Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    Bump
    Sorry I didn't see this. It's gonna be a little while, we're still collecting items for the grab bag so it'll be a little while yet. Brian may have a better idea than me though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

    Comment


      Happy 4th of July to all the Yanks on the board!
      Last edited by Theli; 07-04-2013, 02:29 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        Lucky you! It was cold (for Windsor standards at least), and rained quite hard all day, a little thunder and lightning to boot - natures fireworks! I'm used to this time of year to be hot and humid (85F and 70% humidity), not 65 and all day rain.
        It was Bloody HOT here! Not quite as bad as Tuesday but it was pretty damn hot. Hit about 30 I believe but tuesday hit 40 with the humidex even though the humidity was only at about 55% when I am used to 100% back east. Imagine if it hit 35 Degrees in the Maritimes! The Humidex would end up hitting a good 45-50degrees. Lukily WITH the humidex it generally only hits 30 tops.

        Comment


          Yeah it's been nice and hot here too. Humidity wasn't too bad over the weekend, but it was brutal today.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            It was Bloody HOT here! Not quite as bad as Tuesday but it was pretty damn hot. Hit about 30 I believe but tuesday hit 40 with the humidex even though the humidity was only at about 55% when I am used to 100% back east. Imagine if it hit 35 Degrees in the Maritimes! The Humidex would end up hitting a good 45-50degrees. Lukily WITH the humidex it generally only hits 30 tops.
            Sounds like Windsor, if it gets to 30C (86F) or more, add the 60%+ humidity, we get humidex in the 40s, close to 50 on occassion too, pretty much from late June, to early September. Of course we are also the thunderstorm capital of Canada, and knocking on the edge of tornado alley from the midwest US too.

            But I love it! Best part - grocery shopping and shopping in general in Detroit area. Worth it for the price of gas alone!

            Comment


              Super hot here as well dew points pushing temps to 100. Should make those Phish fans smell extra ripe tomorrow. Must not forget to bring nose plugs.

              First bad experience as a seller on ebay. Someone doesn't like the way their book was packed. Guess they wanted it wrapped in armor as well. Oh well can't win all the time. one out of almost 200 is not a bad percentage.

              Comment


                Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Super hot here as well dew points pushing temps to 100. Should make those Phish fans smell extra ripe tomorrow. Must not forget to bring nose plugs.

                First bad experience as a seller on ebay. Someone doesn't like the way their book was packed. Guess they wanted it wrapped in armor as well. Oh well can't win all the time. one out of almost 200 is not a bad percentage.
                It amazes me at some of the ebay buyers out there, and their silly complaints. I haven't had many issues, at all, and I sell overstock at work on ebay for my boss (yes, I'm awesome ). Generally, I love ebay for selling, and buying some things too. Amazon is actually pretty good for buying items, especially books! I know there are some ebay buyers who will try to claim the goods they received were not delivered or damaged just to get a refund, as well as keep the goods (wether or not they are actually damaged).

                Comment


                  Why in marriage, is there always one who loves books, and one that doesn't get why you do? My hubs thinks it's a waste of money, even though he doesn't give me a lot of grief about it. When I squeal about a new arrival or go off on a tirade about receiving one not packaged properly, his reaction is always the same.. a simple nod, and goes back to playing his video games. He doesn't get it about the books, but he feels the exact same way about his games. Right now, he doesn't see the need for me to get a proper bookcase. He thinks my books are fine where they are, but I sharply disagree.
                  What do you all think, do my books look happy?

                  photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
                  This doesn't even count the poor books I have boxed up.

                  Comment


                    Buy yourself a proper case. He's being unreasonable.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                      Why in marriage, is there always one who loves books, and one that doesn't get why you do? My hubs thinks it's a waste of money, even though he doesn't give me a lot of grief about it. When I squeal about a new arrival or go off on a tirade about receiving one not packaged properly, his reaction is always the same.. a simple nod, and goes back to playing his video games. He doesn't get it about the books, but he feels the exact same way about his games. Right now, he doesn't see the need for me to get a proper bookcase. He thinks my books are fine where they are, but I sharply disagree.
                      What do you all think, do my books look happy?

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]12966[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12967[/ATTACH]
                      This doesn't even count the poor books I have boxed up.
                      You need bookcases!

                      I bought 28 bookcases for $5 each when a local company moved to a new building.

                      Comment


                        I can't see the pictures but I do know books are happier on book shelves.

                        Comment


                          Looks like a cramped living space for your books, they need a new home, if shelves are out of the question send them to me

                          Comment


                            Hold his Xbox/ps3 system ransom until you get a case.

                            Comment


                              They deserve a proper home. Like most of mine do too. I get the same attitude from my wife. Waste of money, waste of space. Why can't I just throw them all out?
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

                              Comment


                                ^That really would be a waste of money.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X