Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Kung-Fu Panda 2: 4.5/5. Absolutely terrific. Even better when seen at a matinee with a bunch of kids who a cheered the heroics and booed the villian!
    Agreed!
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Unknown (2011 -Liam Neeson)
      This is one I want to see badly. Is it a sequel to Taken?

Comment

Last movie I saw in thearters was Green Lantern, which I thought was good given what it was. Origin stories are always slow and a bit boring. The last movie I actually saw was Battlefield LA which was actually really good.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          Last movie I saw in thearters was Green Lantern, which I thought was good given what it was. Origin stories are always slow and a bit boring. The last movie I actually saw was Battlefield LA which was actually really good.
          I've heard both are bad, but want to see both...especially the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
            I've heard both are bad, but want to see both...especially the latter.
            Green Latern is like all super hero movies (with the exception of The Dark Knight), you have to take them for what they are and not expect anything more of them. Just like transformers. I really enjoyed Battlefield LA, it wasn't as much of a alien invasion movie as it was a war movie. But then again I'm not super critical when it comes to movies.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I watched the latest X-Men movie and I thought it was a blast. I thought the female CIA agent was not a very good actor but the rest of the cast more then made up for it. I'm giving this 3.5/5 as there were a few cheesy scenes and some moments of over acting but overall this was something I would watch again.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                This is one I want to see badly. Is it a sequel to Taken?
                Nope not a sequel to Taken.

Speaking of Taken, I thought it was a great movie! 5/5 for me. The sequel should be coming soon, read somewhere that they were going to make one.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                  Speaking of Taken, I thought it was a great movie! 5/5 for me.
                  Agree there too.

Comment

Grace: 3/5. A couple years old and unreleased in theaters. An Indie that made its rounds of horror film fests. Concerns an expectant mother who decides to carry her stillborn child to term, only to give birth to a vampiric baby. Grotesque, horrific, and with a magnificent central performance by Jordan Ladd as the mother. Drags a bit here and there, but never boring. Definitely not for the squeamish... (especially during the breastfeeding scenes.)
                    Last edited by srboone; 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Have that zombie movie Fido on loan. Hopefully this will keep me awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                        Have that zombie movie Fido on loan. Hopefully this will keep me awake.
                        Tried watching that one a couple of times but somehow I couldn't get into it. Let us know how you liked it.

Comment

Yeah, it was suggested by a friend. She said I would really like it, but if I watch it with my wife she will hate it. Her theory is that Fido only works for one person in a relationship, and never both. I'm watching it in about an hour with my wife, so i'll let you know the outcome.

Comment

Just finished watching Fido. My wife and I both really enjoyed it. It was actually a very clever movie under the surface of it. Placing it in 1950s America was a genius stroke which added to that satirical edge. And what's not to like about... the outcast boy searching for a friend, the sexually repressed homemaker searching for a companion, the provider spineless husband, and the near perfect idealistic town as a backcloth to the tongue in cheek suburbia haven for zombie harmony - yes, perfect. Two things my wife did during the film was comment, "This is stupid", then let out a huge laugh. The second was sound genuinely upset when she assumed Tammy the erotic zombie girlfriend of one of the neighbours was shot in the head and would die.

Yes, wonderful film and right up both our street.

Going to sleep now.

4/5

Craig

Comment

I haven't been to the theater to watch a movie since The Dark Knight (5/5 by the way). And I haven't even been keeping up w/ new releases on DVD. The newest movie I've seen is Toy Story 3 which we watched this weekend. And that was also a 5/5. I'd heard that just about everyone got to crying at the end, but I can be a pretty tough nut. And I had my youngun on my lap, so...

I'm really surprised he didn't ask me why I was crying.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

This isn't a movie I've recently seen (I saw it about 4 months ago), but it's one of the best new movies I've seen this year:

Source Code:4.5/5. It's smart, mysterious and completely engrossing. It helps that it has a great story to tell. Marked down 1/2 point because when it has a chance to explain the technology it uses, it balks, but I don't know that anybody could explain it fully, so the 4.5 may actually be a 5.

Every year, there's at least one early-year release that if it had garnered big-name attention, it would have been an over-produced "dummertime" blockbuster. If it had starred someone other that Jake Gyllenhall and Michele Moynahan, it might have been one of those. Good thing it didn't. Check this one out if you haven't seen it.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X