Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugen
    replied
    Intelligent, thought provoking and a little unsettling. Thanks for participating in the interview and posting it - this was great!

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    New interview with me:

http://www.otherworldnortheast.org.u...m-j-grabowski/

Leave a comment:

• Menace
    replied
    Free ebook for Father's Day.

To celebrate Father's Day and my birthday on June 15, 2014 my ebook Real Life, a Dream and a Tall Tale will be free on amazon.com for that day.

rladtt.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HLSYNUM

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by marduk View Post
    I wrote a review for Abercrombie's "Half A King" that will be in Oklahoma City's newspaper at some point, probably around publication date (July - come on, already!).
    Congratulations! Love Abercrobie can't wait for this on

Leave a comment:

• marduk
    replied
    I wrote a review for Abercrombie's "Half A King" that will be in Oklahoma City's newspaper at some point, probably around publication date (July - come on, already!).

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Congrats, Richard. I added "the New Black" to my shopping cart.
    thanks! it's a great anthology, i mean, i basically reached out to the authors that have most influenced me, and the best neo-noir stories i've read in the past 5-10 years. it's not quite horror, but there are definitely elements of horror, and some authors that you horror fans will recognize, such as Brian Evenson and Stephen Graham Jones

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Congrats, Richard. I added "the New Black" to my shopping cart.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    TWO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS, and an UPDATE

10155460_10152795815430299_8555304182175653286_n.jpg

First, I signed a two-book deal with Random House Alibi. Thanks to the HWA / SFWA, the contract and everything is just fine, no controversy or worries. My first book is DISINTEGRATION, a neo-noir, transgressive thriller about a man who sees his family die in a car accident, and slowly falls apart. Dexter meets Falling Down. Out in eBook only (for now) in May 2015. Random House has a lot of connections, so there a lot of opportunities I think.

dzanc230.jpg

Second, I've signged with Dzanc Books for a novel in four novellas called FOUR CORNERS. It's four novellas by myself, Nik Korpon, Axel Taiari, and Caleb Ross, set in four parts of a city, over four seasons. It's kind of a Sin City vibe. Out in August 2015.

It's been many years since I started both of these projects, six years and four years, respectively. But I think it's some of my best work.

1798212_10152614660795299_300326060_n.jpg

ALSO, the first anthology I've ever edited, THE NEW BLACK, it's out next week. Tons of authors you know, and we got a great blurb from Jack Ketchum: The New Black ought to be the New High Standard for dark fiction anthologies. It's loaded with intelligence and talent. Every one of the pieces in this extraordinary compilation is worthy of your full attention."
    Last edited by RichardThomas; 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Significant edits have been made to my oldest collection, These Old Tales (a handful of stories removed, a few combined, and some artwork added). I've also added a hardcover edition for purchase. If you've previously purchased a digital copy of this book and would like an updated version, please contact me and I will provide a Smashwords code for a free copy.
    http://goo.gl/9Zmi00

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Looking forward to it Rich. Maybe I can win one of the copies!

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    You got it!

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    thanks! yeah, this was kind of unexpected. thought he'd pass. so i'm really stoked that he blurbed it. very cool. plus it's one hell of a blurb, too. much appreciation for the support.

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    Hi, Richard. This is great news. You couldn't ask for a better review! I've registered at Goodreads for the contest (but will--one way or the other--snag a copy!).

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Some updates on THE NEW BLACK, the first anthology I've ever edited, out with Dark House Press, where I'm also Editor-in-Chief.

We got our first blurb today, from none other than Jack Ketchum:

1962789_10152625392810299_1475533262_n.jpg

"THE NEW BLACK ought to be the New High Standard for dark fiction anthologies. It's loaded with intelligence and talent. Every one of the pieces in this extraordinary compilation is worthy of your full attention."—Jack Ketchum

Also, we're giving away TEN COPIES over at Goodreads.

ENJOY!

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
    Wow--quite a painful tale, but I get your "take." For what it's worth, I have experienced the terror and fierce pain of multiple bee-stings. As Mr. Horse on REN & STIMPY says: "No sir--I didn't like it..."
    Thanks, William. I was worried early on, as I didn't have any ideas floating around after getting invited to do a post. But this seems to have entertained a few. Unfortunately, I was a beekeeper when I was younger, so this wasn't my first time being swarmed. But I think the failed date stung more than the bees. :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X