What Have You Been Recently Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Have You Been Recently Watching

Seems like there is something like this around here already but I couldn't find it.

So what is everyone currently watching?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Started watching After Life starring Ricky Gervais (sp?). I'm really enjoying it so far and hope it doesn't get to dark.

Comment

After Life is a fantastic show Ben. I have not heard of anyone who didn't think so.

We are watching The Outsider at the moment. It's better than I expected. I am not a big fan of SK movies/tv shows - there are a few exceptions - but this one works for me. I was really looking forward to The Stand, but it was such a disappointment.

Prior to The Outsider, we watched:
      The Right Stuff TV (a bit soapy but being a big space nerd ti was worth it)
      8 Days - German armageddon series - very good.
      Fargo series 4 - also very good.

Comment

I will look out for 8 Days. I typically like these types of show very much.

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
        After Life is a fantastic show Ben. I have not heard of anyone who didn't think so.

We are watching The Outsider at the moment. It's better than I expected. I am not a big fan of SK movies/tv shows - there are a few exceptions - but this one works for me. I was really looking forward to The Stand, but it was such a disappointment.

Prior to The Outsider, we watched:
        The Right Stuff TV (a bit soapy but being a big space nerd ti was worth it)
        8 Days - German armageddon series - very good.
        Fargo series 4 - also very good.

Comment

Not sure if this counts but I've recently re-discovered my love for music videos on MTV Block Party. Just spent the last 15 minutes or so watching Motley Crue videos. Before that was John Cougar Mellencamp. Boy I really miss those days.

Comment

Wrapped up After Life and can't wait for another season of this. If you haven't watched this you are missing out on something special.

Just started Last Tango in Halifax and really like episode 1. We will see how this one goes as I feel it could get a little over the top with personalities.

We are also watching, in small bits, Toast of London. It's a funny enough show but a bit more erratic and nonsensical than I really like. Love his voice over work though!
            Last edited by Ben Staad; 02-26-2021, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Wrapped up After Life and can't wait for another season of this. If you haven't watched this you are missing out on something special.

Just started Last Tango in Halifax and really like episode 1. We will see how this one goes as I feel it could get a little over the top with personalities.

We are also watching, in small bits, Toast of London. It's a funny enough show but a bit erratic and nonsensical than I really like. Love his voice over work though!
              My wife loved Afterlife. I think I watched the first two episodes and found that I did not care enough to continue. I really like the lead actor but it just did not work for me. Just finished watching The Worst Week of My Life. It is a BBC show from about 15 years ago. The show ran for two full seasons consisting of seven episodes, one per day of the week. They finished with a three episode season of Christmas. If you like British humor I do recommend it.

Comment

I will check that show out. I read the description and sounds like something we would like.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Martin View Post

My wife loved Afterlife. I think I watched the first two episodes and found that I did not care enough to continue. I really like the lead actor but it just did not work for me. Just finished watching The Worst Week of My Life. It is a BBC show from about 15 years ago. The show ran for two full seasons consisting of seven episodes, one per day of the week. They finished with a three episode season of Christmas. If you like British humor I do recommend it.

Comment

Bummer. The Worst Week of My Life is only available on Acorn which is a subscription service. Not adding any services right now.

Comment

Bummer. The Worst Week of My Life is only available on Acorn which is a subscription service. Not adding any services right now.
                    I have Acorn primarily to watch Doc Martin. If I see The Worst Week of My Life pop up elsewhere I will let you know. It is worth the watch. By the way, Doc Martin is one of the best shows I have ever seen!

Comment

We had Acorn TV just for Doc Martin. Love the show and hope to see the final season once it's available.

Thanks. Maybe we will add back in Acorn to re-watch Doc Martin for the 3rd time.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have Acorn primarily to watch Doc Martin. If I see The Worst Week of My Life pop up elsewhere I will let you know. It is worth the watch. By the way, Doc Martin is one of the best shows I have ever seen!

Comment

We're watching Resident Alien. It is funny as Hell!

Comment

Not sure if this counts but I've recently re-discovered my love for music videos on MTV Block Party. Just spent the last 15 minutes or so watching Motley Crue videos. Before that was John Cougar Mellencamp. Boy I really miss those days.
                          Back in the day, I would have done the same thing. I think it comes from the fact when I discovered "my" music, I lived overseas, and we didn't have MTV or access to music videos. (When I moved back stateside, it was to a tiny town and the cable company refused to offer MTV on religious grounds.) So when I had a job in high school, I bought far too many VHS collections of music and concert videos. I threw all of those away when I moved since I had no VHS player and all of this stuff was probably on YouTube.

Now I want to watch some videos.

Comment

With the pandemic, we had plans to watch so much stuff, but it just seems like I got media overdose and can barely watch anything.

However, some of things we are watching currently:

WandaVision (FANTASTIC if you enjoy and know the Marvel movies)
                            Ozark (we binged the hell out of this one on Netflix)
                            The Pacific (pseudo sequel to Band of Brothers)

Since my wife has been watching Elementary (Americanized modern take on Sherlock) since she never finished the series, we are revisiting the BBC's take - Sherlock - since I realized this was another show we never finished.

There are so many shows I want to watch, but it seems like there just hasn't been time, even though we have nothing but time on our hands lately.

Comment

Saw commercials for it and may try this one out at some point.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              We're watching Resident Alien. It is funny as Hell!

Comment

Working...
                              X