X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    If anyone is dealing with health issues and trying to balance life, work, and a gazillion doctors appointments please know that you are not alone. It is so incredibly difficult sometimes. Just had a doctor cancel an hour before an appointment. I structured my whole work day to go to this appointment and ever started work an hour early. Wish I could send them a bill for my time which they wasted.
    No doubt. They'd sure charge you if you didn't show up or cancel in time.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    If anyone is dealing with health issues and trying to balance life, work, and a gazillion doctors appointments please know that you are not alone. It is so incredibly difficult sometimes. Just had a doctor cancel an hour before an appointment. I structured my whole work day to go to this appointment and ever started work an hour early. Wish I could send them a bill for my time which they wasted.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I reviewed my book budget from last year vs. actual and I just about doubled my budget. That can't happen in 2022. I have a few books from LP that I will need to pay for but I think 2022 will be a low purchase year for me.

Over the next few weeks, as I review finances, I will create a new book budget for 2022 but I don't see it increasing much from last year. So as I stated above that will mean less purchases to counter the rising cost of books.

Kind of a bummer as I love collecting and supporting specific publishers, authors, and artists. But honestly inflation has outpaced my income.

Anyway. I'm just kind of rambling in the random thoughts section of this site.
    You’re braver than I am. I’m afraid to look at my budget versus actual expenditure for 2021. I know that I blew my budget to smithereens.

Like you, I’m going to have to reassess my budget and book buying. Some life changes are quickly approaching that is going to make this necessary for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I 100% get this. My FB is highly limited. I'm not on any other social media platform as FB is enough. My friends on FB include my wife and one author. My groups are a few local community groups, small press collectors and a Jeff Strand Group. I deleted a few other book groups as I quickly became overwhelmed with them.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I jumped on and right off, it was overwhelming me with stuff. I guess i like my social media at a little slower pace LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I reviewed my book budget from last year vs. actual and I just about doubled my budget. That can't happen in 2022. I have a few books from LP that I will need to pay for but I think 2022 will be a low purchase year for me.

Over the next few weeks, as I review finances, I will create a new book budget for 2022 but I don't see it increasing much from last year. So as I stated above that will mean less purchases to counter the rising cost of books.

Kind of a bummer as I love collecting and supporting specific publishers, authors, and artists. But honestly inflation has outpaced my income.

Anyway. I'm just kind of rambling in the random thoughts section of this site.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X