X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    If anybody is wavering on whether or not the new Criterion bluray of Romero's Night of the Living Dead is worth the high price tag, I am here to say that it absolutely is. This will probably go down as the release of the year. Honestly, you probably don't even realize how bad the version was that you've seen until you see how this remastered edition looks. On top of the beautiful picture, the new sound is great as well. There probably isn't any need to go into the movie itself, but, in short, it still holds up. Such a great movie with in a version that it deserves. Grade: A+
    I agree. And it's interesting how good it looks but new movie releases sometimes look really crappy.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    If anybody is wavering on whether or not the new Criterion bluray of Romero's Night of the Living Dead is worth the high price tag, I am here to say that it absolutely is. This will probably go down as the release of the year. Honestly, you probably don't even realize how bad the version was that you've seen until you see how this remastered edition looks. On top of the beautiful picture, the new sound is great as well. There probably isn't any need to go into the movie itself, but, in short, it still holds up. Such a great movie with in a version that it deserves. Grade: A+

I also checked out Game Night. I'm not much of a comedy fan as it tends to skew towards the lowest common denominator, but I had really good time with one. I'm a fan of most of the cast--Rachel McAdams has always been a personal favorite, Kyle Chandler is always great (Friday Night Lights is still a perennial favorite in my house), and Jesse Plemons is so much fun--so that might have biased my opinion a bit. It isn't incredibly smart, but it is fun. Grade: B+

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    Isle of Dogs is my new favorite Wes Anderson film, loved it! (4/4)
    I enjoyed it, too. Great movie.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    FINALLY was able to check out A Quiet Place and I absolutely loved it. Yes, I found some parts to be rather predictable, but it was a tense ride throughout with some great jump scares and a whole lot of heart. It was a simple story told extremely well and I'm glad that it found both the critical and commercial success that it deserves. Of course that didn't stop The New Yorker from going way off the rails in their review. Talk about trying to stir up controversy where there isn't any.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    Isle of Dogs is my new favorite Wes Anderson film, loved it! (4/4)
    Wes Anderson runs hot and cold for me, but this looked great. I'm going to have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X