Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    Very true. I wonder how many copies that little bookstore has. I placed two orders 30 minutes apart, there were five order #s between my two orders and they're still showing them as available.
    Hopefully enough to fulfill all their orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
      Hopefully enough to fulfill all their orders.
      Their webpage is no longer accessible so I presume they've run out.

http://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/pr...ckoo-s-calling

Comment

That's a good sign I think, as long as the website was set to be removed after a certain number of purchases.

Comment

Now I sit and wait to see if I get a copy. Have the standard order confirmation email but I'll feel better with a shipment notice

Comment

Yeah, I hope I don't get any ordered canceled emails. I'm more excited for my sister to get her copy than I am to get mine.
            Did anyone read her last non-HP book? I saw Bev Vincent said he likes this new book better than The Casual Vacancy. I think she's never owned a signed book.

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
            Now I sit and wait to see if I get a copy. Have the standard order confirmation email but I'll feel better with a shipment notice
            I'm right there with ya waiting.

Comment

I have Casual Vacancy and read it. It got some harsh reviews. I didn't think it was bad but had hoped it would be better. The portrayal of the kids in the book I thought were the worst which seems odd considering the Potter franchise. The adults in the book are compelling characters to me.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                Yeah, I hope I don't get any ordered canceled emails. I'm more excited for my sister to get her copy than I am to get mine.
                Did anyone read her last non-HP book? I saw Bev Vincent said he likes this new book better than The Casual Vacancy. I think she's never owned a signed book.

I'm right there with ya waiting.
                and my order just got cancelled, damnit!

Comment

I just got cancellation emails for both my orders that were submitted last night.

Comment

Me too

Comment

so disappointing!

Comment

Cancelled here too. Damn. Do you think they'd be underhanded about it? Now that they know...

Comment

No, but I haven't done much business with them. My assumption is that their site isn't set up to close orders after their stock is depleted, like Goldsboro's is.

Comment

From the Mysterious Bookshops Facebook: "We are, unfortunately, completely out of the Rowling/Galbraith book. But we've just put in an order for more... so keep your eyes peeled! We'll let you know as soon as we have them in."

Comment

So, how hot is it here in good ol' Windsor, ON this week? Woke up at 6AM, and it was already 80°F (27 C), factor in humidty - felt like 34°C (93 F). Here it is now almost 11AM, and up to 87°F, 64% humidty, giving a humidex of 42°C (102.7F)!!!!!

Comment

That happened back home in Cape breton on monday too

Comment

Working...
                                X