No announcement yet.

The Stand-On CBS all access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched episode one. The one hour episode felt like it would never end. Not a fan of how they skip around but it was okay enough to try episode 2. The story is fairly linear so I'm not sure why they decided to try and confuse the viewer. Also, since they are skipping around, wouldn't it make more sense to give clear dates or distinctions when skipping around?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Episode 2 in the books. Wow. Weird music, most functional drug addict ever, someone has an eye patch, silent child, and many other things when I list them all sound like they would add up to something I would like. The reality is I am not enjoying this.

Coupled with the timeline issues, lack of getting to the main story-line, coupled with weird character development is making this a dud.

My guess is that at some point this will turn into a very fast moving plot line and that the creators were hoping for a slow build-up (function of timeline) then it will be kicked into high gear. To me, what made the original solid, was making the story into a character driving tale with many characters you loved and hated.

At this point I only dislike, pretty much everyone, and feel indifferent to the rest.

Comment

I enjoyed the "Old" Stand, so I'll just re-watch it, instead of watching the new one. Somethings I just don't need to see being re-done....

Comment

Episode 3 in the books. May watch the rest but no more reviews. It just isn't that good.

Comment

Anyone else find that the actor and script for Tom Cullen to be ridiculous?

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Episode 3 in the books. May watch the rest but no more reviews. It just isn't that good.

Comment

Anyone else find that the actor and script for Tom Cullen to be ridiculous?

My wife did. She watched episode three, but I skipped it. I'd rather just read the book again.

Comment

This series has made me want to read the book again.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

My wife did. She watched episode three, but I skipped it. I'd rather just read the book again.

Comment

I see this thread has fizzled out. I wonder why.

Comment

I see this thread has fizzled out. I wonder why.
                    I am waiting until I can binge the full series to try the 7 days free. Brian mentioned seeing Ep1 free on Prime Video but that option was not available to me.

Comment

Bummed that the consensus seems to be that the new version stinks. The original miniseries was....fine. I always hoped someone would do it justice - guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am waiting until I can binge the full series to try the 7 days free. Brian mentioned seeing Ep1 free on Prime Video but that option was not available to me.
                        Same here. About a month to go. Gonna try to squeeze in The Twilight Zone series during that time as well.

Comment

Amazon Prime Day is offering 99 cents a month for two months on Paramount+ (Formally CBS All Access) Signed up so I have two months to watch The Stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Amazon Prime Day is offering 99 cents a month for two months on Paramount+ (Formally CBS All Access) Signed up so I have two months to watch The Stand.
                            Will love to know what you think of The Stand. I have pretty much heard nothing but lukewarm reviews which has held me back from wanting to check it out. Well, that and I truly enjoy the first miniseries, even the goofy hand of god scene.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Will love to know what you think of The Stand. I have pretty much heard nothing but lukewarm reviews which has held me back from wanting to check it out. Well, that and I truly enjoy the first miniseries, even the goofy hand of god scene.
                              I too am a fan of the original despite the goofy end. I watched the first episode last night. First impression was mixed. I like the overall feel and the actors. The jumping around the story line was a little off putting.

Comment

Working...
                              X