No announcement yet.

Carrie:The Remake. (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must be watching different versions of these movies because I see some good to great actors giving some fine performances in them (some of them giving better performances than I would have expected). Most of the problems i see comes from 1) the screenplay, 2) the scene composition or 3) effects used. There are notable exceptions: I don't think anything could have saved Maximum Overdrive---a misfire from the start; Pet Semetery suffered more from the direction than anything else--it seemed liek the actors were constrained by what the director wanted on screen--because both had done good work in the past. I found Duvall's performance in The Shining quite effective (and she's done some brilliant work, see Robert Altman's 3 Women.) I didn't initially like the choice of Hanks for The Green Mile, but that was before I saw him in it; Shawshank has flawless casting and acting.

And Sam Rockwell may not seem an obvious choice for a leading character in a King adaptation, but that's the thing about actors, the good ones can transform themselves to fit any character--I think he would be terrific in just about any King caharacter.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

OH, WORST CASTING EVER....PIERCE BROSNAN! or that whole movie...

Comment

Pierce Bosnan was actually quite good. It was the screenplay by Mick Garris that was the ledown...
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh the Screen play was horrible but the stuff between Pierce and the chick who I don't feel like looking up and can barely remember(not a good thing) had no chemistry at all. They were supposed to be awkward because of the age difference but there was NOTHING BUT AWKWARDNESS with them when there should have been much more. I didn't feel like they cared for each other at all. A Huge part of this was the screenplay but alot of it was them as well. The screenplay did the same thing for Mike and Kyra as well but at least you could see the connection in the acting to an extent, although you still couldnt comprehend anything anywhere near the connetion between them that you could in the book. Again yes, the screenplay was horrible but it's hard to convey that without coming out and saying it, unless you leave it up to the actors to make you believe it. The whole thing IMO was aweful, the cast, the screenplay, jamming it into 4 hours, the directing(which may have led to the problem with the actors) I wish they hadn't even bothered making this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
            I thought Shelley Duvall was rather yucky. No talent. She came off like someone who has nothing to offer yet insists upon being your best-est friend. But that seems to be a problem with most King adaptations. I love to pretend there will be a day when Hollywood does a King movie with a cast that knows how to act. :-) It is a curiosity; it's like they don't want to make good King movies. I like Tom Hanks, but even he seemed out of place in "The Green Mile".
            I didn't like Shelley Duvall in The Shining either....all she did was remind me of Olive Oyl....lol. As far as the original Carrie...I liked the movie up until the end when the mother (Piper Laurie?) was dying..I thought she would take forever to die..all the theatrics was a little too much...just shut up and die already...just sayin'...

Comment

I didn't know she was Olive Oyl until last week. I overheard Storage wars and someone said they found shelly duvalls olive oyl shoes and All I could think about was how friggin much she really does look like olive oyl. I didnt even know there was a live action Popeye until this point. lol. REALLY hated her in the shining. I liked the mini series better, prob cuz king wrote it himself and stuck to the book very well. I did have steven webber as jack though.

Comment

Julianne Moore has signed on to play Carrie's mom and some other casting choices.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/05/14...9.html?_r=true
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I really liked the de Palma movie. As far as I'm concerned, the definitive adaptation.
                  Not interested in the least in a re-make.

sk

Comment

True enough, Siep; but it gonna happen whehther we want it to or not. And Julianne Moore' not a bad choice.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

True. I might even like it.
                      I always thought there should be no Lord of the Rings adaptation, and look what happened.

sk

Comment

You got a movie credit out of it!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah...I almost forgot...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Julianne Moore has signed on to play Carrie's mom and some other casting choices.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/05/14...9.html?_r=true
                            This bit of casting has sold it for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X