No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to see this one. It looks funny. When Super Fly started playing, I bust out a laugh!

"What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Finally got around to watching Captain America. Nothing special really, but I enjoyed it. Good effects and the like. 3.5/5

Comment

Not really a movie, but Game of Thrones. The oatmeal was right. Queen Cersei is a real cunthammer and Prince Joffrey a real douche. But I knew that going into the series. I also knew that Perter Dinklage rocks in every thing he's in--and he's simply awesome here. I like Tyrion Lannister a lot better in the series than I did in the books (I've only read the first two.) And the ending is perfect; just as I imagined it to be.

5/5
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Couldn't get into game of thrones. I can't get into stuff from that... era I guess is the word.

Comment

I love the books, but I have mixed feelings about the show. The budget was tight for the first season I guess, because everything feels like on a small scale. For example, the tournament they have (jousting, etc.) is really small, while in the book it was a huge event. Plus the Dothraki horde is more like a band of rogues than a horde. Still, its entertaining. I can't get over the Renly and Loras thing though...

Comment

Retreat: Cillian Murphy, Thandie Newton, Jamie Bell. Great cast! This film kind of came out of nowhere and I really enjoyed it. A couple vacations on a remote island and a man washes ashore claiming a virus has overtaken the rest of the world. To believe or not to believe? That is the question. I won't give it away but it's definitely worth a watch. 4 out of 5 viruses

Moneyball-Big baseball fan, liked it. 3.5 out of 5 homeruns

Human Centipede 2- I cannot tell a lie. I adore, am obsessed with the first film. This one certainly goes for even more of a gross out factor but Tom Six can pick a villain. With a neat tie in to part 1, if you enjoyed it, this is a must see. I won't apologize for my love of these films but I will explain: they are not remakes of classic films and they are certainly an original concept. Gross or not. 5 out of 5 centipedes.

Comment

Totally entertaining - highly recommended.

****/*****

sk

Comment

I'll look into it. Thanks.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Googled it and chcecked out the trailer. Looks pretty good Siep!

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
                      Human Centipede 2- I cannot tell a lie. I adore, am obsessed with the first film. This one certainly goes for even more of a gross out factor but Tom Six can pick a villain. With a neat tie in to part 1, if you enjoyed it, this is a must see. I won't apologize for my love of these films but I will explain: they are not remakes of classic films and they are certainly an original concept. Gross or not. 5 out of 5 centipedes.
                      Glad to see some love for this one. I got to see it uncut before the Australian Censors got their dirty hands on it. Was lucky enough to see it with the star of the show present for Q & A after it. Actually found it darkly humerous in a very sick and twisted way. Looking forward to the promised third film in the series. The director has promised it will bring the trilogy to a satisfying conclusion.

Comment

Oscar: Sylvester Stallone as mob boss Snaps Provolone who tries to honor his father's dying wish that he go legit. Everything about this comedy is nearly perfect. Comic timing, casting, fantastic word play, and a final gag that left me in stitches. If only it didn't look like a filmed stage production. The lifeless filming of this otherwise hysterical farce is its biggest failure, which is surprising coming from John Landis. Sylvester Stallone is the weakest link in the casting, but ever body else is so terrific, it doesn't matter. Standouts are Ornella Muti as Stallone's wife, Tim Curry as a mild-mannered speech therapist and the wonderfully chaotic Chazz Palminiteri as his befuddled and addle-minded hit man Connie. Barely released theatrically in 1991, it's worth checking out.

4/5
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Squire, no midnight viewing of Hunger Games?
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

No, not tonight. It's the gas thing. I had to make a few trips into the farthest regions of KC and decided that I'd better not. (More money for books!)
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                              Googled it and chcecked out the trailer. Looks pretty good Siep!
                              It is really good.
                              One of the better (South) Korean movies I've seen.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                No, not tonight. It's the gas thing. I had to make a few trips into the farthest regions of KC and decided that I'd better not. (More money for books!)
                                Connie and I are off to see it in a couple of hours - the reviews have been good (although their have been more than the odd comparison between The Hunger Games and The Running Man in the media of late). Expecting good things

Comment

Working...
                                X