Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I don't think I've seen the original in almost 20 years. I need to watch it again and see if it holds up. Then I should probably watch 2049 again, to give it another day in court.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I was soooooo excited to see BLADE RUNNER 2049, and it bored the piss outta me. I found it to be interminably long, and ultimately pointless.
    That's kinda how I felt about the first one the first time I watched it.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I was soooooo excited to see BLADE RUNNER 2049, and it bored the piss outta me. I found it to be interminably long, and ultimately pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just saw Blade Runner 2049. Disappointed. The original is sprinkled with small meaningful moments that add up to a great film. The music, the effects, the acting, the cast, the story, all special. I'll watch Blade Runner again, I'm sure I'll never watch 2049 again.
    Huh interesting. Maybe it's because I never held Blade Runner to the high standard that so many people seem to, but I really enjoyed 2049. It's so rare that we get a Sci-fi movie like that, that I couldn't help but enjoy it. It certainly wasn't perfect, but the original wasn't either.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just saw Blade Runner 2049. Disappointed. The original is sprinkled with small meaningful moments that add up to a great film. The music, the effects, the acting, the cast, the story, all special. I'll watch Blade Runner again, I'm sure I'll never watch 2049 again.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Watched Avengers: Infinity War last night and, as expected, I liked it quite a bit. It's a Marvel movie and does it's Marvel movie thing. Since I have more than a passing familiarity to the source material, I expected the ending but thought it was handled well. Lots of people complaining about Black Panther not having much to do, but felt that he and his supporting cast were well-represented given that most of the heroes were not essential to moving the plot forward weren't given a whole lot to do beyond the fight scenes. Grade: B+

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    We watched Kenneth Branagh's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS last night. My wife exclaimed "Too many characters!", and promptly dozed off.
    I thought it was a beautiful-looking film. I'm a big Branagh fan, both as an actor and a director, so this was right up my alley. The scene where Poirot gathers all of the suspects together at the end was awesome. I thought the solution was a little silly, but it was probably the LEAST silly way that it could have been resolved. I liked how it set the table for a sequel, which I hope happens.
    That Mustache was an insult to Hercule Poirot LOL!! David Suchet's version is great, if you haven't seen it.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    We watched Kenneth Branagh's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS last night. My wife exclaimed "Too many characters!", and promptly dozed off.
    I thought it was a beautiful-looking film. I'm a big Branagh fan, both as an actor and a director, so this was right up my alley. The scene where Poirot gathers all of the suspects together at the end was awesome. I thought the solution was a little silly, but it was probably the LEAST silly way that it could have been resolved. I liked how it set the table for a sequel, which I hope happens.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This is a great movie. Sam Rockwell is a perennial favorite of mine. The same director did In Bruges and Seven Psycopaths. If you haven’t seen them, I highly recommend checking them out. There’s more comedy in both of these than Billboards but there’s a similar feel.
    Oh, cool! I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I watched THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI last night. Wow. What a great film. It's too soon to say for sure (I usually like to let a few years go by before laying out a statement like this...), but that may have been one of the best films I've ever seen.
    This is a great movie. Sam Rockwell is a perennial favorite of mine. The same director did In Bruges and Seven Psycopaths. If you haven’t seen them, I highly recommend checking them out. There’s more comedy in both of these than Billboards but there’s a similar feel.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I watched THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI last night. Wow. What a great film. It's too soon to say for sure (I usually like to let a few years go by before laying out a statement like this...), but that may have been one of the best films I've ever seen.
    I don't watch movies like I used to - I used to see two, maybe three, every weekend. We have this really cool independent theater that I also used to catch movies at multiple times a month. I stopped going because of the audiences and the fact most megaplex's don't care about the quality of the presentation. Out of focus screens, speakers that don't work, filthy theaters.

This was one I still want to see but haven't yet. I really want to though!

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I finally caught up on the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE flicks last night by watching ROGUE NATION. Probably the best of the bunch since the first one. I'm really eager to see the new one now.....

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I watched Zak Bagans' "Documentary" DEMON HOUSE last night on Amazon. I thought it was an overwrought, staged piece of shit, but it still had some creepy moments. Mainly because of the insinuation in the beginning of the film that you could end up getting a demon attached to you if you actually watch the film. That was enough to keep me semi-awake all night.

I've never seen Bagans' show, but he seems like a complete phony.
    Ghost Adventures pretty much sucks and everything just happens to take place just off screen. Dude is listed as an actor according to Google. Pretty bad one in my opinion. But, he's getting paid, so what do I know.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I watched Zak Bagans' "Documentary" DEMON HOUSE last night on Amazon. I thought it was an overwrought, staged piece of shit, but it still had some creepy moments. Mainly because of the insinuation in the beginning of the film that you could end up getting a demon attached to you if you actually watch the film. That was enough to keep me semi-awake all night.

I've never seen Bagans' show, but he seems like a complete phony.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X