Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

I hope to be a great asset to the CD forums. I've been collecting King since 1980 (yep, giving my age away). My favorite book is The Shining. I have a custom built walk in closet known to the collecting world as Room 217 (The Closet). When I get an opportunity, I will create a Collections thread and share pictures.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to becoming part of this family.

Mulleins
    Welcome to this quiet little corner of the web. Looking forward to seeing your collection!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I'm working from home until at least mid-April. I'm thrilled to have the luxury of being able to do so. All my business travel has been cancelled as well. I usually go somewhere at least 6-8 times a year. If any of you have seen my latest unboxing video, then you've seen my new office.

I wish everyone here health and prosperity. Stay safe, my friends.
      The Cigargoyle lounge now office space. That is just wrong, at least return Pennywise to his rightful home!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        The Cigargoyle lounge now office space. That is just wrong, at least return Pennywise to his rightful home!
        I do need to decorate

Comment

Just came on the thread. Hope everyone is well (and welcome to the new member!).

Didn't read through all the messages, and this may have already been brought up, but I was curious what people think the fictional landscape will be post this crisis (whenever post really is...I think until we have an effective vaccine we won't be post anything, even if certain restrictions are eliminated, so that might be up to two years). I have to presume, especially with people staying inside, that many authors are right now writing short stories (at the very least) using SARS-CoV-2 as the topic (I know I did, and it looks like it may be published, but that might certainly fall through as well; I'm sure many here have been through that scenario).

Are any of the usual CD suspects composing stories, maybe Mr. Chizmar? I was also thinking, with the Quibi service, that short scripts might be useful in the marketplace as well.

Would love to see King, certainly, surprise us with a take...

Comment

I had been going into the office every day (it's a mile away, I'm more productive there than home, the gym at work is still open) but I left after about 2 hours this morning, and am now a full-time work from home guy. And I already hate it.

But I am fortunate to have a relatively safe job which takes that stress off our hands. My wife can't work (Nordstrom is closed) and they're not paying her (even though they are saying they're paying all employees but in reality they're not.)

And not to make this a country western song, my little black dog (she's a lab) passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, so it's been kind of a shit month.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I had been going into the office every day (it's a mile away, I'm more productive there than home, the gym at work is still open) but I left after about 2 hours this morning, and am now a full-time work from home guy. And I already hate it.

But I am fortunate to have a relatively safe job which takes that stress off our hands. My wife can't work (Nordstrom is closed) and they're not paying her (even though they are saying they're paying all employees but in reality they're not.)

And not to make this a country western song, my little black dog (she's a lab) passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, so it's been kind of a shit month.
              Sorry to hear that, hopefully better days are in your near future.

Comment

Sorry about your dog!

Comment

My condolences on the passing of your dog, Tacoma. And of course on the other stuff. Hopefully there will be pressure on employers to step up, but I can definitely see a retail company such as Nordstrom pulling a move like that. Hopefully that resolves itself, best of luck...

Comment

Adding my condolences on your dog, TD. A perpetual dog-owner myself, I know how tough that is
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm so sorry, Jason. Such a rotten time to have this loss heaped on you. Better days are ahead.

Comment

Very sorry to hear all of this. Adding my condolences about you dog, that is a tough one to cope with. They are like family.

I hope your situation improves soon.

Comment

Sorry about the lose of your dog. I have basically always owned dog(s) my entire life and understand how tough it is when they pass. Hang in there my friend.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss, Jason and that Katie is out of work

Comment

Sorry about your dog and everything else that you are going through.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                Sorry about your dog and everything else that you are going through.
                                Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                So very sorry for your loss, Jason and that Katie is out of work
                                Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Sorry about the lose of your dog. I have basically always owned dog(s) my entire life and understand how tough it is when they pass. Hang in there my friend.
                                Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                                Very sorry to hear all of this. Adding my condolences about you dog, that is a tough one to cope with. They are like family.

I hope your situation improves soon.
                                Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                I'm so sorry, Jason. Such a rotten time to have this loss heaped on you. Better days are ahead.
                                Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Adding my condolences on your dog, TD. A perpetual dog-owner myself, I know how tough that is
                                Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                                My condolences on the passing of your dog, Tacoma. And of course on the other stuff. Hopefully there will be pressure on employers to step up, but I can definitely see a retail company such as Nordstrom pulling a move like that. Hopefully that resolves itself, best of luck...
                                Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                Sorry about your dog!
                                Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Sorry to hear that, hopefully better days are in your near future.
                                Thanks every one. I didn't mean to drop a sad bombshell on the forum.

We lost Olive suddenly on Sunday - I've had her since before she was 8 weeks old; she was a little over 12 and a half years old. She's always been a constant companion to me. Every twist and turn life threw at me, Olive was there.

If you're up for ugly crying (or so I've been told lots), you're welcome to read the little thing I wrote for her yesterday - Olive the Little Black Dog

Regarding Nordstrom - my wife emailed HR and basically told them it's a bunch of shit that she's not being paid. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X