Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
    Is that ANGEL'S INFERNO by William Hjortsberg still on schedule? I haven't ordered the Centipede, as I'm guessing it's sold out and I missed the boat, but I'm hoping that another publisher has the paperback rights as that is ONE BOOK that I'm looking forward to.
    "Now, as for Falling Angel and Angel’s Inferno, these are done, but they are heading to our bookbindery to have slipcases made.......Still waiting…but it won’t be too much longer." I would contact Jerad directly, for availability info.

Comment

thanks sock monkey and mhatchett!
      Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Flober View Post
        Good thoughts and wishes to all.
        That was a very nice random thought, Thank You!!

Comment

Digging through stuff while I’m working from home. I’ve been picking these National Geographic slipcases for years, usually for 25-50 Cents apiece. My goal was to recover them somehow, but today I decided to just use them as they are, after all, only the spine is marked. They are working pretty well for my Osprey war books. I’m sure I’ll find some other uses shortly.

NG 1.jpg
          NG 2.jpg
          NG 4.jpg
          NG 3a.jpg

Comment

Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Congrats, Cap — glad you were able to save a few bucks *and* get a book you really want...win-win.
              I did get Magpie Murder and today Ay, caramba! I found an even more affordable copy. This copy has a fairly decent dustjacket too. ~Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Random gripe. The only shipping company I consistently receive items from after the original date is FedEx. The fact that they now allow you to monitor the shipping on their website make it worse. Current example: Product ships from Miami Florida on May 12th with an expected delivery of May 21st. Product is scanned into FedEx facility in Fife Washington on May 16th. That is a couple hundred miles from me and making that last leg in 5 days should be no problem. So no movement until May 20th, the day before the scheduled arrival date. Problem is that the package is heading away from and is at the Auburn Washington FedEx location. Maybe that is a hub and it will be transferred from there down to me, could happen. Nope. Today, the original estimated delivery date, the estimated arrival date has been pushed out until May 26th, five more days. Truth be told, I do not need this item in a hurry and do not mind delays. It just seems that this happens consistently with FedEx. This package spent four days traveling across the country leaving it five days to get across Washington. Instead it is now estimated to spend 10 days just to travel the last 200 miles. I actually think it has happened on the last three or four FedEx deliveries I have received. Most of my products come from other carriers and I believe I have had two issues in the last ten years from all other carriers combined. FedEx just sucks at their main job, at least around here. Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Random gripe. The only shipping company I consistently receive items from after the original date is FedEx. The fact that they now allow you to monitor the shipping on their website make it worse. Current example: Product ships from Miami Florida on May 12th with an expected delivery of May 21st. Product is scanned into FedEx facility in Fife Washington on May 16th. That is a couple hundred miles from me and making that last leg in 5 days should be no problem. So no movement until May 20th, the day before the scheduled arrival date. Problem is that the package is heading away from and is at the Auburn Washington FedEx location. Maybe that is a hub and it will be transferred from there down to me, could happen. Nope. Today, the original estimated delivery date, the estimated arrival date has been pushed out until May 26th, five more days. Truth be told, I do not need this item in a hurry and do not mind delays. It just seems that this happens consistently with FedEx. This package spent four days traveling across the country leaving it five days to get across Washington. Instead it is now estimated to spend 10 days just to travel the last 200 miles. I actually think it has happened on the last three or four FedEx deliveries I have received. Most of my products come from other carriers and I believe I have had two issues in the last ten years from all other carriers combined. FedEx just sucks at their main job, at least around here. Rant over.
                  Interesting. I've had that problem with UPS a fair bit lately. Never to that extent though, usually only an extra day or two. Has this been going on for a long time, or only recently? Wondering if it has something to do with COVID.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    Interesting. I've had that problem with UPS a fair bit lately. Never to that extent though, usually only an extra day or two. Has this been going on for a long time, or only recently? Wondering if it has something to do with COVID.
                    Definitely not Covid related. It has been going on long enough that I am now trained to never select FedEx if I can select shipping. This purchase offered no alternatives. I would say the I first experienced this about five years ago and the last few FedEx deliveries have all been delayed, often just staying at a FedEx facility for a week. I think FedEx has issues here in Washington that have been going on for a while. I suspect it has been happening longer than I realized, putting tracking on the internet just allows me to watch. This is actually part one of what will be a two part shipment so when it arrives it will sit until mid-August when the other half arrives. Bad thing is that will also come via FedEx so it will probably be September. The package has now left Auburn and for all I know it is heading up to Blaine so it can hit two corners of the US. Bad thing is that this half of the shipment is fragile and getting shuttled around presents more risk that it will arrive damaged. That would mean that I would need to contact the seller and start this silly journey over again.

PS. I have never had an issue with UPS here.

Comment

Well my package continues to travel farther from me. It has now been scanned in at its third FedEx facility in the Seattle in the last six days. Each one a little farther from me. It has traveled from Fife to Auburn and now Kent. On a bright note they have also change the estimated delivery date. Originally the 21st, then the 26th and now the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Well my package continues to travel farther from me. It has now been scanned in at its third FedEx facility in the Seattle in the last six days. Each one a little farther from me. It has traveled from Fife to Auburn and now Kent. On a bright note they have also change the estimated delivery date. Originally the 21st, then the 26th and now the 23rd.
                        All your packages are the epitome of wayward children. At least eventually they find their way home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          All your packages are the epitome of wayward children. At least eventually they find their way home.
                          This is the second one I have had wander off lately. Update. FedEx has handed the package off to USPS and the delivery date is once again the 26th.

Comment

So thanks to Jeff's latest in boxing video I now have on order 2 bookmarks and a book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              So thanks to Jeff's latest in boxing video I now have on order 2 bookmarks and a book.
                              So for those wondering:

https://youtu.be/kzfDOEt6d5Y

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                It's a dangerous slip on my part. I need to stay focused on books! And I'm glad you weren't a jackass like me and you ordered more than one.

Comment

Working...
                                X