No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Dawn 11/11!!!! The best of the entire Twilight comedy series thus far. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
      Breaking Dawn 11/11!!!! The best of the entire Twilight comedy series thus far. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time.
      But how did the bed get broken???? (since I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post, I'll let the 11/11 score slide...)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ya, this was sarcasm. I did however laugh non-stop. I've endured all of these for my daughter's sake, because all of her friends are into the series. This one was hilarious..no joke.

The bed?
        Spoiler!

Funniest scene?
        Spoiler!

Edit:
        May try Moneyball tonight if the wife is up for it. I need a good movie to help me recover from this one.

Comment

But I wanted to see that scene in the movie! Make it semi-interesting! I did liek the birthing scene--it had a cheesy, 70's vibe to it that made me laugh!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            But I wanted to see that scene in the movie! Make it semi-interesting! I did liek the birthing scene--it had a cheesy, 70's vibe to it that made me laugh!
            I agree. The whole thing had this incredible cheesy feel. Very funny stuff. Not my cup of tea, but at least I got a laugh out of it.

Comment

I did not detect your sarcasm but am glad srboone did because I was going to suggested banning u (jokingly) just for liking twilight. I'm surprised I havent seen a Twilight bashing thread since people here tend to be horror fans.

Comment

Well, I hope I'm not coming off as bashing it, and I thought my sarcasm would be easier to detect by me referring to it as a comedic series LOL. I mean, this junk really appeals to some people .

I try to see the good in it, that perhaps these people might someday gain an appreciation for a real vampire story because of it . At least, this is what I hope for my daughter, who has recently taken a liking to The Twilight Zone and some of the lighter King stories turned to movies (Dead Zone series, The Green Mile, Stand By Me, etc). I'd like to think this light b-movie horror series helped her gain some thicker skin, so as to not be so afraid of the unknown. Perhaps there is where the series has a fan base ?

Comment

Well, when this forum started, I remember someone referring to himself as a Twi-hard, and I treated it a a joke, but it wasn't and I think I scared him off. I don't even remember who it was. Then there is a member named Caren (C.W.LaSart)--she posts mostly in "The Writer's Corner" because, well, she's a writer --she told me I couldn't possibly understand Twilight unless I was a 14 year-old girl. Fair enough.

I let it go at that.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Someone on one of the writing forums I reside within said they watched these movies with the MST3K crew!!! Oh man, I'd love to see that!

Comment

That would be cool! I watched Toxic Avenger 4: Citizen Toxie with some of the cast members. Troma Entertainment used the same actors in most of it's movies and when it went under some of them joined the Navy; I ended up on a ship in Japan with three of them!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

They should require those guys to have an version on every DVD, in case you don't care for the movie.

Comment

Flash Gordon (1980): Another one of my guilty pleasures. Sam Jones and Melody Anderson have 0 personality and chemistry as Flash and Dale, but everything else about this movie is so...right that it's hard to quibble with it. Max von Sydow as Ming the Merciless; Topol as Dr. Zarkov; Timothy Dalton as Prince Barin (is that awesome or what?); Ornella Muti as Princess Aura; Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan; the cheesy sets, the dated special effecsts; those awesome matte paintings. And a wonderfully bizarre score by the one and only Queen! What's not to love about this film?

3.5/5

FG1.jpgFG3.jpg

Nice box cover art by Alex Ross!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Came in a fliptop box with a Ross drawing!

FG2.jpgFG4.jpg
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Flash! OO OO! Love it. This is one cheesy movie that (for whatever reason) I've watched several times.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                                Flash! OO OO! Love it. This is one cheesy movie that (for whatever reason) I've watched several times.
                                I agree. I tend to watch this one whenever it is on. I'm the same way with Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny, which I mention because the rental just showed up in the mail yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X