Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    The Follow Your Delivery on a Live Map feature of UPS’ site is both a blessing and a curse. It looks, however, the self-torture will be over within the next hour...

EDIT: The curse cackled at my vision of the torture ending by 5:30 as originally indicated on the site, and has instead extended my potential agony until the 9PM mark.
    Been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Been there.
      I refuse to watch that little truck icon mock me any longer, drawing tantalizingly close, scant blocks away, then dart away a mile or three down the road.

I’ll instead let my Ring doorbell mock me with its false alerts, of bunny rabbits and passing cars...
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I refuse to watch that little truck icon mock me any longer, drawing tantalizingly close, scant blocks away, then dart away a mile or three down the road.

I’ll instead let my Ring doorbell mock me with its false alerts, of bunny rabbits and passing cars...
        Especially when the truck goes all around you repeatedly for hours! Had am Amazon delivery coming today. As I got home and was going to get my mail an Amazon truck came down my street, just kept going. When I got back to my garage she went by again, had just enough time to go around the block, and passed me again. This tie she stopped and dropped a package several houses down. She went around the corner and I heard the beeping of backup. She then came back and delivered a package right across, only then did she finally bring out my package.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Especially when the truck goes all around you repeatedly for hours! Had am Amazon delivery coming today. As I got home and was going to get my mail an Amazon truck came down my street, just kept going. When I got back to my garage she went by again, had just enough time to go around the block, and passed me again. This tie she stopped and dropped a package several houses down. She went around the corner and I heard the beeping of backup. She then came back and delivered a package right across, only then did she finally bring out my package.
          Wow!! My head hurts from reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            That's amazing work, Dan! Are you self taught or did you have a mentor?
            Self taught
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Dan. Is the Suntup thread closed? States I'm not authorized to view it and to contact admin.
              I missed this post. Did it sort itself out?
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Wow!! My head hurts from reading this.
                Side note. I did learn that the new grey Amazon delivery vans have great stereo's. Whenever she drove by I could feel the base and when she stopped to hand off the packages she left her door open and the neighborhood had a wall of sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Self taught
                  Nice!

Comment

I missed this post. Did it sort itself out?
                    It seems to have.

Comment

I posted a YouTube video for the first time in a couple of years. So if anyone wants to see me do some wood turning, here's a video of me making a vase.

My middle school had multiples lathes in the woodshop. I still have a wooden salad bowl and an aluminum toothpick holder I made in 8th grade.

Comment

The hens finally produced some eggs! Woot.

The five hens managed 3 whole eggs last night. That puts them at about $150/egg so far. Materials for coop, wire, stakes, hay, bedding material, feeder, etc, etc...LOL

So far not a money saving investment but fun.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          The hens finally produced some eggs! Woot.

The five hens managed 3 whole eggs last night. That puts them at about $150/egg so far. Materials for coop, wire, stakes, hay, bedding material, feeder, etc, etc...LOL

So far not a money saving investment but fun.
                          As long as you aren't hen pecked

Comment

Ooh, that joke laid an egg.
                            Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yeah, you've got egg on your face.
                              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

This has probably been asked before however could there be a link in the store/product page to the forum announcement of a book? Maybe that would drive a few more folks into the forum.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X