No announcement yet.

General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI. I believe there are at least a few more Corben short series, other than what I listed, on Netflix as well. The Innocent put my wife off so much we will likely not be watching them.

Doc Martin really is a great show. We have re-watched 2 or 3 times and come away with something a little different each time. Have you watched the Doc Martin movies? I think there were two of them and both are watchable. Fairly certain we watched them both on Acorn 2-3 years ago.

Reggie Perrin is a "zany" show but if you give it a few episodes it may grow on you. There is actually a little bit of story hiding in it's oddness.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I was unaware that Netflix had Harlen Coben stories to watch. I may have to check them out. I enjoy reading Corben, I consider his stories easy reading mystery. I am always looking for things that match your description but I will go as long as 45 minutes.

Doc Martin fits your description perfectly. I recently completed watching the entire series again for at least the fifth time. I also read that they finally have filmed Series 10 so I am hopeful it will air later this year. I am also saddened that it will be the last series. I think I have mentioned before that I pay $5 a month for Acorn just to be able to watch Doc Martin anytime I want. I believe they have Reggie Perrin available, I may have to check it out, Thanks!
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      FYI. I believe there are at least a few more Corben short series, other than what I listed, on Netflix as well. The Innocent put my wife off so much we will likely not be watching them.

Doc Martin really is a great show. We have re-watched 2 or 3 times and come away with something a little different each time. Have you watched the Doc Martin movies? I think there were two of them and both are watchable. Fairly certain we watched them both on Acorn 2-3 years ago.

Reggie Perrin is a "zany" show but if you give it a few episodes it may grow on you. There is actually a little bit of story hiding in it's oddness.

I have never tried to watch either of the Doc Martin movies. I went back and watched Saving Grace which introduced the character in a small roll. The Doc Martin in that was so different from the person on the TV show that I did not like it, although the movie as a whole is good. That may be why I have avoided the movies. The TV show is something that I cannot see myself ever tiring of. It is brilliant on so many levels and I love all the characters. British "zany" is right up my ally so I will definitely give Reggie Perrin a try.

Comment

If I remember the movies correctly there is one of the two which did not resemble the Doc Martin we love. However it was interesting and worth the watch.

I have never tried to watch either of the Doc Martin movies. I went back and watched Saving Grace which introduced the character in a small roll. The Doc Martin in that was so different from the person on the TV show that I did not like it, although the movie as a whole is good. That may be why I have avoided the movies. The TV show is something that I cannot see myself ever tiring of. It is brilliant on so many levels and I love all the characters. British "zany" is right up my ally so I will definitely give Reggie Perrin a try.

Comment

The Coben series on Netflix are soooo bad they are unwatchable.

Comment

Compared to the book(s) or in general? The one's I watched I thought were pretty good and I have not read the books. Some plot holes and confusing character choices but kept me engaged.

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
            The Coben series on Netflix are soooo bad they are unwatchable.

Comment

Perhaps it's in the What Have You Been Watching thread - but have any of you checked out Netflix's anthology Love Death + Robots?

Animated versions of a ton of short stories - some from authors you may have heard of - such as John Scalzi, Joe Hill, Alistair Reynolds, Joe Lansdale, Ken Liu, and Marko Kloos. Those are just the ones I recognized (that I remember now,)

The first season was SOLID. The second less so. But the third was very well done done. Some disturbing content, but all excellent.

Not something for children though - remember, animation is a medium, not a genre.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                Perhaps it's in the What Have You Been Watching thread - but have any of you checked out Netflix's anthology Love Death + Robots?

Animated versions of a ton of short stories - some from authors you may have heard of - such as John Scalzi, Joe Hill, Alistair Reynolds, Joe Lansdale, Ken Liu, and Marko Kloos. Those are just the ones I recognized (that I remember now,)

The first season was SOLID. The second less so. But the third was very well done done. Some disturbing content, but all excellent.

Not something for children though - remember, animation is a medium, not a genre.
                Scalzi has promoted this in Twitter extensively. I was not aware of any of Joe Hill's work being included. What hill stories are covered?

Comment

Scalzi has promoted this in Twitter extensively. I was not aware of any of Joe Hill's work being included. What hill stories are covered?
                  No Joe Hill because I'm an idiot. The third season had the Lansdale story The Tall Grass, and try as I might, I can't separate this one from the King/Hill In The Tall Grass even though I know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

No Joe Hill because I'm an idiot. The third season had the Lansdale story The Tall Grass, and try as I might, I can't separate this one from the King/Hill In The Tall Grass even though I know the difference.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Watched season 1 and 2 of The Sinner over the last month or so. Started season 3 this week. I'm not digging 3 so much but thought S2 was very strong.

Comment

Alice in Borderland. It was a surprise find for me. I thought it was going to be a rehash of Squid Games however it really developed.

Comment

Netflix is currently one of the most used TV viewing applications in the world, probably because they are well optimized and have many choices for you.

Comment

At Modilimitado APK this version or Netflix is the perfect choice

Comment

Started watching 3 Body Problem. I like but I'm not sure what to think of it yet. I've watched episodes 1 and 2 and think it has good acting and an interesting premise so far. Hopefully the writer(s) can carry this through to the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X