Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    You're quite welcome

I'm already a fan of yours and haven't even read your stuff yet LOL.
    Oh the pressure!
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
      Oh the pressure!
      LOL. You're right. It better be good!!

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
        If you have a Kindle or the software for your computer or handheld device, PMP has made their Best of anthology free for 2 days. Not only does this have my story, "Warmth Within Thy Depths," but also work from F. Paul Wilson, Jonathan Maberry, Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee, as well as many other fantastic up and coming authors.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005U4WWSY

FYI, I forgot to mention that FREE price is on Dec 31st-Jan 1st. Sorry for any confusion.
        I do have a Nook E-reader that I need to use more often; it's a very cool device actually, especially if it's used via wifi. But I still constantly find myself having to pick up an actual, physical book. But thanks for the info.
        But hell if it's free, I'm getting it! I'd like to get that new Nook tablet too. But I have to wait til I get back to my regular job to afford that.

But I wanted to add something right here in this section. I know it's basically for authors only, but I just wanted to say some things. I'm going to ramble a bit but that's ok (I hope lol).

It seems to me that every author here can be another Stephen King or Clive Barker if they get the breaks those guys did. If people like you guys can come up with stories in your heads and write them (or I guess I should say type them) down and have everything make sense from beginning to end, then why couldn't you have the same success as a King or Barker or Koontz? The only difference there may be is those guys got a bunch of breaks and maybe some of you won't. And just think, all it really takes is one good story which hopefully becomes a bestseller, and the rest is history. And I know of the genetic thing LOL. You look at a guy like King and how his son is now a bestselling author as well. But is that because he's really good, or is it because he's Stephen King's son? From what I've read, he doesn't seem to have the same talent as his old man, and I mean the talent King had in the early years. 90% of his books for the past decade at least, have been pretty much garbage. But because he's so famous, his novels will automatically be published and automatically become bestsellers. "Joe Hill's" talent at creativity might be about the same as the son of the great Nathanial Hawthorne. He didn't have anywhere near the same creativity his daddy did, but again, his works were published because of who his father was.

I really believe any one of you could write a really good book at anytime and if the right person sees it, you're set for life. That's always been my own mindset: if I don't get the breaks other people do, I will use my will to at least try and make myself somewhat successfull in life. I wanted to go to college but all the things I had interests in, wouldn't really amount to anything LOL. History: what would I do with a history degree? Become a teacher/professor. Nope, no interest in that. Politics. What would I do with a political science degree? American/English Lit? What could I do with that? Theology. Become a preacher? Naw. There was nothing and then my grandpa told me he heard about an appretinceship with one opening and it was to train to be an electrician. I always had an interest in structural/mechanical engineering.....doing things, not sitting in an office pushing pencils like an architect mainly does, designing buildings and homes. But I didn't think I could afford to go to school for years so then I was told the contractor who the electrician worked for, would pay for me to take courses in mathematics and engineering, but I wouldn't get a degree out of it, just a couple dozen courses dealing mainly with a lot of electrical laws...stuff like this: http://www.circuit-magic.com/laws.htm. But I did eventually get an AD out of it paying for it myself (and I don't mean bribing when I say "paying" ). I wanted to have an actual degree, even a lil one like I have and not just take some courses for certificates.

And amazingly, it wasn't too difficult like I thought it would be. I'm certainly no mathematical genius and I always thought I was just maybe slightly above average in math but I thought I'd flunk out LOL. But nope, I forced myself and studied like hell and finally completed all that and the apprenticeship and became a licensed electrician and make a very good living. I'll never be a millionare but I never wanted to be; just as long as I make what I consider to be a pretty good annual income, I'm satisfied. I'm not working at that job now because I fell off some rafters lol, but I will be in March or April. My personal life sucks at the present time, but at least I now know I won't be living on the streets anytime soon.

Well, that's finally it. Looking at all of the above, maybe I really should of become a preacher, huh? LOL. I told ya this would be rambling and it was, but I guess I'm just bored, even on Christmas Day, so I came up with the above. I hope ya'll enjoyed it

Comment

Get PMP's Dark Doorways: Best of 2011 free, for 2 days only!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005U4WWSY
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I do have a Nook E-reader that I need to use more often; it's a very cool device actually, especially if it's used via wifi. But I still constantly find myself having to pick up an actual, physical book. But thanks for the info.
            But hell if it's free, I'm getting it! I'd like to get that new Nook tablet too. But I have to wait til I get back to my regular job to afford that.

But I wanted to add something right here in this section. I know it's basically for authors only, but I just wanted to say some things. I'm going to ramble a bit but that's ok (I hope lol).

It seems to me that every author here can be another Stephen King or Clive Barker if they get the breaks those guys did. If people like you guys can come up with stories in your heads and write them (or I guess I should say type them) down and have everything make sense from beginning to end, then why couldn't you have the same success as a King or Barker or Koontz? The only difference there may be is those guys got a bunch of breaks and maybe some of you won't. And just think, all it really takes is one good story which hopefully becomes a bestseller, and the rest is history. And I know of the genetic thing LOL. You look at a guy like King and how his son is now a bestselling author as well. But is that because he's really good, or is it because he's Stephen King's son? From what I've read, he doesn't seem to have the same talent as his old man, and I mean the talent King had in the early years. 90% of his books for the past decade at least, have been pretty much garbage. But because he's so famous, his novels will automatically be published and automatically become bestsellers. "Joe Hill's" talent at creativity might be about the same as the son of the great Nathanial Hawthorne. He didn't have anywhere near the same creativity his daddy did, but again, his works were published because of who his father was.

I really believe any one of you could write a really good book at anytime and if the right person sees it, you're set for life. That's always been my own mindset: if I don't get the breaks other people do, I will use my will to at least try and make myself somewhat successfull in life. I wanted to go to college but all the things I had interests in, wouldn't really amount to anything LOL. History: what would I do with a history degree? Become a teacher/professor. Nope, no interest in that. Politics. What would I do with a political science degree? American/English Lit? What could I do with that? Theology. Become a preacher? Naw. There was nothing and then my grandpa told me he heard about an appretinceship with one opening and it was to train to be an electrician. I always had an interest in structural/mechanical engineering.....doing things, not sitting in an office pushing pencils like an architect mainly does, designing buildings and homes. But I didn't think I could afford to go to school for years so then I was told the contractor who the electrician worked for, would pay for me to take courses in mathematics and engineering, but I wouldn't get a degree out of it, just a couple dozen courses dealing mainly with a lot of electrical laws...stuff like this: http://www.circuit-magic.com/laws.htm. But I did eventually get an AD out of it paying for it myself (and I don't mean bribing when I say "paying" ). I wanted to have an actual degree, even a lil one like I have and not just take some courses for certificates.

And amazingly, it wasn't too difficult like I thought it would be. I'm certainly no mathematical genius and I always thought I was just maybe slightly above average in math but I thought I'd flunk out LOL. But nope, I forced myself and studied like hell and finally completed all that and the apprenticeship and became a licensed electrician and make a very good living. I'll never be a millionare but I never wanted to be; just as long as I make what I consider to be a pretty good annual income, I'm satisfied. I'm not working at that job now because I fell off some rafters lol, but I will be in March or April. My personal life sucks at the present time, but at least I now know I won't be living on the streets anytime soon.

Well, that's finally it. Looking at all of the above, maybe I really should of become a preacher, huh? LOL. I told ya this would be rambling and it was, but I guess I'm just bored, even on Christmas Day, so I came up with the above. I hope ya'll enjoyed it
            Oh my God. I typed all this silliness while under the influence.
            Very sorry....

Comment

Oh my God. I typed all this silliness while under the influence.
              Very sorry....
              LOL~we all get a little loose and wordy sometimes! Especially writers
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                LOL~we all get a little loose and wordy sometimes! Especially writers
                Ok, thanks, but I'm not even a writer!!

Comment

These Old Tales Cover-Vol1-Final.jpg

A small varied collection of short work by myself. Kindle to come.

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...tressed-press/

Comment

My story "Misty" is now live up at ManArchy. Cool new site with a Playboy kind of vibe, plenty of sex, drugs, rock n roll. Oh, and fiction!
                    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2699[/ATTACH]

A small varied collection of short work by myself. Kindle to come.

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...tressed-press/
                      What the hell is "Flash Fiction"? But it sounds good...another short story book just like Shivers (thanks again Richard) and the book I'm buying from C.W. yet another short story collection; I can easily finish short stories, I'd like to check out all these books in this section!

Comment

Thanks! Flash fiction is short, short stories--usually well under 1000 words.

Comment

Thanks! Flash fiction is short, short stories--usually well under 1000 words.
                          Damn, I could really get into them then. A 1000 words or less?? Absolutely. Any chance of a signed copy?? I'll pay shipping costs and for the book (of course).

Comment

I only plan to release the digital copies at this time. I might publish all or some of the volumes together in the future, but that is still a ways off. But, if and when that time comes, sure.

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

My story "The Handyman" is now live in the debut issue of Conjectural Figments. Also in here, the extremely talented Simon West-Bulford and Craig Wallwork. The layout and design is really good.
                                FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Working...
                                X