Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Arthritis and all, Hell yeah LOL!!
    Yes but my new hips work much better than the factory ones I came with!

Comment

Hey all, I’m in a legal battle with my homeowners insurance and the service provider who committed outright fraud against me. I’ve detailed the whole sorry saga on my dormant blog and I might have to remove these posts when I reach a deal. But until then I’d love if anyone felt moved to share this post anywhere on social media. Any platform. As long as it draws the views and awareness to the insane stuff these people can get away with.
      http://jeffandjillwentupthehill.com/...he-wreckoning/

If you don’t want to share, that’s ok. I still love you.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Hey all, I’m in a legal battle with my homeowners insurance and the service provider who committed outright fraud against me. I’ve detailed the whole sorry saga on my dormant blog and I might have to remove these posts when I reach a deal. But until then I’d love if anyone felt moved to share this post anywhere on social media. Any platform. As long as it draws the views and awareness to the insane stuff these people can get away with.
        http://jeffandjillwentupthehill.com/...he-wreckoning/

If you don’t want to share, that’s ok. I still love you.
        Best of luck getting it resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Best of luck getting it resolved.
          Thank you. It’s been exhausting.

Comment

God Bless you man, what total insane BS. You need to find a shark of a lawyer for sure. Sadly, I think this is the state of business in America, Buyer be the F*** aware and armed. You made many, many great points during your therapeutic rant, I will share where I can.

Comment

Thank you. It’s been exhausting.
              You're welcome and no doubt. Dealing with anything of this nature is always a PITA.

Comment

Jeff. I only do Facebook on a super limited basis but I posted it on my page for ya, brother. I was also a bit stalkerish and read up on you and yours. Love the story of you guys!

Have you tried to reach out to the local media to get your story out? One of our stations here does an "On Your Side" campaign (the locals call it "On Your Ass" if you're on the receiving end) where they investigate and get things like this out to the public. Of course they get the standard; such and such couldn't be reached for comment.

Again, best of luck to you and yours. You're one of the great ones here and I hate that you and yours are having to go through all this.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  God Bless you man, what total insane BS. You need to find a shark of a lawyer for sure. Sadly, I think this is the state of business in America, Buyer be the F*** aware and armed. You made many, many great points during your therapeutic rant, I will share where I can.
                  I really appreciate the kind words and the promise of a future share. Unfortunately our lawyer has the teeth of a chicken. Every step of the way he has recommended retreat.My social media campaign netted us the only gains we've seen after 8 months of abuse. The only comfort I've had is in comments like yours. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Jeff. I only do Facebook on a super limited basis but I posted it on my page for ya, brother. I was also a bit stalkerish and read up on you and yours. Love the story of you guys!

Have you tried to reach out to the local media to get your story out? One of our stations here does an "On Your Side" campaign (the locals call it "On Your Ass" if you're on the receiving end) where they investigate and get things like this out to the public. Of course they get the standard; such and such couldn't be reached for comment.

Again, best of luck to you and yours. You're one of the great ones here and I hate that you and yours are having to go through all this.
                    Again, thank you! And yeah, I contacted the local media but no response. I was so hoping that someone would stick a microphone in Fred Becker's face and ask him why he stole our identity. But ServPro doesn't seem to care that their employee steals info from their customers and AAA doesn't seem to care that one of their adjusters is a gun waving maniac. It's the Wild West out there people. But thanks to you! And anyone else who reads and sympathizes. You guys are my sanctuary!

Comment

And let me just say that it’s been the incredible people in this book collecting community that gave me the few bright spots in a nightmare year. Those great people who have texted with me, exchanged books with me, and even gifted me a Suntup edition. Without those great and amazing people, life would have been so much more unbearable. You are truly the best people. Just know that it is deeply appreciated.

Comment

And let me just say that it’s been the incredible people in this book collecting community that gave me the few bright spots in a nightmare year. Those great people who have texted with me, exchanged books with me, and even gifted me a Suntup edition. Without those great and amazing people, life would have been so much more unbearable. You are truly the best people. Just know that it is deeply appreciated.
                        +1

Comment

I read through parts I & II after working this morning and this statement had me rolling!: I watched in awe as Derek achieved a state of Pure Purple Nirvana. He communed with the spirits of Prince, Grimace, and countless squashed concord grapes. For a moment, I thought he’d erupt in a fountain of lavender lava and we’d get a new, perhaps even less competent, crew boss.

Not to make light of your situation at all but that's best selling New York Times list shit there, brother! I also found your write-up on unschooling extremely interesting. I absolutely dreaded and hated school. So much so that I never made an attempt to attend anything school like after high school. Unschooling would have been a great fit for me I feel looking back. Are you still doing this for the kids?

Comment

@Jeff. I am truly sorry for the struggle and hardships you have gone through. It is not fair or right. I wish you the best.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

As I mentioned on Twitter, Jeff, I sure hope you can put this behind you quickly. Although if it’s now gone to a lawsuit, that’s probably not in the cards…hope it wraps up as soon as it possibly can, and good luck!
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Normally, I probably wouldn't post about this topic in a message board forum. I knew I'd lost some weight, I did not realize I'd lost 13-14 lbs. Now I'm too darn skinny. I was at my ideal weight or maybe 2 lbs over and than..... I don't know much about the weight loss yet beyond the fact I lost weight. A separate issue -- I have been told I need a minor surgery. I suspected what the problem was before being told by a surgeon and I was correct. So, I AM okay. I'm also trying to shed (sell ) books as everyone knows.

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X