X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Did some Shelf maintenance yesterday. The bookmarks on the left are all from local bookstores that have gone out of business over the years.

Shelfie2.jpg
    Scooby Dooby Doo!!!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I got a shipment notification today from the fine people at Cemetery Dance. Two days ago I found a fiction book about a hotel that I wanted immediately. I order the novel yesterday. I stumbled upon a cool article about hotel novels. There are 5 novels and I want each one. I already have read and totally enjoyed The Sun Down Motel. That novel made the list. When life gives you lemons and tries to make you a sourpuss make the most of it and make lemonade. I am okay just not really a happy camper lately.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I try to grab a bookmark from any of the stores I stop by. I missed a few that I feel bad about, especially a store called Novel Futures that specialized in Science Fiction and Mysteries. They got crushed by Barnes and Noble when they came to town.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Did some Shelf maintenance yesterday. The bookmarks on the left are all from local bookstores that have gone out of business over the years.
    A bittersweet archive. Nice that the stores' history lives on in some small way...wish I'd done something like that with all the stores I've seen come and go in the last three, four decades.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Looks like a proper shelfie. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Shelfie2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Great minds think alike.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Agreed, DWELLER is likely my favorite as well…and given my affinity for Strand’s work, that’s saying something about that particular book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Agreed, DWELLER is likely my favorite as well…and given my affinity for Strand’s work, that’s saying something about that particular book.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Hope you like it!

I'm going to try it Ben!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I'm going to try it Ben!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Finally added a fancy copy of Dweller by Jeff Strand to my collection. Probably, most likely, my favorite Jeff Strand novel.

Dweller 1 of 3.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Just in case you didn't see it mentioned on tdt.org there are some leftover slipcases for If It Bleeds available for order:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/if-it-...-slipcase.html
    Thanks MG!! I've been waiting to hear about an IIB slipcase. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Thanks, everyone for commiserating with my pain!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Just in case you didn't see it mentioned on tdt.org there are some leftover slipcases for If It Bleeds available for order:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/if-it-...-slipcase.html

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sock Monkey I've had a similar experience on ABE. I know the feeling of missing a book and also the reaction from a wife. No shoulder to cry on in my house regarding books.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X