Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stand-On CBS all access

Another remake.

Hard to be excited for this but I do hope it's good. I'm sure I will watch it at some point however I actually liked the original.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Me Too, I thought the original was pretty good! And of course you have to buy another channel....

Comment

Anyone know if CBS All Access has the entire season of The Stand Streaming or only one or two episodes?

Debating doing the 7 day trial while I am off over the holidays and binging it.

Comment

I was wondering that as well.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Anyone know if CBS All Access has the entire season of The Stand Streaming or only one or two episodes?

Debating doing the 7 day trial while I am off over the holidays and binging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          I was wondering that as well.

The website only lists episode 1 so I probably know my answer but hoping a subscriber can prove me wrong.

Comment

The website only lists episode 1 so I probably know my answer but hoping a subscriber can prove me wrong.
            Not a subscriber but their website states new episodes premier each Thursday. At that rate, all episodes will be available on February 11th. I'll probably wait until then and binge for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Not a subscriber but their website states new episodes premier each Thursday. At that rate, all episodes will be available on February 11th. I'll probably wait until then and binge for free.
              Thank you.

Comment

Thank you.
                Most welcome. I don't feel it's must see TV like The Mandalorian

Comment

Most welcome. I don't feel it's must see TV like The Mandalorian
                  Funny you should mention that,. I changed my phone service and it now comes with Disney+. I have heard so much about The Mandalorian I have been debating checking it out.

Comment

Funny you should mention that,. I changed my phone service and it now comes with Disney+. I have heard so much about The Mandalorian I have been debating checking it out.
                    If you're a Star Wars fan/nerd, you'll love it. So much better IMO than the prequels or episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

Comment

If you're a Star Wars fan/nerd, you'll love it. So much better IMO than the prequels or episodes VII, VIII, and IX.
                      Not a big fan. Saw the original three, not sure the numbers, and enjoyed them. Saw one other movie, not even sure which one it was. Does The Mandalorian require a good knowledge of the series to enjoy?

Comment

Starting to see some commentary come in on episode 1. Not many positive ones so far at least where I'm looking.

Comment

Not a big fan. Saw the original three, not sure the numbers, and enjoyed them. Saw one other movie, not even sure which one it was. Does The Mandalorian require a good knowledge of the series to enjoy?
                          Apologize folks for derailing the thread a bit, but no, Martin, I think it works well as a stand alone series. You're talking to a kid here who saw Return of the Jedi about once a week in a $1 cinema with a few cousins during the summer of '83 though

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                            Starting to see some commentary come in on episode 1. Not many positive ones so far at least where I'm looking.
                            We watched episode one and were not impressed. The way they've structured the story is choppy, with constant flashbacks and, at least to me, an incomprehensible timeline if you hadn't read the book.

We watched episode two last night, and it didn't get any better. Larry Underwood's character has been messed with, and not in a way that makes sense. The Lincoln Tunnel scene was deleted and replaced by a really dumb walk in the sewers.

I'm done with it. My wife said she might keep watching in the hope that it'll get better, but I doubt that it will.

Comment

I watched the first episode free on Prime last night and enjoyed it. I can see where someone would get lost if they haven't read the book.

Comment

Working...
                              X