No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to watching (LOL! It's from 1971) The French Connection. I watched the entire movie and I'm not sure why. It was drawn out, had some odd dialogue*, and the ending was awful. I wouldn't watch this again and on a 1-5 scale would give this a 2. I didn't fall asleep watching it or it would have drawn a 1 to a 1.5.

*"...for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie." <=== What does that even mean?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

You are/were in my old stomping grounds. Grew up in that general area. Near a little town called Union City which is about 30 minutes (or so) South of Erie.

Originally posted by mtyree View Post
      suddenly plunged into N/W PA ( 'bout and hour s/e of Erie ) for a killer job with Ferrellgas, Class A, tanker, hazmat, air brakes and after a 2-week cram, roughly 300.00 invested than a piss test I was a propane "expert" and worked outdoors 75 % of the "day" in sub-zero weather-- I made friends, heard stories, of madness occuring due to extreme weather. Luckily, I ( and my '84 Chevy p/u ) took to the whiteouts, the -20 degree, eerie, nearly supernatural weather like a duck to the Allegheny.
      Best job I never had cuz we all know, if you love what you do ? It's not a "job".

Comment

Venom. I was really looking forward to this one, read some reviews which lowered expectations and came out of the theater once again puzzled by bad reviews. I have not read the comics so I am not a purist and enjoyed it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
          Venom. I was really looking forward to this one, read some reviews which lowered expectations and came out of the theater once again puzzled by bad reviews. I have not read the comics so I am not a purist and enjoyed it for what it is.
          I need to get out to see this one.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
            I'll check this out eventually as well. I really enjoy Tom Hardy. I just have a hard time with a Venom film that doesn't has Spider-Man in it.

Comment

Re-Watched Maximum Overdrive yesterday evening. Fun and cheesy as can be but still a family favorite. Had forgot all about the cameo at the beginning.

Language Alert:

Spoiler!

3/5 but nostalgia may push it to a 4/5.

Comment

I watched HOLD THE DARK last night on Netflix, and...what the fuck was the point of that? It must just be me, since everyone else is raving about it, but I found it boring and pretentious. Why did any of this stuff happen?
                (I would love to get into more spoilery territory, but I don't want to ruin it for anybody.)
                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

That is one movie I had wanted to watch. It looked interesting to me.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  I watched HOLD THE DARK last night on Netflix, and...what the fuck was the point of that? It must just be me, since everyone else is raving about it, but I found it boring and pretentious. Why did any of this stuff happen?
                  (I would love to get into more spoilery territory, but I don't want to ruin it for anybody.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    That is one movie I had wanted to watch. It looked interesting to me.
                    Well, watch it, and then explain it to me.

Comment

LOL. Will do.

Well, watch it, and then explain it to me.

Comment

Good deal! I need to talk to someone about this film.

Comment

I'm in for a spoiler-filled discussion. Maybe we should start a Movie Spoiler thread? We could list the movie title before each post, then put everything else in a spoiler tag similar to this.

Hold The Dark:

Spoiler!

This way, if someone wants to avoid spoilers they can skip the whole thread and if someone is browsing the thread for a specific movie they won't stumble across spoilers for another film they haven't seen yet.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Sounds good o me.

And you totally fished me in with that spoiler. I thought "I don't even REMEMBER anything about a sled..."

Comment

Z for Zachariah: 3.75/5

It felt a little unfinished and unsettled but had some nice moments of drama. Post apocalyptic, very small cast, and kept me interested the entire time. They did a great job of presenting issues of right and wrong in a very compact setting. Plus the filming location was beyond beautiful.

I'm very picky about re-watching movies and this one does not feel like something I would watch again. If it were it would be a solid 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Z for Zachariah: 3.75/5

It felt a little unfinished and unsettled but had some nice moments of drama. Post apocalyptic, very small cast, and kept me interested the entire time. They did a great job of presenting issues of right and wrong in a very compact setting. Plus the filming location was beyond beautiful.

I'm very picky about re-watching movies and this one does not feel like something I would watch again. If it were it would be a solid 4.
                                I've read numerous good reviews about ZACHARIAH but still have not yet pulled the trigger. My local used movie shop has it stocked in their Horror section, though my impression is that it is more of a drama with thriller elements. Any thoughts of it fitting in the genre?

Comment

Working...
                                X