Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Zookeeper! UGH!
    lol, I hated that movie the first time I saw it, but loved it the 2nd time I saw it. Think I was more in the mood for a stupid movie the 2nd time, because it is a very stupid movie (which is what it is meant to be)
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Zookeeper! UGH!
      Another rating scale Ken? UGH to BOOYAH?

And I liked both Zoopkeeper and Paul Blart! Inocuous and harmless comedies, both; but silly and enjoyable!

I especially liked how Paul Blart demonstrated that the difference between James Bond and..well..anyone else, is just a camera angle!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I enjoyed Paul Blart. I thought it wasn't bad. There were points in Zookeeper when I laughed, slight enjoyment. I'm not sure I would venture anything over 2/5 at best, and only that because the kids enjoyed it. But...

Spoiler!

Again, to each their own. I guess I just expected something more humorous than it really ended up being. I do not think this was on the level of humor even seen in Blart.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion.

Again, a lot of harmless fun. Legion looked a bit fake, but who cares. It's all part of the kaiju experience.

****/*****

sk

Comment

I enjoyed Paul Blart. I thought it wasn't bad. There were points in Zookeeper when I laughed, slight enjoyment. I'm not sure I would venture anything over 2/5 at best, and only that because the kids enjoyed it. But...

Spoiler!

Again, to each their own. I guess I just expected something more humorous than it really ended up being. I do not think this was on the level of humor even seen in Blart.
            You did better than I did the first time I saw Zoolander because I didn't find it close to funny at any point in the movie. I must not have been in the right mood for it when I saw it though, because I have found it hilarious ever since the 2nd viewing. Not a movie I would watch over and over, but good for a watch on occasion though
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I'll likely be forced by my kids to watch this so many times it grows on me LOL. Although the Fred movie should burn in hell! I refuse to watch that crap one more single time. Ugh! The things you watch as a parent. Why can't my children just be demented like I was growing up and watch good movies like The Omen or Psycho?

Comment

Okay, I know I'm about 90 years too late, but we watched Buster Keaton's "One Week" last night. TCM is having marathons all month. I've never watched a whole Keaton short or movie, but it was quite brilliant (4/5). What impressed me the most was that my 5 year old loved it.

And like you Ken, I can't wait until he's old enough to watch some of the horror I grew up on. But I still think that's 6 or 7 years away. I just hope he never knows anything about Psycho before he gets to watch it. I was very lucky that we got to see "Empire Strikes Back" before he knew about Vader.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Every Sunday night TMC has silent shorts on late night: Keaton, Chaplin, Lloyd...great stuff!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I first saw this film decades ago, and found it to be utterly boring. Four hours of pure...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..
                    Just watched it again, and guess what; I really liked it.
                    The BD comes with a gorgeous transfer - this movie, from 1939, looks brand-new.
                    Great love story, fantastic performances, non-stop Drama!
                    Simply the best movie I've seen this year.

*****/*****

sk

Comment

Glad you've joined the club, Siep! I've always found GWTW enjoyable, so I had to get the Collector's Box when it came out. I also read the book late last year and found it to be one of the best I'd ever read!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'll definitely read the book one day. First my stack of McCammon, King and Donald Duck!
                        I'm really surprised I liked this movie though, as my memories of watching it the first time are dim, but overwhelmingly negative.
                        Must be the age thing...

sk

Comment

Horrible Bosses 4/5

Some pretty good laughs. I don't know what it is, but Jennifer Aniston seems to be getting hotter and acting better as she gets older!

Comment

That she is Pete!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              That she is Pete!
                              We agree here!

Comment

Footloose: This movie poses a serious question: if you remake a beloved 80's cornball nugget of a movie nearly shot-for-shot, and the original wasn't really THAT good of a movie to begin with, is the remake a good movie? The answer is obviously a resounding..."MAYBE!" But then, the original benefited from a star-making performance from Kevin Bacon and an equally memorable turn from the relatively unknown Chris Penn (who was taken from us way too early.) No such luck here, though Wormald and Tiller are quite engaging in the roles. And Julianne Hough is more enjoyable in the role of Ariel than Lori Singer was. But where the original seemed like 9-10 music videos haphazardly strung together (MTV actually played music videos back then), this one doesn't seem so and works better as a coherent story. Forget the fact that, this time around, the elders of Bomont would have been teenagers during the 60's and 70's (unlike the orginals who would have been exposed to the music of th 40's and 50's.) For any refugee of the 80's (like myself) there's a heavy sense of deja vu hanging over the whole thing, but that's the point. The movie is fun, that's all there is to it. I saw it in a theater with other 80's survivors (I think those are the only people who are paying to see it anyway) and the audience sang with the soundtrack and spoke some of the lines of the movie. I was thinking that the original could enjoy a second life as a midnight movie staple, with people dancing up front and audience participation.

.....Maybe not.....

3.5/5 (but definitely a guilty pleasure)
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X