No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I submitted my new "Collecting the Modern Macabre" article a week or so ago for the upcoming issue of the annual Weird Fiction Review, coming later this year from Centipede Press. The last one -- appearing a few months ago, in Feb. 2020 -- on Karl Edward Wagner's small press, Carcosa, was a healthy 4500 words, and the previous one featuring Dark Harvest (in its prior mag home) was 2500 words...this new one's a massive 6500 words, a length the topic demanded. I shouldn't speak yet to its subject, but I do hope that for those who read WFR that you all enjoy it.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Is he doing another one this year? I had thought it was an annual publication.

Either way, I look forward to reading it!

Comment

Looking forward to reading it Ron!

Comment

I love these Tom Adams Raymond Chandler covers. Didn't care for them much when I was a kid, but over the years I've grown to appreciate them.
          RC.jpg
          RC 2.jpg
          RC3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
            Is he doing another one this year? I had thought it was an annual publication.

Either way, I look forward to reading it!
            It is an annual publication, and he shoots for an end-of-the-year publication (Nov./Dec.), but this last one was delayed a couple months, so came out in Feb. of this year. We’ll see what happens with the next one.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Picked up a bee hive this weekend. Fun times ahead with bee stings and honey.

Two days ago was my first experience (for probably 20+ years) with the sting part. Bugger flew right into my ear.

In about 5 seconds I went from calmly trying to get it away to swatting, tripping and falling, getting stung, it falling down my collar, and then ripping off my shirt and running into the house...My neighbors saw most of that. :-)
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Two days ago was my first experience (for probably 20+ years) with the sting part. Bugger flew right into my ear.

In about 5 seconds I went from calmly trying to get it away to swatting, tripping and falling, getting stung, it falling down my collar, and then ripping off my shirt and running into the house...My neighbors saw most of that. :-)
                But did they get it on video?

Comment

Hopefully, you were doing your best Chris Farley impression.

Comment

I'm laughing WITH you. Not at you.

I'd love to have a bee hive, chicken coop, and every Suntup and CD lettered edition ever published.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      But did they get it on video?
                      Google it. LOL. (I hope they didn't have their phones out.)

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                      Hopefully, you were doing your best Chris Farley impression.
                      Yep. Sadly I did.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      I'm laughing WITH you. Not at you.

I'd love to have a bee hive, chicken coop, and every Suntup and CD lettered edition ever published.
                      It was funny. So it's okay to laugh.

I never expected to get a bee in my ear. Upon further research they seem to like ears and noses. I will be wearing my vail more often.
                      Last edited by Ben Staad; 05-13-2020, 07:20 PM.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Good thoughts and wishes to all.

Comment

I'm hoping I get another email from abebooks.co.uk w. a discount code I can use. If I do I may place an order for a used book.

Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            I'm hoping I get another email from abebooks.co.uk w. a discount code I can use. If I do I may place an order for a used book.

Cap
                            Hope it happens for you!

Comment

Is that ANGEL'S INFERNO by William Hjortsberg still on schedule? I haven't ordered the Centipede, as I'm guessing it's sold out and I missed the boat, but I'm hoping that another publisher has the paperback rights as that is ONE BOOK that I'm looking forward to.
                              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
                                Is that ANGEL'S INFERNO by William Hjortsberg still on schedule? I haven't ordered the Centipede, as I'm guessing it's sold out and I missed the boat, but I'm hoping that another publisher has the paperback rights as that is ONE BOOK that I'm looking forward to.
                                Centipede’s edition hasn’t been put up for sale yet so you still have a chance if you’re interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X