awesome group of folks!
                        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. But, have to say, Blair Witch Project had me, had me, had me, ooooo lost me. I thought that movie started out with great potential. The first half hour or 40 minutes really had me ready for action. In my opinion, it quickly lost its edge and the acting became even more stiff when they couldn't find the map. From that point on, it was boring and laughable. I guess the crying, cussing and running through the night with the wobbly camera shot was supposed to ratchet up the terror, but it just seemed stupid to me.

Once again, the cheese walks alone on this. Almost everyone I know loved Blair Witch.

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post

My new Storyville column is up at Lit Reactor. For those that can't make my July 23rd class on horror writing here in Chicago at Story Studio Chicago, this may help. Enjoy.

http://litreactor.com/columns/storyv...#comment-79927
                          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

^that's why horror is so hard. for one person it's stupid and hilarious, for another, it's terrifying. <shrugs> who knows!

Comment

My novel, Mirrors of Anguish, is available on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Apple's iBookstore

Comment

nice cover art, congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X