No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a POP collector. I would get him to sign my Chase variant with Georgie's arm ripped off. Other than that, an original movie poster would be good as well.

716YSYUuYFL._SX466_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
      I'm a POP collector. I would get him to sign my Chase variant with Georgie's arm ripped off. Other than that, an original movie poster would be good as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21068[/ATTACH]
      THAT POP would be perfect. I just have the FYE Pennywise variant. That's the only thing I have from the movie. Who knows, maybe he's selling something at his table.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        THAT POP would be perfect. I just have the FYE Pennywise variant. That's the only thing I have from the movie. Who knows, maybe he's selling something at his table.
        They currently go for between 30 and 50. I lucked out and found a fine one on Amazon for 30. I haven't checked in a while. The prices may have come down. There is also the movie moment one that features Pennywise as well if at some point you manage to get Skarsgard's autograph....

images.jpg

Comment

They currently go for between 30 and 50. I lucked out and found a fine one on Amazon for 30. I haven't checked in a while. The prices may have come down. There is also the movie moment one that features Pennywise as well if at some point you manage to get Skarsgard's autograph....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21069[/ATTACH]
          That would blow my mind. I doubt he'll be there (Skarsgard) or any of the other actors. For some reason, I don't believe I could get that lucky. I LOVED the 2017 movie. I smiled the entire time I watched it.

Comment

I've noticed that a lot of the Losers do do conventions except for the kid from Stranger Things. His would be the toughest to get. There's a POP for all of them! A collector completist nightmare added with the SEVERAL Pennywises they have done. And it's all coming again when the second movie hits. sigh

Comment

Have him sign something with which he was involved.

Otherwise it means nothing IMHO.

Comment

OK. Now I have a pretty good question (not like my stupid Georgie question. Forget that one).

So Ashley Laurence will be attending Days of the Dead. She starred in Hellraiser and she wrote an intro for Earthling's edition of HELLBOUND HEART. I have a PC copy of this book. I'm going to have her sign it if possible. But, I was wondering if it's a waste of time (value-wise) to have someone sign a PC copy?

Comment

I've noticed that a lot of the Losers do do conventions except for the kid from Stranger Things. His would be the toughest to get. There's a POP for all of them! A collector completist nightmare added with the SEVERAL Pennywises they have done. And it's all coming again when the second movie hits. sigh

The chatter on the DOTD FB page is hopeful for getting the other Losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Br!an View Post
                    Have him sign something with which he was involved.

Otherwise it means nothing IMHO.

I think I'm mostly in alignment with that opinion.

Comment

OK. Now I have a pretty good question (not like my stupid Georgie question. Forget that one).

So Ashley Laurence will be attending Days of the Dead. She starred in Hellraiser and she wrote an intro for Earthling's edition of HELLBOUND HEART. I have a PC copy of this book. I'm going to have her sign it if possible. But, I was wondering if it's a waste of time (value-wise) to have someone sign a PC copy?
                      I will not even try to speak to value as that could only be answered by you. But if I have a book that she wrote the introduction to I would try to get her to sign it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I will not even try to speak to value as that could only be answered by you. But if I have a book that she wrote the introduction to I would try to get her to sign it.
                        Thank you. When I mention value, I meant monetary value and not personal worth. For sure, I'm hoping to get her to sign my PC edition and I'll be thrilled if she does. But I was wondering if getting signatures added to PC copies increased their value on the secondary market. Or does the PC designation mean that the copy will still remain on the sidelines of the collecting game?

Comment

Thank you. When I mention value, I meant monetary value and not personal worth. For sure, I'm hoping to get her to sign my PC edition and I'll be thrilled if she does. But I was wondering if getting signatures added to PC copies increased their value on the secondary market. Or does the PC designation mean that the copy will still remain on the sidelines of the collecting game?
                          I can't speak to that either. Others may be able to provide a more informed view.

Comment

I’m not familiar with her, but assuming that she has some sort of celebrity status in the Barker world and didn’t sign many copies of this book, I would think that it would raise the value of the PC edition to some degree. Since PCs are worth less than numbered copies, I would imagine the value then would be equal to, and perhaps just a hair more, then a standard numbered edition...so perhaps a 25 to 33% bump? The signature makes it attractive in a way that no other PC is, so that’d be my guess.

Btw: Hey, Jeff, what’s this about your house falling down…?
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I’m not familiar with her, but assuming that she has some sort of celebrity status in the Barker world and didn’t sign many copies of this book, I would think that it would raise the value of the PC edition to some degree. Since PCs are worth less than numbered copies, I would imagine the value then would be equal to, and perhaps just a hair more, then a standard numbered edition...so perhaps a 25 to 33% bump? The signature makes it attractive in a way that no other PC is, so that’d be my guess.

Btw: Hey, Jeff, what’s this about your house falling down…?
                              I went on vacation with my family and while we were gone a water feed broke and sprayed water all over my bathroom floor for possibly 21 hours before my sister in law found the leak and shut it off. It was a second floor bathroom (our only bathroom) and the water cascaded down destroying our kitchen and pouring into the basement. The damage resulted in a week of tear down and dry out mitigation. And currently the entire contents of my house have been packed up and stored because the hardwood floors in every room need to be refinished--after all the drywall is repaired and replaced and the kitchen is rebuilt. We're all living at my mother-in-law's house.

Comment

I went on vacation with my family and while we were gone a water feed broke and sprayed water all over my bathroom floor for possibly 21 hours before my sister in law found the leak and shut it off. It was a second floor bathroom (our only bathroom) and the water cascaded down destroying our kitchen and pouring into the basement. The damage resulted in a week of tear down and dry out mitigation. And currently the entire contents of my house have been packed up and stored because the hardwood floors in every room need to be refinished--after all the drywall is repaired and replaced and the kitchen is rebuilt. We're all living at my mother-in-law's house.
                                Sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully things will all be put back together soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X