What Have You Been Recently Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Yeah, I might be concerned too. But I'll give it a chance since I enjoyed the first season so much, and Selena Gomez is cute.
    I really hope my concerns are unwarranted.

Comment

Has anybody else watched the Old Man on FX/Hulu? Based on a book by Thomas Perry, I really liked the book and I'm enjoying the series, so far. I'm also watching Dark Winds, based on a Tony Hillerman Book...Be advised, there is a witch involved and of course, the series skews from the book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Old_Man_(TV_series)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15017118/

Comment

Now, as a free man, I can watch any survival horror, zombies, and even violent shows. While I still enjoy lighter stuff these are the things I would have to sneak in when the wifey was away. Any suggestions? Likely may have watched a number of things but I'm certain I've missed something.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Likely tonight will be A Quiet Place II since it's on Amazon and Prime is my wife' account. Need to knock Amazon stuff off the list. I'm not paying for Prime for myself. Just don't buy much besides food and books.

Comment

I'm 27 minutes into E1 of Moonhaven and find it to be boring, flat, and kind of like watching paint dry. I can't imagine I will make it through episode one.

Edit: Made it through episode one and still not likely to continue on with this. The ending of the episode has a big and exciting scene that still fell flat for me as the prior 35-40 minutes failed to provide me any connection to any of the characters.
            Last edited by Ben Staad; 08-19-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Watched Keep Breathing on Netflix. It wasn’t worth the watch in my opinion. Way to many flashbacks and a mountain of inner thought delusions as the character attempts to find themself as they were trying to be found.

The last two episodes I ended up fast forwarding through much of those moments.

The ending was lame and ineffectual and failed to provide any type of satisfaction.

Throughout the short series the lead kept making very poor choices, seemed obsessed with screaming f you or f this, and at one point threw floss out of her pack because it was to heavy. Floss. Heavy. Let that sink in.

Comment

I'm just about through the entire run of Rectify. What a fantastic dialogue driven show. I'm very glad I stumbled across this gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  I'm just about through the entire run of Rectify. What a fantastic dialogue driven show. I'm very glad I stumbled across this gem.
                  I remember really liking the first season of Rectify. I can't remember how far I got in the series--maybe the second or third season?--but I don't think I ever finished it for some reason.

Comment

You need to rectify this immediately.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I remember really liking the first season of Rectify. I can't remember how far I got in the series--maybe the second or third season?--but I don't think I ever finished it for some reason.

Comment

On this Full Moon evening, watching a blast from the past "American Werewolf in London". October is so much fun.
                      I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

I have that on VHS and DVD and hadn't watched it in over a decade. I should fix that ASAP.

Last night I watched The Fog. Hadn't seen this one in decades and enjoyed it well enough. Cheesy but just enough to it to keep me watching to the very end.

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                        On this Full Moon evening, watching a blast from the past "American Werewolf in London". October is so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I have that on VHS and DVD and hadn't watched it in over a decade. I should fix that ASAP.

Last night I watched The Fog. Hadn't seen this one in decades and enjoyed it well enough. Cheesy but just enough to it to keep me watching to the very end.

Great minds think alike! They were showing THE FOG on AXS last night, and I watched the end in bed. I never get tired of that film. Carpenter was great back in the day....
                          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

That is where I watched it. Just stumbled across it right before it came on. Forgot all about this movie so I was glad to catch it.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

Great minds think alike! They were showing THE FOG on AXS last night, and I watched the end in bed. I never get tired of that film. Carpenter was great back in the day....

Comment

I've torn through a number of foreign shows lately.

Watching a bit of a Finnish show called Bordertown. It's just good enough for me to use it as a filler show between other things I'm watching.

Watched the entirety of a Dutch show called Chestnut Man. Very good show although I had a semblance of this thing figured out early on. I didn't guess the whole thing and it didn't detract for the viewing at all. I did find two annoying occurrences in the show but overall it was enjoyable.

Watching an odd and juvenile Australian comedy called Superbro. There is something charming in the stupidity of this one. Not exactly sure why I like this one but I do.

Finally I started watching a German show called Kleo. I watched this specifically because it received a blurb from SK. It's pretty good so far but not much drama or intrigue. Kind of a dark humor thriller I guess?

Anyway looking at the above it seems I'm watching way to much TV.

Comment

Watched a movie called The Wonder. This was a period piece about a young girl who supposedly did not need to eat. The village contracted two nurses to watch over her to confirm that she was indeed a miracle.

Interesting movie with a slow thoughtful pace. Worked for me on many levels. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X