No announcement yet.

What Have You Been Recently Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds awesome...LOL. Thanks for the heads up.

Try out Session 9. Disturbing film.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Just watched Malevolent on Netflix last night. It was a profoundly stupid movie with some of the worst acting I've seen in a loooong time. Almost every actor in this mess should never work on screen again. The story it was based on might have been interesting but nothing good remained after 90 minutes of stupidity.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Try out Session 9. Disturbing film.

Preach, brother, preach.

Comment

Easy and light comedy/drama. Just finished up the final season of the Detectorists. Found it on ROKU.

For someone who likes nature, a nice score, and light drama this would be a great fit. I just love these types of shows. Short and a perfect way to unwind from the day.

Comment

I saw an ad on Instagram a few weeks ago, and for some reason I watched the whole thing. It was a for a show on Hulu called Reservation Dogs, produced by Taika Waititi and it looked interesting.

We watched the first episode and I thought it was pretty good but wasn't sure my wife liked it. Well, she loved it. The third episode premiered this past Monday and it's so good.

We've also been watching the latest seasons of Making It and Lego Masters. While I'm not generally a fan of anything in the reality TV sphere, these two shows are a lot of fun.

Comment

Back to the Ray Bradbury Theater. Some real gems.Simple but very poignant messages in both.

The Happiness Machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAna_ZvptU

By the Numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rC7VAnH4c

Comment

I watched "Free guy" recently. It's a funny movie.

Comment

Never heard of it before today and just looked it up. Not much of a fan of the lead actor but you never know!

Originally posted by arthyols View Post
                I watched "Free guy" recently. It's a funny movie.

Comment

Never heard of it before today and just looked it up. Not much of a fan of the lead actor but you never know!

It's a comedy, so if you want to laugh, you should watch it

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    I saw an ad on Instagram a few weeks ago, and for some reason I watched the whole thing. It was a for a show on Hulu called Reservation Dogs, produced by Taika Waititi and it looked interesting.

We watched the first episode and I thought it was pretty good but wasn't sure my wife liked it. Well, she loved it. The third episode premiered this past Monday and it's so good.

We've also been watching the latest seasons of Making It and Lego Masters. While I'm not generally a fan of anything in the reality TV sphere, these two shows are a lot of fun.
                    Been watching both of these as well. Reservation Dogs is one of the best shows I’ve seen over the past few years.

Comment

Just like many folks I have been watching Squid Games on Netflix. As I have gotten older these types of shows hold my attention a little less. It's graphically violent, mildly intriguing, far fetched, and drags with the main story arc and character development. I have watched five episodes and honestly could just move on. It's not that the show is bad it's just doesn't make me want and need to watch it until the end. I'm sure I will watch this to the end but it never fully grabbed me.

I honestly believe I am slowly turning into someone who is put off by anti-heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

it took me a bit to get into it, but I wound up really liking Reservation Dogs.

Comment

Just like many folks I have been watching Squid Games on Netflix. As I have gotten older these types of shows hold my attention a little less. It's graphically violent, mildly intriguing, far fetched, and drags with the main story arc and character development. I have watched five episodes and honestly could just move on. It's not that the show is bad it's just doesn't make me want and need to watch it until the end. I'm sure I will watch this to the end but it never fully grabbed me.

I honestly believe I am slowly turning into someone who is put off by anti-heroes.
                          Squid Game is on my To Be Watched list. We were supposed to start watching it last night, but was pretty tired so we turned to some comfort food and began rewatching Friday Night Lights, which my wife and I both love.

As for anti-heroes, I really think that it depends on the writing. Good writing makes an anti-hero compelling and complex as in BREAKING BAD. Poor writing, on the other hand, winds up making you follow a character who’s just a jerk and leaves me cold.

Comment

Breaking Bad set the bar very high. That is a series I have watched three times now and on each watch I take something different away from it.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

As for anti-heroes, I really think that it depends on the writing. Good writing makes an anti-hero compelling and complex as in BREAKING BAD. Poor writing, on the other hand, winds up making you follow a character who’s just a jerk and leaves me cold.

Comment

Breaking Bad set the bar very high. That is a series I have watched three times now and on each watch I take something different away from it.

Breaking Bad is simply brilliant in every way!

Comment

I have been hearing the name of this tv show (Squid Games) pop-up a lot lately. While I know next to nothing about the show or its' premise, from the few stills that I have seen and from the little bit that I've heard about it from coworkers, it sounds an awful lot like a tv version of the Japanese movie "Battle Royale". Anyone know if I am correct about that?

Comment

Working...
                                X