No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you end up reading him let me know what you think. Personally I think I liked -14- a little more than Paradox Bound. If you are into zombies and superheroes he has you covered as well.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thank you! He is back on my authors to explore list.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I went through the Windows webstore but I think this is the APP. Get HP Smart - Microsoft Store Hope it works for you.
      I did have some time today and after a mighty struggle and effort my printer is now printing again. It appears the issue was the new modem and Wi-Fi network. I had to try I'd say 5 times and I finally was able to enter the password correctly and now my HP Envy 5055 works again. I think I'll need to replace black ink soon. Luckily I have both black and tr-color cartridge back-up. Whew! I was ready to surrender when I picked up my printer again and focused on the network. What a hassle...
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Printers are a beast of their own Cap, I feel your pain.

I believe it was when I upgraded to Windows 10, the printer just stopped working because the drivers were no longer recognized. And then we have a really nice Brother laser printer that after we lost power in December/January because of the massive fires here, it no longer shows on my network (it's wireless and AirPlay). Of course, it's a beast to reset from the printer panel, so I have to haul into the office/den and see if I can make it happy again.

Comment

My current wireless printer stopped working when we switched our ISP from our local cable company to T-Mobile 5G wireless router. I spent hours on this thing and landed on my printer is not compatible with the router. T-Mobile and HP were of no help at all.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I believe it was when I upgraded to Windows 10, the printer just stopped working because the drivers were no longer recognized. And then we have a really nice Brother laser printer that after we lost power in December/January because of the massive fires here, it no longer shows on my network (it's wireless and AirPlay). Of course, it's a beast to reset from the printer panel, so I have to haul into the office/den and see if I can make it happy again.

Comment

Random question, but, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has read Wylding Hall by Elizabeth Hand? Keep seeing this book pop-up on lists that I am looking at and have been close to pulling the trigger; however, I have never read anything by this author so I have been holding off. Any opinions appreciated!

Comment

Glad you finally got it working again.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                Random question, but, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has read Wylding Hall by Elizabeth Hand? Keep seeing this book pop-up on lists that I am looking at and have been close to pulling the trigger; however, I have never read anything by this author so I have been holding off. Any opinions appreciated!
                I have read a few short stories by Elizabeth Hand in collections but have never read any longer work. If you do bite on this please let us know what you think of it.

Comment

I have read a few short stories by Elizabeth Hand in collections but have never read any longer work. If you do bite on this please let us know what you think of it.
                  Hey, Martin, with regards to another author, hope you saw these signing venues for Scalzi’s new one:

https://www.tor.com/2022/02/11/annou...ation-society/

I just ordered from one of them…really looking forward to this new standalone.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Hey, Martin, with regards to another author, hope you saw these signing venues for Scalzi’s new one:

https://www.tor.com/2022/02/11/annou...ation-society/

I just ordered from one of them…really looking forward to this new standalone.
                    Thank you. I will be on the Virtual event tonight and will get a book from that event. I believe I posted a link to it on the forum a while back. I also have the Audio book pre-ordered. I will finish the listen of Gwendy's Final task tonight and start a new Scalzi story tomorrow! Tomorrow will be a good day for me Both Scalzi and O'Nan have releases. Scalzi is first for me but I have both the audio and a signed first on order for Ocean State and it will be after Scalzi!

Comment

Thank you. I will be on the Virtual event tonight and will get a book from that event. I believe I posted a link to it on the forum a while back. I also have the Audio book pre-ordered. I will finish the listen of Gwendy's Final task tonight and start a new Scalzi story tomorrow! Tomorrow will be a good day for me Both Scalzi and O'Nan have releases. Scalzi is first for me but I have both the audio and a signed first on order for Ocean State and it will be after Scalzi!
                      Flyleaf (where he is tonight) has a virtual event to watch? That’s who I ordered from, but I didn’t see anything about that. Can you clarify? I do see there’s one on the 18th at Brookline Booksmith, but…

Thanks for the heads-up on the O’Nan…I didn’t realize it was out tomorrow, too. I’ll have to check his signing schedule as well.

Comment

I believe he is at Flyleaf tomorrow and the Barnes & Noble virtual event is tonight.

Here is my original post about tonight's event:

John Scalzi's Kaiju Preservation Society virtual event March 14th:

02-27-2022, 04:13 PM
                        Barnes and Noble is hosting a virtual book launch with John Scalzi for his next release 'The Kaiju Preservation Society'.

Monday, March 14th 4PM Pacific.
                        Price is $37.65 and includes admission, A signed book and a laptop sticker. The price includes shipping.

John Scalzi celebrates THE KAIJU PRESERVATION SOCIETY! (barnesandnoble.com)

I ordered a signed copy of Ocean State from Ocean State | Stewart O'Nan | First Edition (acappellabooks.com)

Comment

I believe he is at Flyleaf tomorrow and the Barnes & Noble virtual event is tonight.

Here is my original post about tonight's event:

John Scalzi's Kaiju Preservation Society virtual event March 14th:

02-27-2022, 04:13 PM
                          Barnes and Noble is hosting a virtual book launch with John Scalzi for his next release 'The Kaiju Preservation Society'.

Monday, March 14th 4PM Pacific.
                          Price is $37.65 and includes admission, A signed book and a laptop sticker. The price includes shipping.

John Scalzi celebrates THE KAIJU PRESERVATION SOCIETY! (barnesandnoble.com)

I ordered a signed copy of Ocean State from Ocean State | Stewart O'Nan | First Edition (acappellabooks.com)
                          Ah, okay — thanks. I thought Flyleaf was launch night, and wasn’t aware of the earlier B&N event. Sorry to have to miss it, but hopefully one of his stops will show up on YouTube at some point. Have a nice time!

Comment

Oh shoot he's in-person in Boulder on the 23rd. I wonder if I can swing that somehow ... I don't think I can since I'm on puppy dog duty while the wife is back in Washington. Dammit.

ETA: I've purchased signed books after an author visit before, I bet they'll do that again, maybe even get it personalized.

Comment

Oh shoot he's in-person in Boulder on the 23rd. I wonder if I can swing that somehow ... I don't think I can since I'm on puppy dog duty while the wife is back in Washington. Dammit.

ETA: I've purchased signed books after an author visit before, I bet they'll do that again, maybe even get it personalized.
                              If you can swing it Scalzi live is a blast!

Comment

Wrapped up taxes today. It went pretty well. We will get a return of $210 and some change. Woohoo! I like it when we get this close but don't owe anything. We did a few years with the mindset of paying at the end of the year but the IRS is such a pain to contact and deal with so we adjusted things a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X