No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moneyball: This a terrific movie, well-written and well-acted. Some people say it's a movie about baseball; other's say it's about the behind-the-scenes manueverings of a third-rate baseball organization. What I saw in it was a revenge movie--the story of a failed baseballer who wanted to change the way the game is played because he doesn't think he was given a fair shot. I guess the differing views of the film is a testement to it's power. Either way, this is one of the year's best films. It's leisurely paced, but suspenseful (even if you rember the outcomes of the games).

It is also a terrific movie about what's wrong with professional sports (but that's a rant for another forum.)

5/5
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Good news. I've been wanting to see that one. Thanks Srboone.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

You sure see a lot of movies, Squire. I used to, but over the years my movie going days have diminished quite a bit.

sk

Comment

I used to see a lot of movies as well, but lately it just feels like there hasn't really been much worth spending the ticket price for. There are a couple movies coming out that I would like to see though, The Three Musketeers, The Rum Diary, and I think Immortals could be good.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

50/50 - 9.25/11 (weird rating, I know, lol. Basically I'd give it a A-)

Loved this one, though one part of it seemed a little obvious to me. A couple of the shots were a bit blurry throughout, but I will assume that was from the projector
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I always fall for the 3 Musketeers, even if it is like the 4th+ such incarnation of the tale. There was something fun about the Charlie Sheen one for me. Still, why don't they attempt to make a new movie instead of redoing movies for the umpteenth time? Some of these are great, but it is getting old. It would be an interesting list to evaluate originals versus their subsequent remakes. I wonder who typically wins out overall. For instance, Reeve's Superman vs the remake I'd give to Reeve's hands down, but having grow up watching the TV series I don't think I could put Reeve's above the show overall. Superman II, though, rocked. Of course, this is only my viewpoint. I'd be curious to see others. For me...

Superman II>TV Superman>Other Reeve's Supermans>Return of Superman
              New Batman movies>Keaton Batman>TV series>other 3 Batman movies
              New True Grit>Wayne True Grit
              Original The Day Earth Stood Still>New one
              Original War of the Worlds>New one

...can't think of any others offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                I always fall for the 3 Musketeers, even if it is like the 4th+ such incarnation of the tale. There was something fun about the Charlie Sheen one for me. Still, why don't they attempt to make a new movie instead of redoing movies for the umpteenth time? Some of these are great, but it is getting old. It would be an interesting list to evaluate originals versus their subsequent remakes. I wonder who typically wins out overall. For instance, Reeve's Superman vs the remake I'd give to Reeve's hands down, but having grow up watching the TV series I don't think I could put Reeve's above the show overall. Superman II, though, rocked. Of course, this is only my viewpoint. I'd be curious to see others. For me...
                You can't really call the new superman a remake, more of a continuation of the story (with different actors). They used Superman going to find krypton as the explanation for essentially why there hasn't been a superman movie in years. When it comes to superhero movies, I think in most instances the cartoons where way better than the movies, with Iron Man as one of the few exceptions to the rule, as the Iron Man cartoon, was about the cheesiest thing I have ever seen.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                  I always fall for the 3 Musketeers, even if it is like the 4th+ such incarnation of the tale. There was something fun about the Charlie Sheen one for me. Still, why don't they attempt to make a new movie instead of redoing movies for the umpteenth time?
                  Hey, Ken. You might get both with the new 3 Musketeers. From the trailer it looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with the 3 Musketeers, other than maybe a couple character names. I sure don't remember a female musketeer, or Chinese martial arts in any other.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The only movie I can think of that I am realy looking forward to is the 3rd Batman movie. I *think* it comes out next summer.

Comment

Dan, fine points on the Superman, and comparing them to the cartoons, as well. I didn't really care for the new Superman movie at all, so hopefully this next installment I've heard rumors about will be better. As for the cartoons I think I've said it before, but those 2 newest Avenger cartoons were phenomenal. With todays technology on that front they can't make cartoons almost real.

TerryE, I hear ya, but Charlie's version will always be "WINNING" for me LOL. It does look interesting, but it always feels a little like the latest Jack Sparrow movie to me in a way.

Bsaen, very much looking forward to this 3rd installment. I think it will be good. This and the Avengers movie are at the top of my "see in theaters" list.

Comment

I've been going to tons of movies since I got to college (I also learned not to take the girlfiiends--they tend to get annoying and want to say something at the wrong moments; If she said something about wanting to see a particular movie, I sneak off and go see it alone, then take her. I just never wanted to sjare that part of my world with anyone.)

I thought about a midnight premiere last night, but I found Paranormal Activity boring and never saw the sequel; The Three Musketeers had too much of a Whatthehell??? factor to it; I thought about Johnny English Reborn but I decided I wasn't in the mood for silly English humor (though I like the original).

I guess I'll post my movie collection pretty soon......
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          The only movie I can think of that I am realy looking forward to is the 3rd Batman movie. I *think* it comes out next summer.
                          I heard something on TV the other day about this, there's supposed to be a 6 minute prologue for The Dark Knight Rises if you see the new Mission impossible in IMAX. Here's a link to a news article I just found.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...this-december/

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            I guess I'll post my movie collection pretty soon......
                            That's something to be looking forwards to!!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              The only movie I can think of that I am realy looking forward to is the 3rd Batman movie.
                              The Hobbit, Avatar 2 and 3, My Mother's Curse (or whatever the title is at the moment), Mission Impossible IV - some of my choices.

sk

Comment

The Hobbit does look good, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X