No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...as a fan of hot (spicy) food, this weekend during my weekly trip to Kroger for groceries, my wife came across a jar of ghost pepper salsa (yes it actually has ghost peppers as an ingredient....... very good flavour, and wow does it have zip to it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      WTF was that!!!???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15147[/ATTACH]
      Thank God the Dude Abides. Someone needs to call into question the morality and sanity of today's internet culture!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

All its right with the world again. Jack Bauer has resurfaced to take care of business and leave the powers that be with the knowledge that they're all idiots anmd incompetents. All is well.

At least for the summer.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Commencing the four and a half hour silent crime epic, Fritz Lang's Mabuse the Gambler. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Commencing the four and a half hour silent crime epic, Fritz Lang's Mabuse the Gambler. Wish me luck!
            I've seen several Fritz Lang movies including The Testament of Dr. Mabuse but haven't seen Mabuse the Gambler yet, I'm sure it's very good, let us know what it's like

Comment

I've seen quite a few Fritz Lang films, and not one of them have I disliked. I'm a huge fan of his crime/noir films, but with that said Metropolis is definitely my favourite so far. It's just so imaginative and ahead of it's time. M would come in second, I think. Peter Lorre is one of my favourite actors and his role in M is one of the main reasons for that. Lang's social conscience, along with amazing cinematic flair, is what really elevated his films far above standard film fare.

Comment

H.R. Giger (1940 - 2014)

Creator of one of the best aliens in the universe.

Comment

I was quite sad to read that, I like his artwork a great deal

Comment

Well my bro's cat just started drinking my water then sneezed in it. Guess I won't be drinking that.

Comment

For those that hadn't heard today is Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Harlan Ellison's birthday today, while yesterday was Peter Cushing's birthday was yesterday. Currently watching Scream and Scream Again in tribute to the maestros of horror film. Happy Horrormas everybody!

Comment

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. Mine was filled with way too much BBQ, beer and...movies (sorry, couldn't come up with a "b" synonym for movies )

And this showed up in the mail on Saturday:

VoMR.jpg

Didn't have too much time to work on it, but I did have to clear a space for it (and now I see my dirty carpets and other such stuff--it's 60x40 inches; that's a bedboard from the 1950's I have it on.)

Work (2).jpg

And clear space for a table to work on.

Work (1).jpg

It'll take me a month to work the thing at this rate.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. Mine was filled with way too much BBQ, beer and...movies (sorry, couldn't come up with a "b" synonym for movies )

And this showed up in the mail on Saturday:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15224[/ATTACH]

Didn't have too much time to work on it, but I did have to clear a space for it (and now I see my dirty carpets and other such stuff--it's 60x40 inches; that's a bedboard from the 1950's I have it on.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15226[/ATTACH]

And clear space for a table to work on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15225[/ATTACH]

It'll take me a month to work the thing at this rate.
                          I LOVE IT! I've always wanted to tackle a giant puzzle, but never found the space or time to attack it. It's been way too long since I've even done a jigsaw.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Good mail delivery day! Got CD #71, Dark Discoveries #27, and 21st Century King by Bev Vincent. Also got the ebook of The Exiled by William Meikle from the Darkfuse book club.

Comment

a 5000 pc puzzle!!!! Damn! I used to quite enjoy puzzle back when I was younger. My grandmother used to pass her time making them, and then my grandfather would mount it to a hard piece of paneling and then put a clear coat on it. Looks nice when done!

Good luck with that Squire....that should keep you busy a while!

Comment

Can't find too many people up for a game of Scrabble, but I always enjoy it when I can.

DSCF4877.JPG

So after round four when the score was 257 to 110 (the three 7-letter words and "TIDY" are mine)....
                                Last edited by srboone; 06-15-2014, 05:57 AM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X