No announcement yet.

What Have You Been Recently Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If folks like Band of Brothers they will almost certainly enjoy The Pacific. I didn't like it as much as BoB's but I thought is was really well done.

WandaVision is probably a pass as we have suffered superhero burnout. However, based on the commercials, this looks like a little different type of show.

Ozark we didn't care for much. Seemed like a lot of anti-heroes and I think me and my wife have really been wanting light and fun these days.

To be honest though we typically have the television on for maybe two hours per day. So we will never watch everything we want to.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    With the pandemic, we had plans to watch so much stuff, but it just seems like I got media overdose and can barely watch anything.

However, some of things we are watching currently:

WandaVision (FANTASTIC if you enjoy and know the Marvel movies)
    Ozark (we binged the hell out of this one on Netflix)
    The Pacific (pseudo sequel to Band of Brothers)

Since my wife has been watching Elementary (Americanized modern take on Sherlock) since she never finished the series, we are revisiting the BBC's take - Sherlock - since I realized this was another show we never finished.

There are so many shows I want to watch, but it seems like there just hasn't been time, even though we have nothing but time on our hands lately.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Anti-heroes . . .

Back in a previous life, I loved FX's The Shield, but I never finished the series. To my right are boxes of DVDs for all of the seasons. We had planned on watching it last summer, but with all of the (deserved!) negative attention to the police forces around the country, I just felt dirty "enjoying" a show about corrupt cops.

And you're right Ben Staad - The Pacific was enjoyable and very well done, I just didn't enjoy it as much as Band of Brothers.

My 4k copy of Saving Private Ryan (how many times have I purchased this movie? Not as many times as Star Wars, but damn it must be close . . .) maybe that'll be tonight's movie.

Comment

Confession: I have watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, The Pacific but I have never watched Band of Brothers.

Comment

My recommendation is that you give it a go if you like WWII history. I think it's a powerful show.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Confession: I have watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, The Pacific but I have never watched Band of Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            My recommendation is that you give it a go if you like WWII history. I think it's a powerful show.

Definitely plan to watch it someday.

Comment

My family and I have been loving WANDAVISION, and we're doing a Studio Ghibli movie every week on HBO Max, which three out of four of us are enjoying. (MY wife is not a fan...)
              Has anyone else been watching any of the same-day-as-theartrical-release movies on HBO Max? I've found them very underwhelming, for the most part. WONDER WOMAN 1984, THE LITTLE THINGS, and TOM & JERRY were meh, pointless, and put-me-to-sleep, respecyively. I was starting to wonder if I was incapable of enjoying a new movie at home because I miss the theatrical experience, but then I watched JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH the other night, and my faith in new films was restored. An amazing, powerful, gripping film that is sure to win some Oscars. REALLY looking forward to GODZILLA vs. KONG in a few weeks.
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                My family and I have been loving WANDAVISION, and we're doing a Studio Ghibli movie every week on HBO Max, which three out of four of us are enjoying. (MY wife is not a fan...)
                Has anyone else been watching any of the same-day-as-theartrical-release movies on HBO Max? I've found them very underwhelming, for the most part. WONDER WOMAN 1984, THE LITTLE THINGS, and TOM & JERRY were meh, pointless, and put-me-to-sleep, respecyively. I was starting to wonder if I was incapable of enjoying a new movie at home because I miss the theatrical experience, but then I watched JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH the other night, and my faith in new films was restored. An amazing, powerful, gripping film that is sure to win some Oscars. REALLY looking forward to GODZILLA vs. KONG in a few weeks.
                That first sentence is a lot like what we're doing. WandaVision every week and a Ghibli or two every week. WandaVision is spectacular, can't wait for the finale this week. We've watched 6 Ghibli movies now Proco Rosso, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, KiKi's Delivery Service, Whisper of the Heart, and the new one Earwig and the Witch. Porco, Totoro, Spirited Away, and Kiki are all fantastic. Whisper of the Heart was pretty dull and I wish I could get the 1hour and 22 min of my life back from watching Earwig and the Witch.

I had fun with Wonder Woman 84 and my wife loved it. I haven't heard good things about either Little Things or Tom & Jerry, but have heard great things about Judas and the Black Messiah.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

EARWIG was an odd film. My oldest is going to be an animator, and was devastated that the film wasn't hand-drawn. My wife and kids enjoyed the film, and I guess I kinda-sorta did, as well, but it seemed more like the first third of a movie than a whole film. When it ended I was like "Wait, wha..? That's IT...?"

Comment

We watched the WANDAVISION finale last night, and then we hopped over to Amazon to watch COMING 2 AMERICA, which was meh. I chuckled a few times, but no real laughs. Oddly enough, Wesley Snipes was the comedic standout. Put this man in more comedies! I was smiling every time he came on on screen.

Comment

I really like WANDAVISION. I wasn’t sold on the Wanda & Vision relationship from the movies and felt that neither were given a whole lot of time to develop. I pretty much had to coast on my comic book knowledge to bridge the gap. I felt that WANDAVISION rectified that, along with showcasing just how good Olsen and Bettany are in their roles. And White Vision! Wasn’t expecting that but should have seen it coming.

WONDER WOMAN 1984 on the other hand was one of the worst superhero movies I’ve seen in a long time. I think everyone was great in their roles but the plot is a mess with the rules of Maxwell Lord’s powers being all over the place. And I wanted to scream at the screen whenever they kept calling the stone or whatever “the monkey’s paw” and how it takes whatever is most dear from you. Yep, not how the monkey’s paw works, folks. Stinking WISHMASTER did this better... So not my favorite, by far.

Comment

Been re-watching episodes of The Ray Bradbury Theater. Currently watching S3E2 titled "A Miracle of Rare Devices". Really touching story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Been re-watching episodes of The Ray Bradbury Theater. Currently watching S3E2 titled "A Miracle of Rare Devices". Really touching story.
                          I missed out on Ray Bradbury Theater when it originally aired. Always bummed me out a little.

Comment

Me too. It originally aired on HBO and then USA. Neither of which I had at the time of airing. Heck I didn't have cable until 1991 or 1992. Not sure USA was even an option.

They are currently playing on a over the air channels called Comet TV and a free streaming channel called Dust. Of course both options include commercials.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I missed out on Ray Bradbury Theater when it originally aired. Always bummed me out a little.

Comment

Condor Season One on Epix. Based on the Book Six Days of the Condor by James Brady and the 1975 Robert Redford Movie Three Days of the Condor. I liked it a lot. They were pretty merciless as for as eliminating characters went. Looking forward to season two.

Comment

Just watched Malevolent on Netflix last night. It was a profoundly stupid movie with some of the worst acting I've seen in a loooong time. Almost every actor in this mess should never work on screen again. The story it was based on might have been interesting but nothing good remained after 90 minutes of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X