No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've wondered the same thing, TJCams. It was certainly a powerful movie. I had tried to put off watching it until I read the book, but one night it was on and I couldn't stop myself. I love the opening line.

Recently watched Life of Pi, Extremely Loud and Up Close, and Warm Bodies. Enjoyed the first two very much and Warm Bodies was fun.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Man of Steel: What a disappointment. No joy to be found in this turgid incarnation of the Superman story; and no character development to make us care one iota about these people. All rendered in mediocre CGI. And to make up for these short comings, the film turns into Transformers 3.5 for the last hour. As I suspected from the previews, Kevin Costner has all the best scenes.

Superman Returns now looks like the brilliant masterpiece it isn't.

2/5
      Last edited by srboone; 06-14-2013, 02:39 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was afraid of this, I hoped they'd do a better job this time around.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Man of Steel: What a disappointment. No joy to be found in this turgid incarnation of the Superman story; and no character development to make us care one iota about these people. All rendered in mediocre CGI. And to make up for these short comings, the film turns into Transformers 3.5 for the last hour. As I suspected from the previews, Kevin Costner has all the best scenes.

Superman Returns now looks like a brilliant masterpiece it isn't.

2/5

Comment

Tried watching Warm Bodies the other night - not for me, watched maybe 20-30 mins, then flipped the channel.

Watched Zero Dark Thirty last night - aside from the last couple minutes, I found it quite boring. I'm not really a big war movie person, which this pretty much was, but yet it wasn't. I did like the fact that it seemed pretty true to the actual events, as I could picture Hollywood totally screwing around with it. Again, not really my kind of movie.

One interesting movie I saw only a part of now, a couple times, is Movie 43. Wow - uhm.... weird, odd, some parts very funny, but definitely not for everyone.

Comment

Glad I reads this, as I was considering going to see the new Superman movie this weekend. Guess I'll wait for it to show up on cable. Refocusing on the new Star Trek, hoping the family will take me to see that instead.

Comment

Or course, I liked Ang Lee's Hulk better than The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton so take my review for what it's worth. A lot of fan boys will ooooh and aaaaah over the film and it may very well make a butt-ton of cash.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'll probably go see Man of Steel tonight. I just have a hard time fathoming it being worse than Superman Returns.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Transformers 3.5 comment really killed it for me. I prefer more story than eye-candy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    I'll probably go see Man of Steel tonight. I just have a hard time fathoming it being worse than Superman Returns.
                    I'd be curious to hear your thoughts as well, after you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                      I'd be curious to hear your thoughts as well, after you see it.
                      Sure, however, as long as it's not a dull movie I will probably like it. I did enjoy Transformers 3 even with all it's faults.

Instagram

Comment

And I'm interested in hearing everybody else's thoughts as well.

I just like getting mine out there first!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I saw the new Oz movie. Sadly I gave into the kids, so I am going to try for ST again today, see if I can convince them. Anyway, some interesting visual stuff in this one, successfully capturing that world to a degree. Rottentomatoes had it at a 59% overall rating and I do think that is very fair, given what it is.

Comment

Well, that's only one pt below "fresh". I think the problem was (aside from James Franco) was that anybody could have directed that film. It wasn't a "Sam Raimi" film.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah, I can't really say what it was, but something seemed to be missing. It wasn't that it was bad, just okay for me. Maybe it didn't fully capture the feeling of the classic movie, let alone as a predecessor. Nice attempt though, in my opinion.

Comment

So Man of Steel. I think it you where going into this movie expecting to see a Superman version of The Dark Knight you where going to be very disappointed. I think it was the best live action Super Man movie ever made, but that's probably because the Christopher Reeves Superman never really sat well with me as DC comics fan. I feel like this one left a bit to be desired in the depth of the plot, but made up for it in the action sequences. The CGI was noticeable, but you can't really make a superman movie with the current technology without noticeable CGI, and I think overall it was done tastefully. Overall though, it was still a "Origin Story" movie with are typically (at least in my opinion) the worst / slowest movies in a trilogy.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie and look forward to where they take it with sequels / The Justice League movie they are bringing out.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X