No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just reviewed his film history and didn't realize how many bad movies he has been in.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’d say LOOPER from 2012. Or RED in 2010. Those are my last two favorite Willis movies, not counting GLASS, which I liked quite a bit.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Looper was definitely good. These are both sequels, but Red 2 wasn't bad and neither was Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. Those came out in 2013 and 2014.
      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Looper was definitely good. These are both sequels, but Red 2 wasn't bad and neither was Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. Those came out in 2013 and 2014.
        I agree that neither are bad, but neither knocked my socks off. Now I know it’s fashionable to poo-poo on the first SIN CITY, but I still think that movie is great, especially as a translation of Frank Miller’a comic. The first RED is so much fun, plain and simple.

I might need to revisit RED 2. It’s been a while.
        Last edited by Sock Monkey; 06-23-2020, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I agree that neither are bad, but neither knocked my socks off. Now I know it’s fashionable to poo-poo on the first SIN CITY, but I still think that movie is great, especially as a translation of Frank Miller’a comic. The first RED is so much fun, plain and simple.

I might need to revisit RED 2. It’s been a while.
          It wasn't bad. Just not as good as the first one.
          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I started in on Sock Monkey's Shudder recommendations last night, and watched TERRIFIED. I'm not quite sure that I understood exactly what was going on, but there sure was enough creepy imagery to make it worth watching. Really well-done stuff. We also watched KNIVES OUT the other night, and while I did really enjoy it, I was expecting more of a whodunnit. In the end, it almost didn't matter who did it,
            Spoiler!
            Great cast and great acting saved this one.
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
              I started in on Sock Monkey's Shudder recommendations last night, and watched TERRIFIED. I'm not quite sure that I understood exactly what was going on, but there sure was enough creepy imagery to make it worth watching. Really well-done stuff. We also watched KNIVES OUT the other night, and while I did really enjoy it, I was expecting more of a whodunnit. In the end, it almost didn't matter who did it,
              Spoiler!
              Great cast and great acting saved this one.
              Glad you found something to enjoy in TERRIFIED. I agree that the narrative thread in the movie isn’t as strong as I’d like, but the set pieces are so solid that I can overlook it a little. A second viewing helped clarify a couple of plot points and it was easier to connect characters.

i was on the same train with KNIVES OUT. I was expecting a classic whodunit. It was quite a bit of fun, though. Ana de Armas did a great job. I really liked her in BLADE RUNNER 2049 as well.

Comment

Working...
              X