• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet looking bookcase.
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Love the bookcases and the new books!
    Thanks guys. The larger one, Tenebris, is asleep now but once the ideas are again enclosed within her protection she growls softly and lies in wait for anyone foolish enough to open a door. The younger shelf must complete two more impossible tasks before her name becomes knowable and she’s ready to be bound to a mortal.

“Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Hmmm, sounds like you must have picked those up at that cursed antique shop from the late '80s/early '90s.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17209[/ATTACH]

Wait!!!! There's still a book trapped in there!!!! WWWWAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Wait!!!! There's still a book trapped in there!!!! WWWWAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!!
          It's a trap Brad!!! Don't reach for it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            It's a trap Brad!!! Don't reach for it!!!

But...it's all alone!!!!

Comment

Brian's right, the bookcase isn't evil but can be very dangerous. It's been rumored to display a single book as an enticement to passers-by, the title changing for each person, but I'm only aware of one person who's ever pulled a book from inside and lived to talk about it. And the right to do so has cost me dearly.
              -John Barth

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                Brian's right, the bookcase isn't evil but can be very dangerous. It's been rumored to display a single book as an enticement to passers-by, the title changing for each person, but I'm only aware of one person who's ever pulled a book from inside and lived to talk about it. And the right to do so has cost me dearly.
                I see a very good Halloween story in there someplace........

Comment

Talk about scary....... what a crazy baseball game last night in Toronto!

Comment

Jumper outside of Universal Studios today, and the havoc that was caused in traffic alone, with thousands of people hours late for picking up their kid, getting to the doctor or just plain getting to school/work/home, not to mention inabilities to react to emergencies and even mechanical issues like running out of gas while stranded, and the dude didn't do anything other than hang off a bridge. They shut down the studio 2 hours before the work day ended so people would have a better chance at being able to get home.

Not that I wanted the guy to jump, mind you, but the gridlock caused by him over the 101 freeway is severe, and extended throughout surrounding cities. Inflatable bags were placed on the road under him and he would eventually maneuver to a different section of bridge.

This dude needed to be pushed or bean-bagged off the bridge onto the supporting air bags below, and if he injured himself or was otherwise injured during the fall or during the push, so be it. The push would have been to avoid all of the mayhem that ensued over the hours he was hanging there, toying with police and firefighters. In a sprawling city like L.A., with gridlock like that, I cannot for one second believe that serious injury or death didn't occur elsewhere as a direct result of this egomaniacal moron, at the end of his rope or not.

Kill yourself, and we will feel sorry for you, look into what made you upset and perhaps society will learn something and just maybe the next person in your situation will have a better chance at finding a way out. Make a big spectacle out of not killing yourself, ruining as much collective time as possible for as many people as possible, and we'll hate you for it, fair and square.

/rant

("damn, that's a cold-ass honkey")
                    -John Barth

Comment

So yah...... I have a 2007 Dodge Caravan, which I can't wait to get rid of, but can't afford to do so at this time - nothing but problem after problem, check engine light has been on for almost a year, nobody can figure it out (and they are made 5 minutes from my house!)... 2 flat tires!!!! - have to take it in tomorrow morning (Saturday). Can't drive it until then. On my way to work this morning, my 2008 Avenger decides it wants to put on it's check engine light! I get home from work about 5pm, my wife (on nights this week) has to go in form 8pm. I was supposed to be playing hockey tonight at 7pm.

Comment

So, you like Count Chocula??? Boo-Berry Crunch???? How about these!!!!

http://www.tor.com/2015/11/02/horror...-cereal-boxes/

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          So, you like Count Chocula??? Boo-Berry Crunch???? How about these!!!!

http://www.tor.com/2015/11/02/horror...-cereal-boxes/
                          Cool looking boxes but I only buy the cheap stuff when it comes to cereal .

Comment

3 .....Yep 3 shipping notices from Cemetery Dance today. Looks like a fun end of the week or early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              3 .....Yep 3 shipping notices from Cemetery Dance today. Looks like a fun end of the week or early next week.
                              I usually get my notices after the box/es have already arrived LOL. But I don't mind. It's always a nice surprise

Comment

My son says he thinks the character is putting on the "mask" while I believe he's removing it to expose his true self. Just curious what you guys opinions as we all see things differently.

On or Off.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X