Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    This isn't a movie I've recently seen (I saw it about 4 months ago), but it's one of the best new movies I've seen this year:

Source Code:4.5/5. It's smart, mysterious and completely engrossing. It helps that it has a great story to tell. Marked down 1/2 point because when it has a chance to explain the technology it uses, it balks, but I don't know that anybody could explain it fully, so the 4.5 may actually be a 5.
    I've seen the trailer and I definitely want to see it.

sk

Comment

Battle of LA...Snore!!! Really disappointed.

Comment

Kung Fu Panda 2: my wife and I walked out of it. And I wanted to like it, as Kung Fu Panda is, IMO, easily the best animated film Dreamworks has done. But the sequel was just boring with no character development at all. We stuck with it for an hour before we both decided we'd taken all we could. 0/5

X-Men: First Class: The best movie I've seen this summer. Not perfect, but a whole lot of fun. 4.5/5

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Boring, but I stayed for the whole thing and enjoyed parts of it. 3/5

Cars 2: Way too much Mater; it started out slow, but by the end, was enjoyable enough. 3/5

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Battle of LA...Snore!!! Really disappointed.
          And I was really looking forwards to seeing this one.
          Oh well, maybe I'll get it on BD.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            And I was really looking forwards to seeing this one.
            Oh well, maybe I'll get it on BD.

sk
            I thought it was good.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

See again i have heard split reviews of Battle LA, though i think i will like it being a red blooded male and all

I watched 'The Mask' last night for the 1st time in years, it was great because i had forgotten most of what was going to happen!

Comment

i'm sensing a trend, craig, ole buddy...
                lol
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Watched "Life as We Know it" last night. I think this would go in the chick flick category, but being a father and having gone through some of this, there was a lot I really enjoyed. I thought the storyline was brilliant and dramatic. Really enjoyed it. 5/5

Also, "Hereafter" had some incredible filmography. The story was a little weak for me, but interesting. Overall a very good tale. 4/5

Comment

Luckily there have been some good selections recently on cable and I've been able to catch up with some older movies I never saw before. I'll just give a broad stroke of 4 out of 5 for the lot because they were all highly enjoyable in one way or another.

Planet of the Apes, 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Princess Bride

and one recent movie, I Saw the Devil. also 4 out of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
                      The Princess Bride
                      One of my all time favorites.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Princess Bride is in my all time top 5. (As you can probably tell by my signature.) In another year or so I'll be able to share it with the youngun. Can't wait.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Spoiler!
                          was a brilliant turn :P

Comment

Horrible Bosses: 4/5. Funny, raunchy, with some truly horrible employers and some genuinely likeable employees. Not recommended for the easily offended or politically correct crowds.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Horrible Bosses: 4/5. Funny, raunchy, with some truly horrible employers and some genuinely likeable employees. Not recommended for the easily offended or politically correct crowds.
                              Ooh, I want to see that one. Saw the trailer at work a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Funny flick. Think Office Space, only raunchier (and I think funnier).
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X