Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Some movies I can just watch over and over again, without ever tiring of it.
    At the very top would be 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's a perfect combination of visuals and audio. I'm sure Strauss wrote his Blue Danube especially for Kubrick's masterpiece.

sk

I can watch 2001 over and over again also; it's my favorite. But I'm gonna go in a different direction.

I consider this film a guilty pleasure, not one of my favorites.

I can watch In the Mouth of Madness over and over and over again. And I have. When ever I can't decide what movie to watch, I can reliably throw this one into the DVD player and be entertained for 90 minutes. I think it's Carpenter's best film. Alot of his famous techniques (such as waking up from a dream only to find out you're still in one) are done best here. And I love the ending. I can't hink of a better way to end a Lovecraft-inspired story. Even though he doesn't credit Lovecraft anywhere .
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yes, 2001 is a masterpiece and one of the best movies ever made, but I really need to be in the mood to sit and watch it all the way through. The movies I'll watch over and over tend to be comedies. Some on the top of that list are Airplane, Monty Python's movies, especially Holy Grail, The Princess Bride, Blazing Saddles. Some action movies, too. Die Hard, Batman, Sin City, and The Dark Knight. I guess for horror movies, the ones I've watched the most are Halloween and The Exorcist. Oh, and since my 4 year old just discovered them, I've watched the Star Wars films a lot lately.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I can watch both The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons over and over again. Funny, since I could barely stomach a singular reading of the corresponding novels.

I would also add the Spider-Man trilogy. It's a fun series that doesn't get old.
        "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
          To be perfectly honest, I can watch both The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons over and over again. Funny, since I could barely stomach a singular reading of the corresponding novels.
          Have not watched Angels and Demons, but watched The Da Vinci Code and wish I'd watched it before I read the book as the movie wasn't good about keeping with the book. The 2 lead roles were not cast well and they changed several things to be more politically correct. Tom Hanks is a great actor, but he really isn't who I would have had in that role. That and he really didn't seem to have any chemistry with the female lead. Eventually I will probably watch Angels and Demons since that was the better of the 2 books, but I don't expect much from it. When I walked out I did comment that I probably would have liked that movie a lot more if I hadn't read the book
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

The 2 lead roles were not cast well
            That's the funny thing about preferences, the primary reason I enjoyed the film was because of Tom Hanks's performance. He almost seemed to glorify the occupation of a college professor, and since that is a primary goal of mine, watching him play such a character really appealed to me.
            "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

I can watch 27 dresses over and over. Especially the Bennie and the Jets part....I love that part. That movie literally makes me laugh out loud and smile the whole time. It is my happy movie. Also, any M. Night Shyamalan movie; I can watch those anytime.

Comment

Stripes
                Caddyshack
                Blazing Saddles
                Braveheart
                Gladiator
                LOTR trilogy
                The Dark Knight
                Patriot Games

Comment

Dazed & Confused
                  The Crow
                  The Mist (b&w)
                  Ace Ventura
                  Dracula 2000
                  Horror of Dracula
                  The Wolfman (original)
                  any Cheech & Chong
                  The Salton Sea
                  original Star Wars trilogy
                  Fanboys
                  Point Break
                  Fast & Furious (any)
                  Ernest Scared Stupid
                  True Romance

Comment

Yes, original Star Wars trilogy makes my list.

When I need to laugh, it's Meet the Parents. Ben Stiller kills me.

I also love The Prestige, Eyes Wide Shut, and The Family Man with Nic Cage.

Comment

I also can watch: Seven Samurai, The Wild Bunch, Vertigo, and Mary Poppins over and over again. (movies 2 - 5 on my faves list)

But another guilty pleasure I can watch over and over again: Grease 2. With songs so entertainingly putrid (except for the first number--too good for the movie); acting so embarassingly horrid (except for Lorna Luft--have to have someone to feel badly for); and a young Michelle Pfieffer in tight black jeans, grinding on a step ladder and singing off-key, what's not to love. My favorite bad movie of all time!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I like to watch Tombstone, any Hitchcock film, the Indiana Jones movies, Star Wars, The Exorcist (which is the scariest for me) and Unforgiven, Legends of the Fall, to name a few.

Comment

'Up' is just a great film for me, a real feel good production and very funny in parts too!

Comment

Some great choices here - and some not so great...

I think I should add Funny Girl to my list. This movie introduced me to one of the best American entertainers ever - who, after many decades, is still going strong.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Some great choices here - and some not so great...
                              sk
                              Com'on Siep, surely you have one or two guilty pleasures in movies. 'Fess up!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X