Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Overall though I say check it out. It's certainly worth a watch, even with it's low Rotten Tomatoes score. I think this is one of those movies where the general public's opinions and the critics opinions just aren't going to line up.
    I'm going tonight and after all the reviews I've read, I'm anticipating it more than I was - I was dreading it. I checked IMDb yesterday and the score was 8.1, this morning it's still at 7.7 so that's still a good rating after the flood of ratings that have come in after last night's viewings.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      I'm going tonight and after all the reviews I've read, I'm anticipating it more than I was - I was dreading it. I checked IMDb yesterday and the score was 8.1, this morning it's still at 7.7 so that's still a good rating after the flood of ratings that have come in after last night's viewings.
      I'm glad to hear the IMDB ratting holding pretty high. The critics on Rotten Tomatoes are being unnecessarily brutal.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I enjoyed batman vs. superman as well. Don't know what the critics are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
          I enjoyed batman vs. superman as well. Don't know what the critics are talking about.
          I enjoyed it too and the people in the theater seemed to as well, they cheered at the end.

Comment

WIth $15 in AMC stubs rewards, I got an IMAX 3D ticket for $1.04!

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice: Loud, grim and totally devoid of humor. Great production design, and better than expected performances, but pretty boring over all (I was bored after 1 1/2 hours and got a headache after two--but I stayed through the credits and there wasn't a tag!). Best scene in the movie was watching Bruce Wayne witnessing the collateral damamge in Metropolis; scenes of Bruce Wyane's childhood feel recycled from better outings. Best thing about the movie was Wonder Woman who wasn't in the title. Don't waste your money on the 3D treatment.

At least Marvel Universe movies don't take themselves too seriously. This movie makes one appreciate Nolan's softer approach to The Dark Knight.

2/5

But it will make a shitload of money. It doesn't have to good. In a sold-out IMAX theater, nobody applauded the movie afterwards.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Best thing about the movie was Wonder Woman who wasn't in the title.
              This movie makes one appreciate Nolan's softer approach to The Dark Knight.
              These were two of my main thoughts when exiting the movie. Also I know a lot about the comic book Batman from the late 70's to present and don't feel the character acted appropriately. To a lesser extent, same with Superman, though I don't have the same background with him.

I did enjoy it overall and would score it around a 3-. Some of that is I just enjoy seeing Batman and Superman onscreen. I'm glad I went.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Supes is too wound up. Just give him back his red underwear and let him relax. Not everybody is comfortable going commando.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I actually appreciate the serious tone more here. It's contrasting. The Marvel movies have all started to feel the same. Joking and one liners all over the place and it's beginning to stagnate with my tastes at least. I'm honestly glad this movie is nothing like the Marvel movies. It gives us something different, and it's different in a way that I think suits the tone of the characters. I don't really think Batman or Superman work in a joking environment. They are characters that take themselves very seriously. The same thing goes with Wonder Woman. Now if / when we get around to The Flash and Green Lantern. If they use the same "too serious" approach there, then that won't work. But a grizzled Batman and a Superman still trying to find his place are take yourself too serious characters. You could see the change happening in both toward the end of the movie.

I'm sorry you found it boring. Personally I loved it, and can't wait to see a standalone Batfleck movie. As much as I love Nolan's Batman movies, I think this is a much better version of both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Bayle's Bruce way was a joke, who wasn't interested in running his own company and all the good he could do through it. His Batman on the other hand was barely audible half the time and didn't really fight like Batman. I love those movies, but it wasn't Batman that made me love them, it was everything else.

Instagram

Comment

Affleck was terrific in the movie and I hope he does get his own film. And I want to see w Wonder Woman movie as well--I like what they've done with her character. But I'd like to see Superman recast. And reclothed.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Has anyone seen 10 Cloverfield Lane yet? The kid and I are baching it while the cat's away and was thinking about taking in a show. Have to wait to see Batman/Superman upon her return.

Comment

We saw it. I thought it was pretty well done. We enjoyed it. Masterpiece of film making...No. But lots of interesting parts, funny lines and suspense. Goodman kills it. That guy is great.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Affleck was terrific in the movie and I hope he does get his own film. And I want to see w Wonder Woman movie as well--I like what they've done with her character. But I'd like to see Superman recast. And reclothed.
                          I don't really think you can fault Henry Cavil for the way he portray's Superman. His performance is good, it seems like you just don't like the way they are writing the character, which isn't his fault. I think the costume you'll just have to accept. They got rid of the red breifs in the comics awhile ago and they are making no move towards bringing them back, so I doubt we'll ever see them in the movies until they change it in the comics.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            We saw it. I thought it was pretty well done. We enjoyed it. Masterpiece of film making...No. But lots of interesting parts, funny lines and suspense. Goodman kills it. That guy is great.
                            Thanks, Mike! Huge fan of his also.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Has anyone seen 10 Cloverfield Lane yet? The kid and I are baching it while the cat's away and was thinking about taking in a show. Have to wait to see Batman/Superman upon her return.
                              I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane. I'd say 8/10. Not really a spoiler but
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                                I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane. I'd say 8/10. Not really a spoiler but
                                Spoiler!
                                Thanks for the input, Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X