Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    You are getting close to trying a few fun things.

According to the Library of Congress, it's possible, but not probable, that you could fry an egg on a sidewalk during a hot day. Eggs need to reach a temperature of 158*F to cook through. Sidewalks can usually get up to 145*F. The hotter the day, the more likely your egg will fry.

That would have to require me to actually step outside. I tried that yesterday and, trust me, it will not happen again. I actually stepped onto the back porch wit only my socks on yesterday and if I had remained it would have burnt my feet. Turned on the noon local news and they are predicting 115 which would be the third straight breaking the all time high. They are now saying the all time high in the state of 119 may be broken east of the mountains. I am so ready for fall!

Comment

Sounds like you need to move to Florida so you can experience some milder Summer temps. LOL

Originally posted by Martin View Post

That would have to require me to actually step outside. I tried that yesterday and, trust me, it will not happen again. I actually stepped onto the back porch wit only my socks on yesterday and if I had remained it would have burnt my feet. Turned on the noon local news and they are predicting 115 which would be the third straight breaking the all time high. They are now saying the all time high in the state of 119 may be broken east of the mountains. I am so ready for fall!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Sounds like you need to move to Florida so you can experience some milder Summer temps. LOL

7:00 PM and it is 115. I may move further north but there is zero chance I go anywhere south of here.

Comment

76 with 95% humidity here right now. Seems pleasant compared to 115.

7:00 PM and it is 115. I may move further north but there is zero chance I go anywhere south of here.

Comment

76 with 95% humidity here right now. Seems pleasant compared to 115.

Humidity is only 11% but that 'but it's a dry heat' goes out the window when it is this hot. We have a breeze coming out of the gorge which basically makes it feel like you are standing in a convection oven when outside.

Comment

Woo-Hoo!!! Wind has shifted to be coming from the coast. Temperature has dropped 20 degrees in 45 minutes! It is only 96 but the humidity is up to 34%. We could reach the high 60's overnight!

Comment

Well this is not good. It is only supposed to be 95 today and my air conditioning has gone out. I have checked the unit out and diagnosed (Guessed) the issue and ordered the part I need to replace (maybe). $18 part and $28 to overnight it to me. If my diagnosis (Guess) is correct I will have A/C again tomorrow but for now it is rather hot in here!

Comment

So sorry. I really hope you can have the unit back up in running quickly.

Well this is not good. It is only supposed to be 95 today and my air conditioning has gone out. I have checked the unit out and diagnosed (Guessed) the issue and ordered the part I need to replace (maybe). $18 part and $28 to overnight it to me. If my diagnosis (Guess) is correct I will have A/C again tomorrow but for now it is rather hot in here!

Comment

I just had a similar issue with my central air. Fan started banging in the middle of the night, had to shut it off. Took it apart this morning, spun the fan wheel and a dead mouse fell out. Removed dead mouse and put it back together and am back up and running. Hope your fix goes as smoothly Martin (Well smoothly for me, not the mouse)

Comment

Originally posted by taost33 View Post

I just had a similar issue with my central air. Fan started banging in the middle of the night, had to shut it off. Took it apart this morning, spun the fan wheel and a dead mouse fell out. Removed dead mouse and put it back together and am back up and running. Hope your fix goes as smoothly Martin (Well smoothly for me, not the mouse)
                      I am pretty sure an electronic switch rather than an execution. When on I here the in the unit but the fan is not turning. I sprayed the fan with water and it spins freely. I have a reasonable degree of confidence that the Contactor that sends power to the fan crapped out. Fed Ex texted me last night that they had the item in hand and I should have it no later than 8 PM. Should take 10 to 15 minutes to swap out and then I will know if I have fixed it or if it is a much more expensive issue.

Comment

Ahh, the blessed coolness returns...afternoon's just about over, and we'll be lucky if we break 80 degrees today.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Ahh, the blessed coolness returns...afternoon's just about over, and we'll be lucky if we break 80 degrees today.
                          Still 93F here at 6:30pm. I was thinking about mowing the grass before the storms roll in, but eh...

Comment

We are short handed, to put it mildly, in the park. The unit where I work was on OT (Overtime) 6 day weeks for approx. two months. Practically every dept is short employees. So I haven't been here much at all. I still am buying books. I really need to do another eBay auction---When I have the time. Now the concessionaire here is cracking down on OT. No OT! I need an Incredible Hulk emoticon or one that has a gun with the Bang! flag. lol

Cap
                            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

That's a lot of Books! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                That's a lot of Books! LOL!
                                I have more books than I thought I would own. My reading tastes/habits changed dramatically about 20 years ago. I am still refining my "collection". I do know that compared to other posters here I am a small timer in that regard. Many posters in just this forum have 3X, 5X or 10X the number of books (As opposed to me).

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X