X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Just curious if anyone took advantage of today's email offer from Cemetery Dance. I am quite tempted to order the book. ~Cap
    If it's the book(s) that were just sent out to everyone on the mass distribution list today (Thurs.) -- the two Gillian Flynn books -- then no, I don't plan to preorder these...the last one (GONE GIRL) took waaayyyy too long from order to delivery (as I recall, apparently something about Flynn having them but taking years to sign them) and I'm just not going to do that anymore. I may get ahold of Camelot and reserve my copies without payment, but I wasn't wild about the book design of GONE GIRL (in fact, I seem to recall I had to exchange mine for another copy due to damage caused by the design, the book and slipcase not playing well together), either, so if they're a matching set I may just sit tight and see what they look like. If I like what I see, I'll probably grab them on the aftermarket, as I do really like Flynn's work, and I've actually yet to read DARK PLACES (but have read her other three books, GONE GIRL and SHARP OBJECTS and the HC novella).
    Last edited by RonClinton; 12-17-2020, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Just coming here to hint at that. Cool books, that I've read, but don't think I need a special edition of them. I thought they were good but they didn't really grab me in the way many other novels do.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I believe the public offering just went out.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Oh, Okay. I am not in the club. Thanks for the reply.

I believe the public offering just went out.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Oh, Okay. I am not in the club. Thanks for the reply.

It was a CDCC offer. If you are in the CDCC and did not receive an email Tuesday I would check spam and if not there email Mindy or Brian.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    When the weather man says expect 6-10 inches of snow and you wake up to over 3 feet of the fluffy white stuff. First time in 20 years that's snow storm has made me miss a day of work.
    I was expecting to see snow when I woke up today. Thought we might get snow this morning in daylight or this afternoon. So far, lots of rain, none of the white stuff yet. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I don't think I received anything from them a few days ago. Unless it's a secret what was the offer?

It was a CDCC offer. If you are in the CDCC and did not receive an email Tuesday I would check spam and if not there email Mindy or Brian.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I don't think I received anything from them a few days ago. Unless it's a secret what was the offer?

I did without hesitation.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    When the weather man says expect 6-10 inches of snow and you wake up to over 3 feet of the fluffy white stuff. First time in 20 years that's snow storm has made me miss a day of work.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Just curious if anyone took advantage of today's email offer from Cemetery Dance. I am quite tempted to order the book. ~Cap
    I did without hesitation.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    That is what I am thinking as well. The shelter didn't think she would get much bigger but my guess is that they are wrong.
    Everyone I know whose shelter pup turned into Clifford the Big Red Dog was told "Oh, it won't get much bigger than a Yorkie, really!"

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is what I am thinking as well. The shelter didn't think she would get much bigger but my guess is that they are wrong.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Looks like she has some big paws to grow into

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Gah. I am the worst at pointing and clicking. Anyway here is Scooter doing what she does when I'm looking at her...Now the second and millisecond I look away she is being a handful.
    Looks like she has some big paws to grow into

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    RIP Mr. Pride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIRTQ_k-Sg

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Gah. I am the worst at pointing and clicking. Anyway here is Scooter doing what she does when I'm looking at her...Now the second and millisecond I look away she is being a handful.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X