Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats on your retirement, Mike! Best wishes moving forward.
    Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      Congrats, Mike!
      Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Bowling Pin A.jpg Turn out the lights the party's over, let the wild rumpus begin! Today is my first day of retirement, 41 years as a Librarian, 33 years at Henrico County Public Library. What a long, strange, wonderful trip it has been!!
        Wow! Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

Thanks so Much!

Comment

Congratulations! What a wonderful moment for you. I wish you the best moving forward and hope you have many years forging a new path.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Congratulations! What a wonderful moment for you. I wish you the best moving forward and hope you have many years forging a new path.
              Thanks Ben. I will admit to High Hopes LOL!!

Comment

Congratulations on your retirement. Today, you started a new chapter with a blank page. Question is, what story will you write on that page?

Mulleins
                I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Hey, congratulations, Mike -- that's great news...hope you have a long, healthy, and happy retirement, and are able to find lots of time to read (but don't forget to have adventures *off* the page, too!).
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    Hey, congratulations, Mike -- that's great news...hope you have a long, healthy, and happy retirement, and are able to find lots of time to read (but don't forget to have adventures *off* the page, too!).
                    Actually Ron, I'm hoping to meet some of my friends from the forum in my travels. We'll be headed out to Seattle for Thanksgiving so maybe I can meet anybody out that way for coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                      Congratulations on your retirement. Today, you started a new chapter with a blank page. Question is, what story will you write on that page?

Mulleins
                      One chapter is going to the Scares that Cares Writers Boot Camp. Adventure is my business LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Ben, I know at some point I'll be visiting some friends in Florida, maybe we can get together for a book store run!

Comment

Sadly in my area there are no book store runs to be had. We do have a few large chain stores but it's a wasteland for used books.

Ben, I know at some point I'll be visiting some friends in Florida, maybe we can get together for a book store run!

Comment

Brian Keene & Co.a.jpg
                            Went to a book signing/panel discussion at B&N tonight in Richmond. Got to meet Richard Chizmar and Brian Keene. They were both really nice. Richard signed my copy of October Dreams and Brian signed the Science Fiction Book Club edition of Lehorn's Hollow. It was a good time.
                            Last edited by mhatchett; 11-05-2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Cool. I like Keene and would have enjoyed hearing from him. Hope you had a great time and congrats on the signatures.

Brian Keene & Co.a.jpg
                              Went to a book signing/panel discussion at B&N tonight in Richmond. Got to meet Richard Chizmar and Brian Keene. They were both really nice. Richard signed my copy of October Country and Brian signed the Science Fiction Book Club edition of Lehorn's Hollow. It was a good time.

Comment

Looks like a fun event, glad you had a good time.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X