Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mulleins
    replied
    Here in Virginia, 28 degrees and still no power since 9am yesterday morning. They're saying days before we get it back. Good news is I have two wood burning stoves, lots of split wood, cold temps to keep food safe, and plenty of wine and bourbon. Life is good this Valentine's Sunday.

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    The wind has been bad so have drifts against portions of the house a couple feet deep. True accumulation, based on our back porch and a side door I had to open to get to a plastic shed to grab a shovel, is around six inches. It's still coming down, albeit more of a snow mist than flakes.

Here's the view right now from that same shot I posted yesterday...it doesn't really tell the tale, but it's obviously a lot whiter.

camera.JPG
    The photos I have seen from around here do not reflect the true picture either. The wind has created interesting drifts here as well. My doors remain clear but I do have snow up to the front door, which is odd since it is a fully covered area. The forecast has again changed here. Light snow for the next 12 hours and then a transition to several hours of freezing rain with thawing on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The wind has been bad so have drifts against portions of the house a couple feet deep. True accumulation, based on our back porch and a side door I had to open to get to a plastic shed to grab a shovel, is around six inches. It's still coming down, albeit more of a snow mist than flakes.

Here's the view right now from that same shot I posted yesterday...it doesn't really tell the tale, but it's obviously a lot whiter.

camera.JPG
    Last edited by RonClinton; 02-13-2021, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

The temperature swing is interesting. Today it now shows high of 7 and low of -6. Next Saturday has a high of 49 and a low of 27. At least this time it's a week - one day last year in a 24 hour period the temperature swing was something like 70.

I saw some pics from a buddy in Gig Harbor (and my brother lives in Tacoma, MIL in Covington) - getting some good amounts of snow out that way.

Be safe every one.
    I saw on the news that Tacoma was getting hit pretty hard. Unfortunately overnight I was awakened twice by heavy sleet hitting my window. That was after heavy snow that started around 8. I was using a wind protected table to estimate my snow. That table now looks like an upside cone of snow coated in ice. At its peak it is about 8 inches but I really have no clue how thick the ice is. Accu weather lists my neighborhood at 9.9 inches of snow. Around 300,000 without power from the ice, most south of here in Oregon where some areas received over 1/2 inch freezing rain. Received two texts from my office this morning stating they had no power and were on generator and the second stating that Portland had told them it would be a lengthy outage. They have shifted to partial power and are now telling us not to go into the office. I haven't actually been there in 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Compared to you it is downright balmy here. 25 degrees and with wind chill feels like 15. Just saw a pissed off Hummingbird, first time the feeders have frozen this winter.
    The temperature swing is interesting. Today it now shows high of 7 and low of -6. Next Saturday has a high of 49 and a low of 27. At least this time it's a week - one day last year in a 24 hour period the temperature swing was something like 70.

I saw some pics from a buddy in Gig Harbor (and my brother lives in Tacoma, MIL in Covington) - getting some good amounts of snow out that way.

Be safe every one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X