Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJCams
    replied
    Lucian - am looking forward to checking out The Floors.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Thanks, oz. Nice work on Dark Bits. I like Apokrupha's LampLight magazine, so I might well check this out.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Big congrats, Lucian!

I have a reprint in DARK BITS (a reprint of the flash fiction piece "Visitors" from THESE OLD TALES that I reworked). Just came out late last night, so here is the publisher's website Apokrupha for availability. 53 authors, all flash fiction. Here is a link to the Kindle.

1000607_10151811649772570_1082044817_n.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Thanks, Michael! It was a blast to write. And well done on the Crowded Magazine score.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    I'm intrigued, Lucian! Congratulations on this.

And also congrats to Richard for snagging Stephen Graham Jones. I like his stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Congratulations, Richard, on your CD story acceptance! (Like oz, I got you on FB, but it bears repeating here.) I'm really looking forward to reading it.

If I may be so cheeky, I'd like to take this opportunity to raise awareness of a novel of mine, released Friday 13th September 2013.

HOW WOULD YOU ESCAPE A MAZE OF THIRTEENTH FLOORS?

You work in a skyscraper.
    You live in an apartment block.
    You stop over at a hotel.

You find a button missing from the elevator’s control panel.

Thirteen.

Over the years superstition has robbed floors from thousands of buildings across the world, and continues to do so.

Dawn McKenzie and Joe Bradley are about to discover where these floors really lie. Chased into an impossible maze split across time and space, their chances of survival narrow by the second.

And in a maze with precious little food, they are not the only ones trying to survive…

I hope that whets your appetite! If so then high yourself to my site (the above image is clickable) where you can download a three-chapter preview. Alternatively, here's a direct link: http://lucianpoll.files.wordpress.co...r-sampler1.pdf

I feel extremely fortunate to have had your favourite CD forum members cast their eyes over an early draft of The Floors. Thank you bookworm1, RJK1981, Sabrina Morgan, saginawhorror and srboone. I'll be in touch shortly regarding thank-you copies!

We now hand you back to your regular programming.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    1239510_623963744302505_1017625884_n.jpg

I'm thrilled to announce the signing of Stephen Graham Jones. Dark House Press (where I'm Editor-in-Chief) will be publishing his fifth short story collection, AFTER THE PEOPLE LIGHTS HAVE GONE OFF, a fantastic compilation of dark fiction, in late 2014. This collection will feature some recently recognized stories, a few obscure titles, and even a little original fiction. Stephen is known best for writing horror, but excels in a wide variety of genres, including neo-noir, fantasy, science fiction, and crime—all with a literary bent. He has 17 novels and collections out (or forthcoming) including All the Beautiful Sinners, Ledfeather, and Demon Theory. He is constantly nominated for awards, in the various “best of” anthologies, and one of the most prolific and impactful authors writing today. His stories have appeared in Black Warrior Review, Cemetery Dance, Gulf Coast, Hobart, Juked, Weird Tales, and hundreds of other elite publications. Stephen will also have a story, “Father, Son, Holy Rabbit” in our first anthology, THE NEW BLACK, out in early 2014. We are honored to have him at Dark House Press.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    thanks, william!

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    Hats off to you, Richard. Looking forward to reading the piece.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    thanks, boone!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Big-time congratz, Richard!

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    i posted in the CD submissions page, but in case you missed it, my story "Chasing Ghosts" was accepted by Cemetery Dance magazine. i can't begin to say how thrilled i am, since i've been a fan of CD as a collector for YEARS. it'll be out in 2014, probably summer, probably #72. thanks to brian, richard and everyone at CD for the support. first SHIVERS VI, now this. honored.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That is awesome great news
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Anytime. I look forward to reading it.

I just received two blurbs for my new collection, so I wanted to share. Pretty stoked.

“Fresh Cut Tales gives us originality and ambition. Solid combination from a writer to watch.”
    ~ Mort Castle, Bram Stoker Award winning author of NEW MOON ON THE WATER

“FRESH CUT TALES by Kenneth W. Cain is an enthralling, eclectic collection of unputdownable speculative fiction. I thoroughly enjoyed it!”
    ~ Benjamin Kane Ethridge, Bram Stoker Award winning author of BLACK & ORANGE and BOTTLED ABYSS

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    No worries, Michael, it was a great read. Thanks for downloading!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    Thanks very much, sir! I actually clicked into here to grab "The Buskers' Union" and Ken's collection, and walked right into a great compliment. I appreciate that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X