Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Wave (1977)

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (2004)
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
      Great choice. Another one that I think I can watch an awful lot is Independence Day. It's just a classic. Also the first Men in Black and Wild Wild West.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

You know, having grown up in the Chicago area, and without a single White Castle around this area of PA, I can understand the plight of that movie very well.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
          You know, having grown up in the Chicago area, and without a single White Castle around this area of PA, I can understand the plight of that movie very well.
          I know it's kinda depressing isn't it?
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Totally! I still order Portillos through the mail LOL. I would ride a cheetah to get to one of those for sure.

Comment

Very difficult to find on DVD, as it must be rare. Its funny as heck if you are a fan of Ozzy. This isn't the whole thing. I'll try to dig up the intro because it is very funny, but I can watch this very short movie over and over and over...

Last edited by ozmosis7; 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Here is the intro...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Dude, it's only about a 3hr drive from Baltimore. Get a few friends and make a mini road trip out of it. It's way worth it. They have sacks of chicken rings.

Comment

Better yet, get a cheetah.

Comment

Little Shop of Horrors (musical version)
                      Night of the Creeps
                      Monster Squad
                      Some Like It Hot
                      While You Were Sleeping
                      Revenge of the Nerds
                      And many more

Comment

Halloween 1 & 2
                        Blade Runner
                        This Island Earth
                        The Thing
                        Forbidden Planet
                        The Horror of Dracula
                        The Fog
                        The Devil Wears Prada
                        Untouchables
                        Sunshine

There's more...
                        http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

1. The original Halloween from 1978: Not only is it a seasonal staple, but it's my favorite movie of all time. John Carpenter was a genious filmmaker then, and he still is today.

2A. The entire Scream series: Though the surprise endings happen only once, the pure thrills and entertainment value of these movies never get old. And, let's face it, when the first in the franchise was released in 1996, Wes Craven blew some fetid breath back into the horror genre as a whole.

2B. The first three Friday the 13th films: Okay, so by now you know how base my tastes are when it comes to movie viewing. However, these three early 1980s entries represent stalk-n-slash at its finest. Sure, the acting isn't necessarily Oscar-worthy and the plotlines are cheesy, but that's what makes these films so great! And the rural/summer camp settings are perfect for this kind of horror film, and they fill me with nostalgia for the decade when horror was king both in print and on the big screen.
                          "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

No need to apologize for liking the F13th sereis. I'm a big fan of the first two myself, tho I love the eyeballs-on-a-stick 3d effect in part 3! (ah, the 80s...) I think no.5 is the best of the series, but definitely not my favorite. And you can't go wrong with John Carpenter.

As for Scream, well, it's definitely a classic. A director's cut of the film was released on laserdisc back in the 90's--the version that was submitted to the ratings board. It received an NC-17 and of course it was then cut to get an R. The board told the studio it didn't want the film cut, they wanted to release it NC-17 because it showed the potential of the NC-17 rating. But, 90 non-consecutive seconds were cut (the longest cut was just over 3 seconds in length) and voila, an R-rated version.

As far as I know the director's cut has never been released in any other format.* But you know you're watching the director's cut when the tracking shot of Drew Barrymore's garrotted body is slow and smooth, not herky-jerky. The result is a movie-going expereince that is so intense in atmosphere, you don't have any time to recover form the previous shock or laugh before the next one comes along, much like the director's cut of Natural Born Killers.

That version is one of the best horror movies ever made. If it ever comes out on Blu-ray, I'm there. Wes Craven's commentary to that film is just as intense as the movie.

*The version was put out on Reg. 2 DVD sans commentary.
                            Last edited by srboone; 08-09-2011, 07:06 PM. Reason: added *
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              As for Scream, well, it's definitely a classic. A director's cut of the film was released on laserdisc back in the 90's--the version that was submitted to the ratings board.
                              I was lucky enough to have a friend with a laserdisc player in the 90s, and we watched the director's cut of Scream once with the commentary and once without. I'm with you about buying this version of the film if it's ever released again in any format because, wow, what an experience that was! Thank you for helping me to remember it!!
                              "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

My LD player is one of those toys I was never able to give up. I have too many editions that were never put out again: The original theatrical versions of the first 3 Star Wars, director's cut of Scream, and the Cinerama version of 2001(three different aspect ratios: 2:1, 2.4:1, and 3:1).
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X