Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yeah, I read that she will be signing copies of The Silkworm at a special event as part of the Harrogate Crime festival, on 18th July 2014.

I might just have to get my ass up to Harrogate for this...
    I want to be at one of those festivals at some point. There is a similar one here in the US called Bouchercon, which is in LA this year. I may try to get to get to that one. Just not sure of my schedule in November yet.

Comment

Any one here read Peter f Hamilton. I picked up a copy of The Dreaming Void today at half price books. Any thoughts or opinions would be great. Never read anything by him before.

Comment

Space opera, haven't read him but I've had thoughts of trying out Great North Road. Not big on sci-fi but I'd take it over fantasy. I think there is a tie-in book coming out in the fall that touches on that Void series you have Book 1 of.

Comment

I have a few of his books, but have not read them yet. There is a new book this year in the same world as the Void books. I think it's the Commonweath. Also, there is a 2 book set that comes before the Void books.

Comment

Has anyone read Corrosion by Jon Bassoff? It sounds pretty good i'm thinking of buying the kindle version.

Comment

Corrossion is a really bleak, beautiful and gothic psychonoir. Some absolutely intense parts. It definitely got me interested in checking out Bassoff's follow-up when it's released in October.

Comment

Thanks, I think i'll get it. When you say follow-up do you mean a continuance of Corrosion or it's his second book.

Comment

Sorry for not being clearer. His second book, Factory Town, is due in October. It's a standalone title, but definitely sounds like it will be in the same vein as Corrosion.

Comment

Just found out that my copy of Poppy Z. Brite's Lost Souls, Gautlet Edition has been shipped to the wrong address, to some place called Brampton. I can't even begin to describe how pissed off I am. Right after having to deal with other garbage sellers on e-bay (with high ratings) I have to deal with this crap.

Comment

Wow that sucks. Brampton is in Ont., there's a cardboard box mfg. plant there. Winnipeg must be a hard place to find. I tried to send some freight to Winnipeg this week and the carrier sent to Mobile, AL, TWICE!
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I came across this on reddit a few minutes ago while reading "Parents of Reddit, what is something you did in high school that you will NEVER admit to your children" I found it funny and love how many guys in a row understood and kept this going...

IMG_20140503_235731.jpg

Comment

If anyone is wondering why my screenshot looks so weird, it was from my Blackerry Z10 so 90% of you have never seen one before. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I came across this on reddit a few minutes ago while reading "Parents of Reddit, what is something you did in high school that you will NEVER admit to your children" I found it funny and love how many guys in a row understood and kept this going...

WTF was that!!!???

WTF.gif
                            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15145[/ATTACH]
                              lol

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                                Wow that sucks. Brampton is in Ont., there's a cardboard box mfg. plant there. Winnipeg must be a hard place to find. I tried to send some freight to Winnipeg this week and the carrier sent to Mobile, AL, TWICE!
                                It's the first time I've had it happen. I worry that whoever received it may have opened and damaged the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X